Explosive Arrow Witch for HC leagues. 8900+ HP Pool, AA, Instant Healing, Burn the whole screen

with the dual curse tree you linked, you get 5% chance to ignite, with 23% quality EA you get 23% chance to ignite, flammability gives you 14% chance, all together that makes 42% chance

Are you really playing this build with just 42% (39% without corrupted EA) chance to ignite? Is that enough? I'd imagine dps'ing single target mobs can get pretty damn annoying if you run into a string of bad luck. I only bring this up because my flameblaster had 50% chance to ignite without flammability, and I still thought it was too low for small groups of mobs

There is still 15% chance to ignite left to get on the tree, but you'd have to get to a pretty high level to access them while still maintaining dual curse.

Its a very interesting take on EA, not going crit and using mana, I might remake into it next league, I always enjoyed using EA
"
How exactly do you survive reflect with 75% fire res?

You deal enough damage to kill yourself with just one explosion, with VP or without

I played EA build around a year ago but dropped it at lvl 85 or so because hitting a reflect pack was 100% rip erasing all progress.

Reflect is 14% now for uniques. Barbarism also provides 76% fire res. You leech 3.232% of dmg dealth instantly, you take 24% of 14% (3.36%) however this damage taken is split between remaining mana and life when using COD/MOM. Only 60% of that 3.36% is removed from life if your mana pool was sufficient to absorb the rest. This is much less than you heal back to life. Additionally, a high level (22) AA reduces this further. VP interacts with reflect per monster. Even without mana, AA would save the day.

Make sense? Absorb reflect across both life and mana, instantly heal life, healing outstrips damage for your life pool.
@BeerPact
"
GreatMalek wrote:
with the dual curse tree you linked, you get 5% chance to ignite, with 23% quality EA you get 23% chance to ignite, flammability gives you 14% chance, all together that makes 42% chance

Are you really playing this build with just 42% (39% without corrupted EA) chance to ignite? Is that enough? I'd imagine dps'ing single target mobs can get pretty damn annoying if you run into a string of bad luck. I only bring this up because my flameblaster had 50% chance to ignite without flammability, and I still thought it was too low for small groups of mobs

There is still 15% chance to ignite left to get on the tree, but you'd have to get to a pretty high level to access them while still maintaining dual curse.

Its a very interesting take on EA, not going crit and using mana, I might remake into it next league, I always enjoyed using EA

No, you're ignoring ignite on gear and + curse effect. You also missed the 5% node in shadow tree.

As of now i am level 94 and specced into Breath of Flame again, run 71% iirc. Swap cti gem for > 100% chance to ignite bosses.
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Oct 29, 2014, 11:37:04 PM
I forgot to add the chance to ignite from pyre ring, but I didn't miss anything from flammability or the passive tree. this tree you provided for lv 93 dual curse

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcHHgdjCPQMfQ5IEH8RlhJpFm8WvxccGGoaOBpsJKomlSftKPoqOCqNLR81kjbYNuk6WDrhPV9Bh0V8RZ1JG0lRTLNN41JTU1JVS1XGVytYB1nzXfJfKmHiZp5qQ2wWbRlxeXKpeC982Xzlf8aCHoLHg9uHGYw2j0aQVZUglS6XlZeXl_SYrZrgm6GdY52uoqOksaZXpwinhKlurJisqrQ4tfK3PriTvOq9gsAawFTB88aey73Yvdrd2wvfiuNq5RnljukC6-Tr7uxV8NXxbPJF99f56PrS-_X8S_4K_o_-sw==

only has 5% from the passives, I didn't miss anything since i used the offline passive tree to read your stats, you get 10% from your ring, that still puts you at 52% using flammability and 23% EA. I'm assuming you want people to aim for this passive tree since it uses 2 curses, over the other one with an added 10% ignite chance since the last step of your progression states use your second 6link for dual curses
Last edited by GreatMalek on Oct 30, 2014, 11:06:21 AM
"
GreatMalek wrote:
I forgot to add the chance to ignite from pyre ring, but I didn't miss anything from flammability or the passive tree. this tree you provided for lv 93 dual curse

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcHHgdjCPQMfQ5IEH8RlhJpFm8WvxccGGoaOBpsJKomlSftKPoqOCqNLR81kjbYNuk6WDrhPV9Bh0V8RZ1JG0lRTLNN41JTU1JVS1XGVytYB1nzXfJfKmHiZp5qQ2wWbRlxeXKpeC982Xzlf8aCHoLHg9uHGYw2j0aQVZUglS6XlZeXl_SYrZrgm6GdY52uoqOksaZXpwinhKlurJisqrQ4tfK3PriTvOq9gsAawFTB88aey73Yvdrd2wvfiuNq5RnljukC6-Tr7uxV8NXxbPJF99f56PrS-_X8S_4K_o_-sw==

only has 5% from the passives, I didn't miss anything since i used the offline passive tree to read your stats, you get 10% from your ring, that still puts you at 52% using flammability and 23% EA. I'm assuming you want people to aim for this passive tree since it uses 2 curses, over the other one with an added 10% ignite chance since the last step of your progression states use your second 6link for dual curses

Mokou's ring.

But you're right, I just checked those trees I linked and they both omit the ignite chance in holy fire. Yes also, dual curses is so strong it should be the goal. Maybe even before 6L for EA... destroying resists is just so strong.

FWIW here's the tree I use today (level 94).

I ended up going with Breath of Flames and dropping 5% ignite chance node, 5% life node, the first shadow ele damage node, and a 30 dex node (which I no longer needed due to an amulet upgrade.)

Breath of Flames provides instead: +10% ignite chance, 20% fire damage, and 40% burn duration. The shadow start node is a big one, but I think overall the tradeoff is OK. I'm getting close to level 95 so will pick that shadow (16% ele) node up again then.

I'll have to add/change a few things to orig post, e.g., how useful burn duration is (because it extends how long bodies prolif on the ground), and how much better ice shot+chain is than pretty much any other combo for Curses/LGOH.

Just a note on ignite chance in general though... if you have an extra arrow you half your chance of not-igniting, and considering ignite chance is evaluated independently for each monster hit by EA's explosion, even a ~30-40% ignite chance ends up igniting very often.

As an example, with 30% ignite chance a group of 8 monsters w/ two (+1 arrow) EAs in them will have a 97.2% chance of igniting at least one of them. Keep in mind that having 26% curse effect on top of 20/20 Flammability provides +17% chance to ignite as well.
@BeerPact
thank you for the help! I'm seriously considering making an EA character but the league is so close to finishing, I might just hold it off for next league. You helped clear all the questions I had with the build

Never considered having the extra arrow, 30% chance to ignite becomes 51% with it, it's pretty nice
Thanks to Tigraugre46 for my beta key!
Last edited by Diggory on Dec 4, 2014, 10:06:58 PM
"
Diggory wrote:

Missed quick recovery, inner force, dual curse, and no need for Aura effect/reservation reduction; you only run clarity with this build (inner force helps it a LOT for 3 points. No other aura effect cluster compares well.)

We were talking about this in 1.3 yesterday and think it will be stronger to stick to the left of the tree and drop the entire shadow section.

Something like this.

I'm not sure if 160% mana regen will be enough. Perhaps it will if you have some regen on gear. This does get 25% reduced mana cost though, which is really nice. The life is a bit lower than 1.2, also.

It will be interesting to see if Celestial Punishment automatically increases burning damage (it's burning, so it takes more damage... from burning..) if so then it is an enormous, enormous node for the build.

Otherwise 1.3 will have more damage, more pen, more chance to ignite, much more AOE... should be pretty insane!

(BTW you dont really need a lot of Dex on the tree as it's not too hard to get a lot of dex from gear. BIS Weapon and Quiver (both of which are cheap) have good dex on them.)
@BeerPact
Hey, isn't Barbarism (+1 fire res) important?

I never used EA before, without VP in hardcore is a suicide? Is VP a MUST?
What are your thoughts on the nerfs to CoD and AA in the new patch notes?
Thanks to Tigraugre46 for my beta key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info