How to keep on PLAYING?

"
gtrans wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
gtrans wrote:
(NOT A QQ THREAD, JUST ASKING FOR FEEDBACK)

Ok I just lost 70ex worth of currency trying to 6 link, that was everything that I had. I'm pissed and hell I regret trying that. But now my frustration makes me want to quit this game but there aren't any other games that I enjoy. How can look to the bright side of it and give it a second chance?

You are comparing incomparables. I just dropped over 100 chaos orbs on a spree to try to get a good hammer and ended up with nothing. The value of those chaos was exactly 0. They were worth 0 sitting in my stash as well.

The only time they have value is when you get something for their use, either in trade or in application.

The fusings you used were worthless before you used them and worthless after you used them. You lost nothing.

If currency had no value, you wouldn't use them, you wouldn't even call it currency. Nor should it exist in the first place. Next time you want to make a point, make sure it makes sense.

there is no currency in this game. there are crafting orbs that were never suppose to be considered currency. But some where in beta the players couldn't understand the concept behind a bartering system so they made up currency. Bartering was to complex for the playerbase.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Dreggz wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Okay can people stop [Removed by Support]debating economical terms in a video game.

Fusings have no value if you do not plan to trade them, use them, or do anything with them at all. They are magical pixels on the screen.

The moment you use them or trade them they gain a potential value based on what GGG gave them within the confines of the game (they have the potential value of being a 6-link) or market value if you trade them for another good. If I suddenly quit the game the next day having 100000 exalts, their value to me is forever 0 in everyway or form.

Are you aware that in the same post you ask people to stop debating and then you immediately proceed to do so?

They are pixels but not magical. Pixels can be exchanged for physical things (again, obviously against the rules (and dumb)). If you do not plan to use them they will still have value as long as they can be used, as long as they are useful or desirable to someone, anyone. If you suddenly quit the game it does nothing to the fact that they have value, it just makes them inaccessible to anyone else.
Okay if you don't understand what the line
"The moment you use them or trade them they gain a potential value based on what GGG gave them within the confines of the game (they have the potential value of being a 6-link)"

because it basically means what you said, when you use them they have a potential value

The keyword is value to "me", if I do not use my 10000 exalts ever and never play the game to me their value is 0 to me because I am doing >nothing< with them. I did not say they do "not" have a value, I literally said the have a value depending on how you use them.

Let it be noted that a long disdainful pause was taken before being able to type this.

We are absolutely not saying the same thing. I am saying the orbs have and retain value(s) before you use them and that their value is expended when used. You are saying they gain their value when you use them. Those are different things, different positions, different times, with different implications.

Here's how this went:
You say "Fusings have no value" before "The moment you use them or trade them they gain".
Then you explain that they lose their value to you when you quit (like, no shit, nobody is even trying to discuss this).
Their loss of RagnarokChu-value is acknowledged but it is explained that the items still have value even when losing RagnarokChu-value. This isn't a discussion about RagnarokChu-value.
You suddenly start behaving as if you never said those underlined things then get upset because somehow, some way, you think we are of the same position ...?

Weird, right?

Maybe you will make more sense if you say 'retarded' and 'literally' some more.

    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
              ͏   ͏͏ ৹ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ⋅𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲⋅ಊ⋅𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝⋅ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ৹
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Oct 16, 2014, 12:11:16 PM
"
Dreggz wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Okay can people stop [Removed by Support] debating economical terms in a video game.

Let it be noted that a long disdainful pause was taken before being able to type this.

We are absolutely not saying the same thing. I am saying the orbs have and retain value(s) before you use them and that their value is expended when used. You are saying they gain their value when you use them. Those are different things, different positions, different times, with different implications.

Here's how this went:
You say "Fusings have no value" before "The moment you use them or trade them they gain".
Then you explain that they lose their value to you when you quit (like, no shit, nobody is even trying to discuss this).
Their loss of RagnarokChu-value is acknowledged but it is explained that the items still have value even when losing RagnarokChu-value. This isn't a discussion about RagnarokChu-value.
You suddenly start behaving as if you never said those underlined things then get upset because somehow, some way, you think we are of the same position ...?

Weird, right?

Maybe you will make more sense if you say 'retarded' and 'literally' some more.

Okay you still don't get it.

[Removed by Support] I still cannot comprehend that you are trying to tell me that I am saying orbs "have no value". They gain potential value to you yourself as a person when you use them within the game or economy. I did not say "they suddenly have economic value or are valuable when you use them".

Learn context, my entire post is the value of fusing to yourself, You are trying to put the discussion of orbs to the economy in general when my post was nothing else other then the value of fusings to yourself.

Since there is no debate on what I said because I wasn't having your discussion because I have making a blanket statement on the value of orbs to yourself. Like debating my post with a different discussion.
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Oct 16, 2014, 12:10:38 PM
OP:

Some people just take a break and come back to it slowly later.

If you're not this type, and just want to keep going, learn from the experience. Limit your losses in future e.g. gamble up to 500 fusings (for example), then pay for a 6L.

Start a new char is another option. Or wait for the new race season.
"
gtrans wrote:
Well, most of the "fun" part is when you get the $$$ flowing.

I work to get paid, but I play for fun and not wealth as reason in any case.
"
gtrans wrote:
Killing mobs mindlessly over hours and hours is for a reason.

This is 'reason' is called: the GAME. If you dont share this view, rethink ^^
"
gtrans wrote:
Other than that, this isn't a casual game. At least to my opinion, casual gamers will leave this game alone.

Why not? Is it really competetive? Not for me, even less as a "must". And if its not pure competition, then it IS (at least as partial possibility) casual. Try to imagine that not only the top-100 did have fun while playing (or doing whatever they do to climb that ranks) :D
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
You could just decorate your hideout a bit for a while.
"
PitzerMike wrote:
You could just decorate your hideout a bit for a while.

Yeah, with 7 different tilesets to lay your foundations on and the multitude of different decorations you can kill a heck of a lot of time just playing Path of Interior and Exterior Design. There's certainly plenty to experiment with until next league. If you're into that kind of thing, of course.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Okay you still don't get it.

You still cannot read, I still cannot comprehend that you are trying to tell me that I am saying orbs "have no value". They gain potential value to you yourself as a person when you use them within the game or economy. I did not say "they suddenly have economic value or are valuable when you use them".

Learn context, my entire post is the value of fusing to yourself, You are trying to put the discussion of orbs to the economy in general when my post was nothing else other then the value of fusings to yourself.

Since there is no debate on what I said because I wasn't having your discussion because I have making a blanket statement on the value of orbs to yourself. Like debating my post with a different discussion.

"You suddenly start behaving as if you never said those underlined things"

Well, I am sorry that I can't help you comprehend. They were your own words in plain english. You clearly state that their value is gained upon use and that their value is relative to the owners plans for them. I quoted and underlined and if that does not suffice then I don't know what else to do. Italics, I suppose, but I feel it would be futile.

The context is that [Removed by Support], you entered an ongoing discussion about the value of the orbs in general, not just to ones self.

Also, could you change your post up there? I don't like being quoted as saying the things that you are trying to say.
    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
              ͏   ͏͏ ৹ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ⋅𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲⋅ಊ⋅𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝⋅ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ৹
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Oct 16, 2014, 12:12:21 PM
So I read most of this topic (quite fun discussion), but what I seem to have missed is the following...

OP says he burned 70EX to 6 link an item... That's what? 4k+ fusings? Even when you do decide to gamble, why on earth not reserve 1500 fusings as a backup, and only gamble with about 2k fusings?

The lack of logic in this topic baffles me...
"
gtrans wrote:
(NOT A QQ THREAD, JUST ASKING FOR FEEDBACK)

Ok I just lost 70ex worth of currency trying to 6 link, that was everything that I had. I'm pissed and hell I regret trying that. But now my frustration makes me want to quit this game but there aren't any other games that I enjoy. How can look to the bright side of it and give it a second chance?

Whenever there's a question of probabilities you need to get the right mindset.
Stop focusing on result, just focus on what's right to do.

Vorici cost 1500 fus.
Chances of 6l while using fusings? 1/1000 if you trust some forum stats.
Even if forum stats are wrong, it was stated by the devs that vorici cost is more that what it should really cost.

So unless you can buy the item for less than 20 or 30ex depending on the fus/ex ratio in your league you did the right thing.

Should you have done it? Yes
Should you do it again? Yes
Should you continue to do it? Yes
The fact that you were quite unlucky (i count like at least 3k fuse) doesn't change the fact that odds are still in favor of self fusing.

As simple as this.

The only reason to stop gambling when the odds are in your favor are if losses would get you broke and unable to keep playing. That is never the case in poe as you can always keep grinding whatever the number of currencies in your stash.
Only exception would be if you'd made your wealth trading and need an certain amount of currencies to keep doing it.

There's really nothing else to do at some point you need that 6l and it requires a freaking sick grind. So either you don't enjoy the game enough and stop, or you find stuff to enjoy while grinding and keep going.

Imho the odds of 6l are really stupidly low and is totally a bad aspect of that game, but the game is still worth it.

1.5k fusing down the drain with no 6l for me, and I still won't do it differently! And a bunch of whetstones too, better get the best odds you can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info