crit 2h sword build review

Damn, that's a really nice amulet. What's more, every single stat is useful and required in the build, even the crappy base.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
What do you think of this build?
Click me (lvl90 with oak/kraytin/oak)
Evasion, Acro, Ondar's... and shadow zone's imba health nodes. ;)
Would probably have to go Cleave with this tree, as there's not too much mana stuff involved... ;)

It's been a while since I played an evasion build... do I really need %evasion on the tree?

Since I just found...

...I could run Grace, Herald and Hatred and still have a bit of mana pool (94% reserved)...

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
What do you think of this build?
Click me (lvl90 with oak/kraytin/oak)
Evasion, Acro, Ondar's... and shadow zone's imba health nodes. ;)
Would probably have to go Cleave with this tree, as there's not too much mana stuff involved... ;)

It's been a while since I played an evasion build... do I really need %evasion on the tree?

Since I just found...

...I could run Grace, Herald and Hatred and still have a bit of mana pool (94% reserved)...

imo there's better helm options than howl for melee builds, particularly crit melee builds
twitch.tv/jfpforever
Yes, you're probably right...

Reworked (dropped templar zone):
Level 90

Ondar's, Acro, +1max cold/fire, enough life
200% damage, about 35% crit chance

---

I just swapped to Cyclone for the lolz, I can currently only run Hatred+lvl4 clarity as I only have 400 mana, but this will change... ;)

27k tooltip DpS, whatever that number is supposed to mean... ;)

I can kill pretty quickly in the 68-70 maps I'm currently playing, but Cyclone is an awkward skill... Will have to practice for a while.

Current tree (71)
Next 4 levels will be: Acro, reduced mana/%mana, then I'll go for Phase Acrobatics.
Up until then I hope my gems are 20 and I get another 15% reduction on conc effect.

Gear (except for the amulet, nothing feels final):
Spoiler

My tree:

Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAAhEDJwPuBS0GIAaiBu4Q8BK8EuEUUhUgFvkX3Bo4Hb4j9iftKk0s6S3SMHwxsDOHNZI62DwtPydE0kd-Sn1KyE2STipW-lh1WW1Z81oaW69fmGBLYSFlTWegapNsFm5pbqp0oHTtd9d673z1fyuE2YTvhxmHaod2iDiKIo19kAqQVZBsl3CZK52Ko-enhKmUrKqvorXytkG3Pr2BvqfAD8AawKbA88QVxLjE9sauy_XPMtJN1FLV7dX42L3cvd0N5w_sOPJa_Ev8xf4K

150% life
290% damage
90% increased skill effect duration

ok. just reworked my merciless bandit option to pick up a 6th endurance charge (i had frenzy).

uptime on IC is now 11+ s.

a friend of mine suggested vaal grace.

really, really helpful for a 2H build. with the increased duration nodes in the tree and a link to increased duration gem i've got 15s of uptime on it. bosses that could be a real pain, temple piety for example, are definitely easier.

4k life is not enough for melee. i've got 300 on gear and could maybe get a 100-150 more, but really i'm not sure that helps. i find that when i die it's because my life basically goes to 0 faster than i can leap slam. Unless i can push it to 5k i don't see the point in picking up a little more life, i.e. having 4.3k instead of 4k life isn't gonna be enough of a difference. also too i've given up a little life, not much for +15% chaos resist. that lets me get away with blood rage and when i encounter a mob of chaos bombers it's no problem.

daresso's defiance is definitely causing problems especially with ranged critters. it's really easy to lose my endurance charges. however it's really easy to get them too, so i'm just going to have to get a 5L rare and see the difference. hate to give DD up though, that onslaught when you are actually in melee is a very noticeable boost in damage, and as you kill stuff and build end charges you are getting that very, very nice flat damage reduction.

i still find that flicker strike is an excellent attack, bu it was worth giving up the frenzy charge because i can't sustain it for more than a few attacks anyway so the extra charge isn't really helping me.
when i'm running tame maps it is a huge boost to clear speed. btw, did you know ass mark gives mana on kill ? i didn't. that's helping maintain much longer flicker chains.

BTW, getting 2 blue sockets on a 2H sword is freaking painful. so far getting RRRBB (cleave/ multistrike/melee damage/inc crit damage/conc effect) on my sword is turning out to be impossible. it always wants to roll at least 1 green. vorici sounds like a great idea right ? negative. you burn 25 chromes and end up with BBGGG.

not having RRRBB is really hurting my dps. with conc effect and incr crit damage i think i'd be pushing 40-50k dps.

the build is great fun, really have to pay attention though.

still unsuccessful running hatred + grace. i know for a fact that i've ripped to missile mobs that got me from off-screen. grace + ondar's guile would have saved me for sure.

I wrote a little guide in Marauder subforum. Maybe someone here has something to contribute... ;)
Following this with interest, as now I have to find a use for

sweet sword, im finding it's all crit or nothing. went shadow w/ mine currently at 76

useing that atm, have

but the 6l cant even compete with the crit chance and damage on the first weapon =/
twitch.tv/jfpforever
Bought this baby:

Look at that crit chance! And 530 DpS isn't bad either...

Currently 60k Cyclone DpS with 3 power charges on a 5L! Oh yeah... :)

I can only imagine what happens when I add Abyssus, Maligaro's and/or a 6L. ;)

Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 20, 2014, 10:33:33 AM
yea, cyclone certainly make's better use of the crit, im trying cleave/doublestrike. double strike melt's shit. cleave w/ multistrike leave's me gasping for more crit.
twitch.tv/jfpforever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info