Explosive Arrow Witch for HC leagues. 8900+ HP Pool, AA, Instant Healing, Burn the whole screen

"
ElPuppet wrote:
Say I have one 5L.....CoD.

Do I go 4L EA and 5L Double Curse?

Or 5L EA and 4L double curse using RoA?

Try both! Colours are fairly similar.

Personally i am not a fan of roa, id rather use ice shot chain. Especially with +1 arrow quiver.

Definitely dual curses before conc though. Curses are immense and stacking ele weak on flam on EE starts to add up tremendously. Conc also makes your EA substantially more expensive so its ok to defer that upgrade for later.

By the way, Rime Gaze is an interesting 5L option for softcore leagues... no life but has conc. You could even do something crazy like dual 5 link QUAD curse by moving EA to your helm.
@BeerPact
Playing a 2h cycloner now but I think I'll give this build a whirl if I die on BL. I found a perfectly rolled Mokou's and I remembered seeing it in this thread. Seems very fun and an interesting way to play. Thanks for the build.

I'd imagine you'd run auras before swapping to CoD. How squishy do you feel before having MoM? I saw you just get one shot on that map, though those map mods are pretty nasty.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"
Vyvanne wrote:
Playing a 2h cycloner now but I think I'll give this build a whirl if I die on BL. I found a perfectly rolled Mokou's and I remembered seeing it in this thread. Seems very fun and an interesting way to play. Thanks for the build.

I'd imagine you'd run auras before swapping to CoD. How squishy do you feel before having MoM? I saw you just get one shot on that map, though those map mods are pretty nasty.

Cloak of Flame with purity of fire is an excellent alternative. It is usable early, solves early game ignite chance problems, and synergizes very well with POF and AA. You can easily achieve the full face value of physical dmg mitigation unless the damage level is extreme. Essentially AA double dips. You can run another (3rd) aura also such as grace or another purity for defensive purposes.
@BeerPact
Oh right, i completely forgot about Cloak of Flame. Sweet, I'll give that a go.

Any particular reason you went straight to EB on your scion, instead of going through some of the witch nodes?
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
14 corrupted quivers so far, no +1 arrows :(

Nobody on BL is selling one either.

EDit - 29 quivers so far lol. No arrows.
Last edited by Vyvanne on Jan 25, 2015, 3:43:36 PM
Hey there,

after reading through the posts, I got some questions. Given one plays in a HC league (e.g. Bloodlines) and one obtains the first 5l item, would you still say its better to go dual curse? I've seen you used in your bloodline gear a tabula for the EA and not for dual cursing. And in your initial post you said one should start dual cursing when one gets his second 6l (which I will doubtly ever have... don't even believe in one right now).
I thought about starting to curse on hit with RoA because I want to use LgoH and without the additional arrow on the quiver (which is actually hard to get, as one can see from the post above mine) I feel that Ice shot needs chain/gmp/lmp to reliably curse packs of mobs. I want to use ice shot for cursing sooner or later, but I feel I need a 5l to do that. Which leads to the conclusion, that with only one 5l I could either go RoA with dual curse, EA with conc or EA in 4l and iceshot in 5l with one curse. Any thoughts on that?

I have thought about an alternative for CoD as it is really expensive. I get the point with cloak of flames, as the 20% fire to physical mitigation seems a good way to mitigate dmg. But what about a carcass jack as an alternative? It has EV and ES, life, resis and increases AOE and AOE dmg. Seems like good piece for EA to me. Cloak of flame has only small amount of ES and no life. Would you still set the value of Cloak of flame for this build higher than e.g. Carcass jack?

I also have problems following why you say that you do not recommend using lmp/gmp. In your initial post you stated that as a suggestion for the second EA setup and I feel it is much easier to get the stacks on the main target since I use lmp in my second setup. Was this statement referred to having the additional arrow on your quiver?

sorry for the long post, but thinking about this build raised alot of questions. It's not as easy of an build as I first thought. Nevertheless I like the idea of this build and enjoy playing it so far. Thankd for you guide!
IGN: Myralah (Rampage)
With my first 5L on BL I added life gain on hit to my curse on hit setup. Dual curse would be added once you hit the second 6L, with your second 5L and then first 6L going to your EA setup.

Life gain on hit adds a HUGE amount of instant life which is essential for survival in general, and we're not even talking about reflect.

I swapped from GMP/Tornado to Ice Shot/Chain once I got Elemental Equilibrium and was very pleasantly surprised at how well you can still curse everything. Even without +1 arrows, it's still very effective.

Carcass Jack or other armors would be effective as well, it's up to you. You can go with the Lightning Coil build if you have good lightning res on gear.

So yeah.. the nicebuild website stopped working ( at least for me ) any chance we can get bandits, passive trees, and maybe a whole copy paste of the build in here :P?
"
Patoued wrote:
So yeah.. the nicebuild website stopped working ( at least for me ) any chance we can get bandits, passive trees, and maybe a whole copy paste of the build in here :P?

Yes. I second that. Leaving a copy of your build here would be really helpful.
I'm confused about the function of LMP on curse setup

Your guide says LMP can help stack EA faster but only 1 arrow can hit a target per attack, so what's the point?

Same question about +1 arrow, other than spreading curse better, does it have any benefit?
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Mar 1, 2015, 2:35:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info