Done with game if these drop rates aren't bugged.

"
yungwhiz wrote:
I don't understand. I am assuming you probably have a thousand or more hours of playtime as well and that is satisfactory to you? I look at those results and get a litte disheartened. The same way i get disheartened when i see threads about people doing 500 dom runs and getting nothing but vendor trash uniques and chaos recipe rares. Like most f2p games i think things are designed to keep you playing and more likely to buy something. It has nothing to do with rewarding efficiency or creating a challenge. How challenging is it to win the lottery?

In that same time he probably made over 2000 chaoses and sold those for exalts, sold good rare drops, sold jewelers/chroms/allts and what not.

I play solo constantly and i keep a shop and i just sell stuff, i think i played this league 4 weeks actively or something and i have 30 exalts in my stash and probably around 60/70 exalts combined wealth over 5 chars and my stash.

Found 2 exalts myself and 5 divines. Just saying, stuff does not have to drop in this game for you to get it.
And if your playing self-found, better prepare your mind-set for that adventure then.

Peace,

-Boem-

(also what terex stated is correct, imagine they introduced a tough monster with solid risk/reward ratio, it would only be challenging for x days until a counter-build is devised. At that point he would be "exploited" and farmed rapidly without end.)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
terrex wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

I've played since OB launch, played a bit in CB.. I've found like 40+ exalts, like 20 divines, no mirror, 2 shitty 6link drops, only seen soul taker as far as high end uniques go for drops.

I don't understand. I am assuming you probably have a thousand or more hours of playtime as well and that is satisfactory to you? I look at those results and get a litte disheartened. The same way i get disheartened when i see threads about people doing 500 dom runs and getting nothing but vendor trash uniques and chaos recipe rares. Like most f2p games i think things are designed to keep you playing and more likely to buy something. It has nothing to do with rewarding efficiency or creating a challenge. How challenging is it to win the lottery?

I've easily put in over 5000 6000+ hours. To me I can't get enough of this. The feels, they are real at times. This includes afk time though. Not playing constantly. I got 2844 hours on steam and I've probably used that for under half my time. Takes too long to load though so I stopped.

That's 1ex every 150 hours. That's crazy to me. Most games you play and beat in about 40 hours (excluding side quests and shit). You can beat 3 games in the game it takes to find 1 currency required to buy "good" items. I understand why you play so much. I've played since release and according to steam i have 1200. Barely have anything to show for it, but there isn't a better arpg out there. yet. But as soon as a game is made i will take rewarding and addicting over just addicting.
"
yungwhiz wrote:

That's 1ex every 150 hours. That's crazy to me. Most games you play and beat in about 40 hours (excluding side quests and shit). You can beat 3 games in the game it takes to find 1 currency required to buy "good" items. I understand why you play so much. I've played since release and according to steam i have 1200. Barely have anything to show for it, but there isn't a better arpg out there. yet. But as soon as a game is made i will take rewarding and addicting over just addicting.

I'm at the point to where I just play and have fun. I don't worry about currency, drops or anything. I just set myself some small goals or things I would like to do and enjoy myself. It's why I can still sit on this game everyday for 5-10 hours.

I can understand people have the urge for wealth, insane gg items etc.. Some aspects obviously not everyone appreciates or shares the same feelings towards but small reasonable goals can make up for a much more rewarding experience not worrying about other stuff.

That's just me. :)
"
Boem wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

In that same time he probably made over 2000 chaoses and sold those for exalts, sold good rare drops, sold jewelers/chroms/allts and what not.

I play solo constantly and i keep a shop and i just sell stuff, i think i played this league 4 weeks actively or something and i have 30 exalts in my stash and probably around 60/70 exalts combined wealth over 5 chars and my stash.

Found 2 exalts myself and 5 divines. Just saying, stuff does not have to drop in this game for you to get it.
And if your playing self-found, better prepare your mind-set for that adventure then.

Peace,

-Boem-

(also what terex stated is correct, imagine they introduced a tough monster with solid risk/reward ratio, it would only be challenging for x days until a counter-build is devised. At that point he would be "exploited" and farmed rapidly without end.)

I understand that. But it is pretty much piecing together breadcrumbs to make a loaf of bread. In your case i would say a slice, in the grand scheme of things 100ex in combined wealth really isn't that much. Obviously if it was given to you all at once it is but 100ex divided by x thousand of hours of playtime is not. People always say if drops were better and uniques and shit were easier to get the game would be boring and no one would play. But the people who have thousands of exalts and buy every unique the first day it's released and rock mirrored gear in every rare slot on their build still play every day. I'm not saying make the game a candyland drop fest but at least give you something in return for the amount of time you could take to complete another game that involves more than holding down the right mouse button.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Simon_GGG on Oct 19, 2014, 4:20:51 PM
"
"
terrex wrote:

What exactly is your risk vs reward situation? Do you want them to make insane monsters you can barely kill that guarantee drop a shavs or something stupid?

Get real. Skill through knowledge, playing, experience is what shines. Mechanics can only go so far and will only prove to be so much of a challenge until players learn it and trivialize it. Uber is a perfect example.

Don't waste your time with _______, he barely plays the game, and barely understands anything about it, he doesn't have the perspective, experience, or knowledge of a player like you. The concepts of his mind are those of an individual with pent of frustrations from seeing others' successes and not understanding why he cannot have such success. Instead of working, learning, understanding, implementing and succeeding, he would rather wallow and complain until the game is changed into his paradise.

i will never understand the audacity of someone having maybe 1/20 playtime compared to a powergamer and demanding the same items

havoc got a soultaker from inner treasure can i be mad at him ? no because he prolly killed 100times more inner treasure rares than me

i have 400 chance in my 6l laquered garb did it turn into a cod no ! can i be mad after just 400 tries when i know manocean used close to 1k for his coe ?

you cant expect big wealth with low playtime grinder dont work that way you slowly build wealth and this wealth builds wealth
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Oct 18, 2014, 1:38:57 PM
"
terrex wrote:

What exactly is your risk vs reward situation? Do you want them to make insane monsters you can barely kill that guarantee drop a shavs or something stupid?

Get real. Skill through knowledge, playing, experience is what shines. Mechanics can only go so far and will only prove to be so much of a challenge until players learn it and trivialize it. Uber is a perfect example.

well why the hell not?

I mean, I've pretty much accepted the fact I'll NEVER see a single BiS item or top-tier currency in this game, no matter how hard I try and what I beat.
or alternatively I can have a shitty day in terms of skill-based achievements, and randomly drop something out of a random barrel.

does this seem like a normal situation to you?

I don't want to be "1% rich" with literally thousands of Exalts, mirrored 6-links, Shavs/Kaoms/CoEs and all that jazz.
but give me a fighting chance to get something good on my own skill, without being required - yes, required - to resort to the same tactics and styles the "1%" do.

I'm not "1% trading/grinding no-life elite". I'm me. I'm John Keys, an old D&D nerd and RPG fanatic, and by god I managed to fucking get somewhere on my own damned skill in pretty much every game I played so far.
be it Uber Tristram and level 90+ in D2, level 43 Hell Difficulty in D1, crazy Uber Zones in Median, beating Demon's Souls, NG++ Elite in Torchlight 2.... hell almost beating Rogue all those years ago.

Uber Atziri? in this game I will never get the gear to beat the "normal" version, unless I stop being me.
and yes, that makes me more than a bit upset.

I love this game, and hate it at the same time.
and I'll still keep playing it. at least a thousand hours more.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 18, 2014, 1:43:21 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

well why the hell not?

I mean, I've pretty much accepted the fact I'll NEVER see a single BiS item or top-tier currency in this game, no matter how hard I try and what I beat.
or alternatively I can have a shitty day in terms of skill-based achievements, and randomly drop something out of a random barrel.

does this seem like a normal situation to you?

I don't want to be "1% rich" with literally thousands of Exalts, mirrored 6-links, Shavs/Kaoms/CoEs and all that jazz.
but give me a fighting chance to get something good on my own skill, without being required - yes, required - to resort to the same tactics and styles the "1%" do.

I'm not "1% trading/grinding no-life elite". I'm me. I'm John Keys, an old D&D nerd and RPG fanatic, and by god I managed to fucking get somewhere on my own damned skill in pretty much every game I played so far.
be it Uber Tristram and level 90+ in D2, level 43 Hell Difficulty in D1, crazy Uber Zones in Median, beating Demon's Souls, NG++ Elite in Torchlight 2.... hell almost beating Rogue all those years ago.

Uber Atziri? in this game I will never get the gear to beat the "normal" version, unless I stop being me.
and yes, that makes me more than a bit upset.

I love this game, and hate it at the same time.
and I'll still keep playing it. at least a thousand hours more.

So you complain that you aren't willing to adapt or do new things? Come on man.. Please.

Get the nonsense out of your head. You can't play and expect all of the best rare items to drop, where is the sense of earn or value in that? if you put in the time you will be surprised at what happens, and that is what simply attracts me the most.

This is just beating around the same bush, we both know what is exactly going on here.
"
terrex wrote:

if you put in the time you will be surprised at what happens, and that is what simply attracts me the most.

yet the game correctly played will make the wealth you earn through drops low in comparison the wealth obtained through the playing the market
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
terrex wrote:

if you put in the time you will be surprised at what happens, and that is what simply attracts me the most.

yet the game correctly played will make the wealth you earn through drops low in comparison the wealth obtained through the playing the market

And? There isn't a problem with that in my eyes. You need people that want to trade to help those that don't want to trade at all. Time / convenience / not everyone wants max profit. In fact, I sell at like 75% undercutting so I don't have to waste anymore time trading than necessary.

If you enjoy trading, great. I don't. I gain wealth through playing just as effective.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info