crit 2h sword build review

"
Etherfire wrote:
Hmmm, nice.

Say, don't you think that if you can get enough crit and still run cyclone on mana then the crit multi gem is better than melee on full life?
I mean, this is a two hand build. Without block and dodge it will be tough to remain at full life all the time. Or maybe WED for an RT variant?

Oh, it will be Crit multi gem for sure.

I just did the math for all kinds of builds, and some (Aegis Aurora, CI) would prefer Melee full.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
This actually sounds pretty awesome for the dual doryani's crit cyclone I'm making.

Now we need to determine whether the investment into mana doesn't lose any deeps as compared to just using blood magic and taking damage nodes instead.

On second thought, this would allow me to use added fire as a sixth link which gets multiplied to huge levels by the doryanis.

*Drools*

For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
so now we're not only trying to create a viable build out of thin air but we're also trying to shoe horn enough mana options in too the build to run one of the most expensive melee skills in the game?

peeps sure are ambitious.

twitch.tv/jfpforever
my thoughts are drop IR and Determination, use a Lightning Coil with Ondars, Grace and Hatred, obviously pure evasion gear where possible. I honestly think that would be the most tanky route.

Acrobatics and IR, Im not against the idea n principal, but if I could run Grace and Determination together I think Id be more tempted to go hybrid. Drop IR and Acro, spend the 6 points on Ondars, Reflexes and Steel Skin. Wear full armour gear on most slots and let Grace do most of the leg work on the evasion side. I think Ondars Guile is one of the best possible nodes for a melee. Projectile spells tend to be easier to manually dodge, its the proj attacks that really nail you down, with Ondars you only give a shit about attackers in melee range which gives you so much more freedom and pacing when it comes to controlling combat and dealing with mobs on your terms. Plus Evasion is entropic, dodge isn't, so its more reliable when it comes to dealing with burst damage.

All that said, the coil you dont need Determ and can just run Hatred instead which is op, and get twice as much evasion on your gear, and still mitigate physical, plus keeping the dodge/spell dodge. Requires a huge amount of res from gear tho. To make things worse Id probably use a Rats Nest too.
"
jfpforever wrote:
so now we're not only trying to create a viable build out of thin air but we're also trying to shoe horn enough mana options in too the build to run one of the most expensive melee skills in the game?

peeps sure are ambitious.

Sry, just dropped it in here. It's not too much related to the original 2h crit sword build.

I opened a discussion on the topic in Gameplay Discussion:
can be found here

---

Grace, Ondar's, Acrobatics
Would surely be an interesting option.
It's funny how this was totally neglected a couple of months ago, and now it's the "new go to thing". ;)

How does this tree look?
Click me
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 11, 2014, 1:22:49 AM
"
Sry, just dropped it in here.

on the contrary, i dont care at all. this thread has turned into a very good discussion regarding 2h swords primarily focused on crit and various mechanics that go along with these builds.

"
Grace, Ondar's, Acrobatics
Would surely be an interesting option.
It's funny how this was totally neglected a couple of months ago, and now it's the "new go to thing".

this is largely do too lightning coil.
twitch.tv/jfpforever
I'm still working on my 2H Crit Cycloner. Currently at level 64.

Here is my gear, it's roughly final even though it's kinda crap.

Cyclone DPS is at 17K (20K with Power Charges up).

I rely on Immortal Call to get through enemies. Right now it lasts 8 seconds. It should last about 12 when I get Potency of Will and the 7th Charge. If I get 20/20 and my Enhance becomes level 2 my call duration will approach 20 seconds.

It will take me until around level 77 before my tree is finalized.

Gear:

Tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABS0GIA48EPASvBLhFCAUUhRxFvkYkRjbGS4bqh2-IWAn7TOHNro53TpSQKBD50d-Sn1QR1b6Vw1YdVnzW69gS2EhYVJlTWegbBZtSm5pbpd0oHTtdPF313rvgTqE2YTvhmCHGYdqh3aIOIjtkAqQVZBskc6ZK5stnYqezacwqZSsqq-ivYG-p8AaxLjSIdX42WHdDeSx707yWvKc9778S_zF
Last edited by K0rrupted on Oct 11, 2014, 1:02:27 PM
Since I couldn't wait for the next full respec, I started a new Marauder in Rampage to go crit 2h sword.

Currently Lvl 51 with horrible gear... ;)
Spoiler

Most of my cool stuff requires lvl60+.

The sword is basically a "Rigvald's Charge" in terms of DpS, but a bit better because I was able to add a crit chance master affix. Yes, idiots like me use 4 alchs to crft a levelling weapon. ;)

Till 44, I was using Shiversting. I killed Piety Cruel with a Shiversting. 1500 Cleave DpS with Shiversting. Lol.

Current tree
I'm dodging the Duelist starting zone to keep the option (not sure if I will need it) of using the two massive mana cost reduction clusters between Scion and Templar.
I did most of the "pathing", now I probably need to start speccing into life nodes.

Not sure which tanking road I will take. Acrobatics or "Skill effect duration" for long Immortal Call. I don't have room for both.

With Lvl59, I can pick up one of my 5Link chests.
I'm not 100% sold on the gem combination however...

I want...
Cyclone
+inc. crit damage
+melee damage
+faster attacks
+conc effect
+added fire
...which one should I drop in a 5L? Fire, fA or conc effect?
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 12, 2014, 5:51:52 AM
Drop added fire. Conc effect is too essential to good dps and faster attacks is important as well.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
Drop added fire. Conc effect is too essential to good dps and faster attacks is important as well.

Yeah, guess so.

100 points tree with aura stuff, full skill duration and a good bit of mana regen/cost/pool:
Click me
Would need more life nodes, but they are nearby, and it's only 100 points.
4 Enduance charges with Oak Merci, I can grab the templar one, too, the marauder and duelist ones are a bit off.

Just bought an uber-sexy beastly beast of an amulet (traded for a low-rolled andvarius) and a 2h sword for 10 fusing that should get me into maps:

Stuff that's waiting:
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 12, 2014, 6:56:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info