How to keep on PLAYING?

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
gtrans wrote:
(NOT A QQ THREAD, JUST ASKING FOR FEEDBACK)

Ok I just lost 70ex worth of currency trying to 6 link, that was everything that I had. I'm pissed and hell I regret trying that. But now my frustration makes me want to quit this game but there aren't any other games that I enjoy. How can look to the bright side of it and give it a second chance?

You are comparing incomparables. I just dropped over 100 chaos orbs on a spree to try to get a good hammer and ended up with nothing. The value of those chaos was exactly 0. They were worth 0 sitting in my stash as well.

The only time they have value is when you get something for their use, either in trade or in application.

The fusings you used were worthless before you used them and worthless after you used them. You lost nothing.

If currency had no value, you wouldn't use them, you wouldn't even call it currency. Nor should it exist in the first place. Next time you want to make a point, make sure it makes sense.
"
gtrans wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
gtrans wrote:
(NOT A QQ THREAD, JUST ASKING FOR FEEDBACK)

Ok I just lost 70ex worth of currency trying to 6 link, that was everything that I had. I'm pissed and hell I regret trying that. But now my frustration makes me want to quit this game but there aren't any other games that I enjoy. How can look to the bright side of it and give it a second chance?

You are comparing incomparables. I just dropped over 100 chaos orbs on a spree to try to get a good hammer and ended up with nothing. The value of those chaos was exactly 0. They were worth 0 sitting in my stash as well.

The only time they have value is when you get something for their use, either in trade or in application.

The fusings you used were worthless before you used them and worthless after you used them. You lost nothing.

If currency had no value, you wouldn't use them, you wouldn't even call it currency. Nor should it exist in the first place. Next time you want to make a point, make sure it makes sense.

Currency has an ephemeral value. Unless you trade it for goods, it is worth nothing. Shags is a self found player, so the currency was only a tool for him. Sitting in his stash, it had infinite potential, but zero realized worth. After use, it turned out to have zero worth. Unless you were going to trade your fusings for goods, the same applies to your currency.
So if I trade something it has value, and if I don't it doesn't? Did I not trade those fusings?
Last edited by gtrans on Oct 15, 2014, 4:10:18 PM
"
gtrans wrote:

Well, most of the "fun" part is when you get the $$$ flowing.

Sounds like you should just trade/flip then. Flipping is far more profitable than playing and you never have to leave town!
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
gtrans wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
Start on a new league?
Play self-found?

Both viable options. The less you care about the financial part of it, the more fun it is.

Well, most of the "fun" part is when you get the $$$ flowing. Killing mobs mindlessly over hours and hours is for a reason. Other than that, this isn't a casual game. At least to my opinion, casual gamers will leave this game alone.

Biggest nonsense ever. The best thng about PoE is that everyone can play it, if you can set your own goals. I've never had more than like 6ex worth of currency and having more fun than ever. I agree seeing the currency flow is fun but of that's the only fun you have it might be a problem with you and not with the game. I agree I have never seen a 6L, is the game less fun for me? No because I don't set 'having a 6L' as my main goal, it might become a goal in long term but because I really don't like trading too much it will not happen soon.
"
gtrans wrote:
So if I trade something it has value, and if I don't it doesn't? Did I not trade those fusings?

Think of orbs as paper money. The value is derived from the markets perceptions. This is why currency buying power changes over time and money from different countries has variable exchange rates. Money has potential buying power. If you buy goods and services, the money has real value. If you take the money to Monte Carlo and gamble it all away, well...what was the value. There is a difference between potential and real.
"
Vyvanne wrote:
Delete char, remake under the same name, play another build. Easy peasy.
I did this for a while until it was almost like the character name was cursed. I would end up dying on it earlier and earlier till the point I make the character and spawn to a "You have died" before I even stand up..

"
solwitch wrote:
This is appropriate.
"
"
Vyvanne wrote:
Delete char, remake under the same name, play another build. Easy peasy.
I did this for a while until it was almost like the character name was cursed. I would end up dying on it earlier and earlier till the point I make the character and spawn to a "You have died" before I even stand up..

Haha, I know the feeling.

I'm just super attached to my character names and insist on reusing them and having a specific name.

Also I just realized I completely forgot the name I was using for my secondary char which I really really liked but have no clue what it is.

Dammit, this is going to bug me.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
well imho anyone trying to 6l something must be truly insane or at the very least a gambling addict. unless its a super rare or good item like shav's its simply not worth it because it is easier AND cheaper to buy one from poe.trade.

Idk really I would just take a break from the game in your place, but if you knew the risks and how you would feel if you didnt get a 6l, why the hell did you do it ? the chances are quite prominent that you wont get the desired result from that exercise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info