Explosive Arrow Witch for HC leagues. 8900+ HP Pool, AA, Instant Healing, Burn the whole screen

"
Amongalen wrote:
"
muir wrote:

Thats not an apples to apples comparison. If you use empower you need to drop a gem, and if this gem is LL you're literally playing with fire.

The comparison of note would be 21 EA and Level 4 empower in quill rain vs +3 bow. In the end, you will find the APS of quill more than compensates for the difference in base damage as quill will be near twice as fast, vs a 20-30% increase in base dmg for +3 bow.

I was talking about taking empower instead of inc aoe.

Lets compare 21 EA and Level 4 empower in quill rain vs +3 bow then. Its 24lvl in quill vs 28lvl in +3 bow.
Its avg 1025dmg vs 1594dmg, over 50% dmg increase. Other gems get +1 lvl as well but its not worth counting it.
As for attack speed quill has 3 aps and bow 1.74 (the one posted earlier). Yes, its almost 2 times more. However, if u use +3bow for first stack only and then swap into quill it works much better. Applying 5 stacks with quill takes 1.7s while +3bow combined with quill is about 1.9s. Not so big difference, about 12% in favor of quill.

Sorry but weapon swapping is terribly unreliable and slow. Try it yourself, I'll never recommend it. You will end up adding so much time to the whole process and will forget which one is which almost immediately.

Even if the damage was theoretically equal, speed is always prefered. I'd probably piss my pants with laughter watching someone try to 5 stack palace dom or magaera with a thicket bow.
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Jan 7, 2015, 8:15:01 AM
does LMP/GMP shotgun on single target? or is it only useful on a pack of mobs(stacking multiple arrow across the board)? Also, for tougher content, how would you sustain from EA? life leech like the usual other builds?
Last edited by KingKendrick on Jan 11, 2015, 12:56:30 PM

tried atzri and reached atzri but died to doubleblast .sadly tp was not there
vaal was normal and i killed 1 mistake by early .the turbo mode was pretty fking insane(ball lightning with chain is insane).1 death .it lasted about 10min
trio was the fking hardest .killed titty boss and then cyclone and the last duelistrike .it lasted for 20mins .died 4times . the cheat became useless since my running speed drained mana more due to inner force arctic armor . omg the last 10 mins was the intense ,the whole area almost became black tar affected area .i killed the dualstriker with gmp setup alone ,i was afraid to face him since my mana was always low .

need more practice i think.i am trying to buy some mana regen jewels and if i am still unable to use AA .i will spec out of it .anyhow doing 71 easily with gmp setup alone and i am not even trying to proliferate anything and not even stacking .more than 71 maps not dropping(sucks when no high lvl maps drop)
"
does LMP/GMP shotgun on single target? or is it only useful on a pack of mobs(stacking multiple arrow across the board)? Also, for tougher content, how would you sustain from EA? life leech like the usual other builds?

Covered in the OP. EA cannot shotgun. I do not recommend LMP or GMP, especially since +1 quiver is not too hard to obtain.
@BeerPact
Marked.
Do you htink you will run around with MoM and quill rain until lvl 100? Becouse I was dreaming about what would it be to use a +3gem bow and a Kaom's Heart!
"
Thez558 wrote:
Do you htink you will run around with MoM and quill rain until lvl 100? Becouse I was dreaming about what would it be to use a +3gem bow and a Kaom's Heart!

Kaoms is not that great. Sockets are too powerful. Double or triple curse whole screen instantly is what makes this build outperform Flameblast at end game levels.

+3 bow is exchanging speed for damage, the tradeoff is not favourable and starts to become a huge reflect problem. I'd rather be twice as fast and never worry about reflect. The only scenario +3 is better is softcore large parties where you're the carry.
@BeerPact
Is there a good way to make this viable with IR and grace?
So far the build is pretty difficult because I do not have much life yet and hardly any defenses.
"
jeff1400 wrote:
Is there a good way to make this viable with IR and grace?
So far the build is pretty difficult because I do not have much life yet and hardly any defenses.

I'm leveling this as my 2nd proper character in Torment, and am considering defences as well. Does enough come from AA and MoM?
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
Say I have one 5L.....CoD.

Do I go 4L EA and 5L Double Curse?

Or 5L EA and 4L double curse using RoA?
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info