[Beyond] K19's CI Crit Ice Spear - Perma Freeze Bosses (10k+ ES)

Hi K19,
it is me again, thank you for your reply. I noticed that your opinion is that we dont need a dream f to anti freeze. If I am not a very careful player and I wanted that function, what unique should I use? Dream, Alph or wanderlust?

If we use alpha', we can run clarity which could solve the mana problem.

Looking for your comment.
Thanks
"
Rich85 wrote:
I'm almost done my version of your build, going a bit different though (still CI), less ES but more block/spell block and evasion, when the build is complete I will post my gear and tree (considering the build done at 80, in 69 now).

I use dream fragments and eye though, I play pretty recklessly though, it's fun to run into a pack and start blasting away :)

Also the freeze is great, most bosses are a joke with ice spear, for example in Museum I can kill every boss offscreen almost immediately after entering the boss chamber

I was considering the block/spell block side of the build - my view is that when I get a rumi's (1-2 days) Its pointless getting any other block nodes when with the flask nodes a rumi's takes you to 75% block and around 20% spell block (or around 60% if you weapon switch to saffel's/rathpith)

Being a big fan off Cast When Stunned, Eye of chayula comepletely stops this from working - and from my point of view that getting stunned isn't really an issue, I do have to say that I am quite a careful player so its not really required for my play style.

Getting frozen once again for me is a non issues, I can't remember a time in the last week where I've been frozen and had to log out/it was dangerous. I believe this is for two reasons, the new HP buff ( 12 per level) and the fact I have ~ 30% increased life on the tree from Hybrid nodes. This means that without CI I have around 2k life (which is what your freeze duration is based off) and that is enough to not get frozen by the smaller cold damage hits, and the big ones will freeze you even if you were life based. once again this is where being a careful player allows you to get away without using these items.
IGN - Kinespear
"
CNwhitenight wrote:
Hi K19,
it is me again, thank you for your reply. I noticed that your opinion is that we dont need a dream f to anti freeze. If I am not a very careful player and I wanted that function, what unique should I use? Dream, Alph or wanderlust?

If we use alpha', we can run clarity which could solve the mana problem.

Looking for your comment.
Thanks

If you read the comment before there is some explanation why I don't use DF. If you really want to use it I'd use a Dream fragments, as the mana regen/max mana from it is really nice. Alphas is nice because it will boost your damage from Herald of Ice and ES from Discipline (a bit) But you will lose around 1500 ES from your helm and resists Whilst a ring you will lose 150 (or 400ish if you have crafted %ES on it)
IGN - Kinespear
Looking into getting a Berek's Grip ring. Will test and report back in here.
IGN - Kinespear
if anyone has a berek's grip they can sell me for testing (or lend) that would be amazing :((((
IGN - Kinespear

HYPEEE herald of thunder better not disappoint

Also, uploading a full 77 shrine clear with Boss freeze.
IGN - Kinespear
Have you tried swapping pierce for prolif? With the projectile piercing from the shadow one could easily reach 100% pierce. Thus the second form of ice spear keeps it crit chance after hitting which increases overall damage and freezing packs should still be possible. What do you think?
"
TheloniusMonk wrote:
Have you tried swapping pierce for prolif? With the projectile piercing from the shadow one could easily reach 100% pierce. Thus the second form of ice spear keeps it crit chance after hitting which increases overall damage and freezing packs should still be possible. What do you think?

I've definitely considered it, but I believe it then becomes a problem of not being able to control what you are hitting, ice spear fires so far that hitting huge reflect packs off screen is very dangerous as you can't see it to use sapphire flask.

Ill maybe test it a bit more in future though, it would also mean I swap in added cold for pierce when it comes to single target boss.

thanks for the input!
IGN - Kinespear
Also, Full shrine clear + boss has been uploaded.
IGN - Kinespear
21k gmp now, will put new tooltips up soon
IGN - Kinespear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info