What kind of areas would you like to see in Act 4?

"
DOOMBOT wrote:
a massive volcano !!!

I quite like this idea thinking back to the magma rivers before you fought Diablo in D2.

I also think a cool side-area would be a mine/goldsmiths place to explore. We see all the gold outside of Merveil and Atziri's dwellings but who makes it?!
chernobyl

with charging polar bears huge cockroaches, centipedes
Last edited by internetTOUGHGUY123 on Oct 19, 2014, 4:27:40 AM
Snow but I think they will never do that, imho because there is no snow in Wraeclast and it would be hard to fit monsters on with landscapes in this game.

I'd like pure desert areas though, not dunes but harsh desert.

I'm mostly worried about the monsters though, Act 3 mainly brought annoying mobs, not because they are too hard but plain annoying. I hope that trend won't continue.
Last edited by leto2626 on Oct 19, 2014, 4:36:17 AM
If act IV includes the Highgate mines, then we'll obviously have some mountains to climb (with or without snow) and some mines (and possibly some natural caverns) to explore.

The giant open areas that go on forever like vast empty plains, and the narrow twisting maze passages where everyone stacks up and you spend more time backtracking than playing are things I hope we don't see that much of in act 4.

What I'd really like to see more of in act 4 is a mix of open and tight spaces.

Let's say there's a mountain snow climb. Much of it might be like the ledge, but it could have several sections that open up quite a bit like a mini valley and a few alternate pathways. There could be a few ice caves to dart into and explore along the way.

If there are temples or underground shrines, I'm hoping they aren't as ragged as the Vaal ruins, or at least have some small pristine sections where you get a glimpse of what the grandeur once was like.

So far, I've been very happy with GGG's thematic approach and styles. I hope act 4 has lots and lots of areas to explore.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
sijima wrote:
Act 4 confirmed! WOOO! Obviously GGG is already working hard on Act 4 areas and this thread is not meant to tell them what to do.

What I would like to see:

1. A desert area. Yeah I know, its been done to death by Blizzard, but I just went on a road-trip to Southwest US and it was so beautiful. Anything from the bright red rocks and messas of the grand canyon, to the flat, white, dry land I saw around Mexican border with haunting abandoned Indian villages, plus real sand desert like you see in dune areas of the Oregon Coast. All would make excellent levels.

2. Mountain/snow biome. Again, Blizzard did it but they did everything. Nothing more beautiful than the sight of a mob massacre on pristine white snow.

3. What makes POE unique is the slight steampunk sensibility they mix into the gameworld. Think the robotic enemies in Act II (including boss) and the giant machine you see as you ascend towards Dominus. It gives the game a cool post apocalyptic vibe, like we are running on the ruins of some formerly great civilization we cannot comprehend. I think it would be awesome to have atleast one area where these aspects of the game are emphasized and the player is running around some kind of rusty, rotting steampunk area full of broken machines.

Any other ideas?

I would love to see more blue in the game.
i like big crits and i cannot lie, you otha brothas cant denyyy....
I would love if they made something like the dark effect in act 2, when players which havent yet killed Vaal see the town ugly and dirty, but after beating the boss it would become something like Solaris.
About the areas, id like to see some mountains and caves which lead deep underground, kinda like in Journey to the Centre-Earth and players would find something unexpected there. I feel like good story could help keep interest in new / old players
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
9 circles of hell

or

a giant structure that reconfigures itself
- Large open areas
- No rain
- Snow, but not overdone like Rain was on top of the Scepter of God
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
I hope that act 4 will not introduce more unnecessary fps-drop zones .
I'd like it to be The underworld. Just want to see where all this damn devourers are coming from, God damn it.

If it is snow it will just be too much of a copycat to d2. Not like it isn't in its current state.
Last edited by Ire_of_Desire on Oct 20, 2014, 2:40:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info