How to keep on PLAYING?

Find another game to play in the mean time, you'll be drawn back in.

I barely made ~10% in the past couple of weeks towards 100. I feel ya.

Game is boooooooooooooooooooring atm.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You are comparing incomparables. I just dropped over 100 chaos orbs on a spree to try to get a good hammer and ended up with nothing. The value of those chaos was exactly 0. They were worth 0 sitting in my stash as well.

The only time they have value is when you get something for their use, either in trade or in application.

The fusings you used were worthless before you used them and worthless after you used them. You lost nothing.

For fucks sake, you honestly believe this?

Those chaos' had plenty of value while they were sitting in your stash. They had exchange value. They had use value. The only time a chaos orb is value-less is after you have expended its use value and it no longer exists. You can, through RMT (which is against the rules obviously), use chaos orbs to put real food in your real mouth, even without blowing them on a hammer. I'd call that value.

@OP: try just one more fuse!
    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
              ͏   ͏͏ ৹ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ⋅𝐆𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲⋅ಊ⋅𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝⋅ಊ৹⎊۝⎊৹ಊ৹
Last edited by Dreggz on Oct 15, 2014, 5:39:58 PM
"
FarmerTed wrote:
"
gtrans wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

You are comparing incomparables. I just dropped over 100 chaos orbs on a spree to try to get a good hammer and ended up with nothing. The value of those chaos was exactly 0. They were worth 0 sitting in my stash as well.

The only time they have value is when you get something for their use, either in trade or in application.

The fusings you used were worthless before you used them and worthless after you used them. You lost nothing.

If currency had no value, you wouldn't use them, you wouldn't even call it currency. Nor should it exist in the first place. Next time you want to make a point, make sure it makes sense.

Currency has an ephemeral value. Unless you trade it for goods, it is worth nothing. Shags is a self found player, so the currency was only a tool for him. Sitting in his stash, it had infinite potential, but zero realized worth. After use, it turned out to have zero worth. Unless you were going to trade your fusings for goods, the same applies to your currency.

Thanks for trying. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Oct 16, 2014, 12:18:04 PM
"
Dreggz wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Those chaos' had plenty of value while they were sitting in your stash. They had exchange value. They had use value. The only time a chaos orb is value-less is after you have expended its use value and it no longer exists. You can, through RMT (which is against the rules obviously), use chaos orbs to put real food in your real mouth, even without blowing them on a hammer. I'd call that value.

They had an "exchange value" of zero... because I wasn't exchanging them.
They had zero "use value" because I wasn't using them.
You don't understand "value".
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Dreggz wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

They had an "exchange value" of zero... because I wasn't exchanging them.
They had zero "use value" because I wasn't using them.
You don't understand "value".

They had no price because you weren't exchanging them.

They did have exchange value. If something has the ability to be exchanged then that is derived solely from it's value. People do not trade in value-less things.

They did have use value. This is why you were able to use them.
    ☭ ᵀʰᵉ ᵍᵉᵐᵐᵉᵈ ᵍᵉᶰᵗᵉᵉᶫ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶰ ᶦᶰᶠᵉˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ⋅ ᵀʰᵉʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᴹᵒᶰᵏᵉʸ ᴷᶦᶰᵍ'ˢ ᶠᶫᵉᵃˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵈʳᶦᶰᵏ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᶦᶠᵉᵇᶫᵒᵒᵈ⋅ ᶜʳᵘˢʰ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᶦᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʷᵒʳᵏ⁻ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵈ ʰᵃᶰᵈˢ﹗  ☭
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
FarmerTed wrote:
[...stuff...]
Currency has an ephemeral value. Unless you trade it for goods, it is worth nothing. Shags is a self found player, so the currency was only a tool for him. Sitting in his stash, it had infinite potential, but zero realized worth. After use, it turned out to have zero worth. Unless you were going to trade your fusings for goods, the same applies to your currency.

Thanks for trying. I gave up trying to explain stuff like this to idiots on the internet a long time ago. It doesn't help.

:( I suppose you are right.
"
FarmerTed wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
FarmerTed wrote:
[...stuff...]

Thanks for trying. I gave up trying to explain stuff like this to idiots on the internet a long time ago. It doesn't help.

:( I suppose you are right.

This potential is the source of it's value.
Given the concept of currency value some of you geniuses are utilizing, would you mind it if I came over to your house and just took whatever money was lying around?

Based on your statements it has no value, as it is not being exchanged, it is not being used, and therefore it is meaningless.

PM your address, I will be over tonight.

Seriously…reading some of these threads makes me wonder if only High School drop outs or C- Community College kids play this game…
"
IceHawk181 wrote:
Given the concept of currency value some of you geniuses are utilizing, would you mind it if I came over to your house and just took whatever money was lying around?

Based on your statements it has no value, as it is not being exchanged, it is not being used, and therefore it is meaningless.

PM your address, I will be over tonight.

Seriously…reading some of these threads makes me wonder if only High School drop outs or C- Community College kids play this game…

:D teehee

Hey now, most high school dropouts understand the concept of value just fine.
Last edited by Dreggz on Oct 15, 2014, 6:12:37 PM
It takes quite a few courses for a college student to understand what "value" means. I'm not going to try to teach it here. You're confusing it with other characteristics like utility and potential, and perceived value.

Normal.

But you're still confused by it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info