1.3 Life Based "Shatter Chuck Lite" Barrage - CoC build (updated the tree)

Great thanks! I'll see how many nodes i have to drop to go that low, or if i have a wand thats slower with similar stats to my imbued. Hmm just dropped a lot of as nodes and im sitting at 2.3 APS (i dont want to drop other AS nodes as they add to either crit or accuracy, hope this will do. (im wearing rats nest and maligros hence the speed)

"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
pitbull2k wrote:
Hmm i did not know that the attack speed was an issue with this build, with nodes and some AS on gear i went over 2.8 aps with only 1.5 wand. Do you think i should drop as many nodes as i can to go below 2.3?

If you drop to 2.2 aps you will definitely increase your dps. The 50ms cooldown is broken somewhere between 2.3 and 2.4 aps. So it's safest to just stick to 2.2 aps to be sure.

At 2.8 aps you have max 4 cast on crits per barrage. If you drop to 2.2 aps you will have max 8 cast on crits per barrage.

This will be roughly a 30% dps increase for you. 50% more possible crits but each barrage will take about 20% longer. Hence 30% gain.
Last edited by pitbull2k on Jan 20, 2015, 10:45:22 AM
I tried 2 Arc gems and I didn't notice any difference at all in clear speed compared to just 1 arc gem and the 2nd slot empty. But when I did two Ice spear I saw it was shooting twice as many. Is Arc just messed up, or doesn't proc well with double gems maybe?

And has anybody tried Fireball + Firestorm as their skill combo? I don't have either right now, but they both seem pretty strong.
Last edited by VixTrader on Jan 21, 2015, 2:19:40 PM
"
VixTrader wrote:
I tried 2 Arc gems and I didn't notice any difference at all in clear speed compared to just 1 arc gem and the 2nd slot empty. But when I did two Ice spear I saw it was shooting twice as many. Is Arc just messed up, or doesn't proc well with double gems maybe?

And has anybody tried Fireball + Firestorm as their skill combo? I don't have either right now, but they both seem pretty strong.

IIRC, I remember there is a cooldown for COC proc which is applied to all gems of the same name in the links so 2 arc can only be procced 8 times max, as opposed to 16 times for 2 different spells.

I've tried arc + firestorm when I haven't 5L my voll and the clear speed is pretty ok for a 4L. I can still faceroll merciless contents, except certain high life mobs or boss which I found the firestorm delays not very good, unless you can bear trap the targets, same problem with stationary spells like stormcalls.

With 5L, you will definitely need something like Fire Penetration to boost dps. GMP + projectile spells are awesome for this build, anyway.

Other combos are fun and acceptable but you can't expect sky-high dps.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Jan 22, 2015, 2:55:11 AM
I went ahead and bought 20/20 firestorms and fireballs just to try it out, and I gotta say it's definitely the best single target killer there is. It absolutely shreds bosses, way faster than any other combo. The problem is, for general mapping, firestorm has such massive effects that it's sometimes hard to see the monsters. It's kind of annoying to play with, despite how good it is damage and AOE wise.

So now i've tried all combos and here's my opinion on em:

Best mapping set up: Arc + Ice Spear

Best single target killer: Fireball + Firestorm

Best corridor and dungeon style map combo: Arc + Discharge

Most fun: Arctic Breath + Ball Lightning

Too bad ball lightning isn't stronger. I just love the way it looks. I'm considering trying to roll my Volls to G G G B B B, and use Arc + Ball Lightning + Lightning Penetration :)

Last edited by VixTrader on Jan 22, 2015, 2:25:51 PM
Welp, with regards to ball lightning, I watched mathil stream a 4L ball lightning, no bleed flask, not fire resist flask deathless atziri run on his Bl guy, so it's definitely not weak when well played :D

Firestorm I agree. Until GGG fixes their spell particles, firestorm is super annoying. Not only does the fire rain make the screen hard to see, but the patches of fire it leaves also are irritating. Kind of like Mjolnir, but at least you can still move and not get <10fps ! :P

I'm atm wondering how this might work with CoC+Barrage+Discharge+increased AoE. Anyone with a guy that could test out this combo?
Ball Lightning kind of needs spell echo + support gems to be good, so it seems it's much better for self cast. Although I love the skill, how it looks and procs, it is pretty weak in a CoC set up compared to the other options.

I've tested discharge both with another skill like arc, as well as on it's own with increased area / conc effect and a volls amulet.

I find it quite useful on annoying maps when you get surrounded by monsters from random directions. It speeds up clear speed quite a bit because you can just blast the screen and move on. But on linear maps where the monsters are grouped up and in front of you, it slows down clear speed. Most of the time not needed, but a useful gem to keep in stash for some maps.

Also, discharge is useful because this character is just about the weakest most vulnerable squishy character there is. No armor, no evasion, no dodge, no ondars, no spell block, no energy shield, and low life to boot. It's seriously weak. Discharge allows at least some close quarter defenses if you get surrounded.

As for discharge as a stand alone skill, it's very strong, but to be honest I don't find it any better than a cheap old Cyclone / Discharger, or Mjolner discharger, so I didn't see the point.
Last edited by VixTrader on Jan 23, 2015, 5:43:41 AM
Ehi would like to try this build and got this gear from my actual discharger( can't stand cyclone)

-What wand it's better?
-Using acuity it's tree changing?
-Got a Scion at 92 and a witch at 86...worth start as scion or witch is better even with 6 less levels?
helo this build sounds realy nice for me and i am consider to make it but i need some answer befor, since it will be my first coc build so 1 i got witch 90 lvl i can respect her but what points drop ? and aboue wand most important its crit chance/ multi befor spel dmg there ?? dose void bathery wil be good ?
and what lvl required to kil uber with this build ?
Some level breakdowns would be helpfull, Im not really sure what pick first while leveling.
DO NOT TRY THIS BUILD IF U ARE NEW PALYER!Even the early build is impossible if u run on normal item drops or quest rewards!Its a build u try on ur 4-5-6 char!Hard on cruel and impossible to play on merciless!Simple reason u dont have items!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info