crit 2h sword build review

The ranger I posted above only is working with only 500 mana, but has a big percentage of the pool unreserved. 2% mana leech are easily enough for her.

It's sometimes difficult to balance it out, but in the end, it's almost always worth it to drop the f..king BM gem.

"
and for the record it starts becoming a problem when you have to havee mana AND accuracy AND life AND resists on gear...

I want life and resists on everything anyways, items without this have to have incredible stats not to be trash.

Then I add:
*One (!) high accuracy roll 350+ somewhere on helmet, gloves or jewelry.
*An intbased amulet type and 1-2 int affixes (helmet, jewelry).
*1-2% mana leech, 2-5% life leech somewhere on jewelry or gloves.
*Some flat mana roll somewhere on your gear

This doesn't have to be on one item, and you don't need too much of it.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
The ranger I posted above only is working with only 500 mana, but has a big percentage of the pool unreserved. 2% mana leech are easily enough for her.

It's sometimes difficult to balance it out, but in the end, it's almost always worth it to drop the f..king BM gem.

yes it is! hopefully it's obvious to everyone that having an extra damage gem is worth it, especially if you are going to use crit because that increased critical damage gem is a must-have.

as i said, cleave appears to work fine, but flicker strike is not possible. 62 mana/attack with a 0.2 s attack time means something like 300/s.

that's why you need revelry or some other form of "instant leech". and that's precisely why atziri acuity is so OP.

i'm very surprised you can maintain cyclone.
Oh, I can't, but I'm working on it. ;)
Man, if you can find some way to sustain cyclone on mana then you will be the lord of melee theorycrafters:P
And I will worship the virtual ground that your character walks upon.

It would be awesome not to have to spend 20ex just to sustain mana.

XD
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
Man, if you can find some way to sustain cyclone on mana then you will be the lord of melee theorycrafters:P

Lol!

It's not magic, it's just a question of getting the right amount of cyclones/second, mana cost reduction and mana regen. And while doing so, not spending so many skillpoints that it's not worth it (not grabbing a Soultaker).

Theory part:

Spoiler

Cyclone lvl20 28mana
+conc effect 1.6
+faster attacks 1.15
+fire damage 1.2
+melee physical damage 1.4
+melee full/AoE 1.3/1.5
-> 112.5/130 mana per use

I get 55% reduced mana cost.
There's 15% on conc effect quality, 20% at "Mental Fortitude", 10% at marauder and 7+3% nodes left of amplify.

->50/58,5 mana per use - skillpoints invested: 6-9
(depending if you count the 3 points in marauder or not)

Lvl20 clarity: 24.7 mana/sec
+22% efficiency (sovereignty cluster): 30,13
1.75% normal regen, let's say I get to 800 mana: 14 mana/sec
Stack 240% mana regen, from tree (40% duelist, 20% templar) and 60% affixes on jewelry-> 240% regen
->150 mana/second
Points spent: 1 in Templar, 2 in Duelist, 5 for Sovereignty: 8
Mana leech (capped at 12.5% of 800): 100/sec

Total of 250 mana/second in combat, 150 out of combat.
This supports 5 "melee damage on full life" cyclones or 4 with LGoH/increased AoE.
I think: that's actually more than enough. ;)

In a tree, let's make it a 2h sword tree, because... why not?
108 points

+96/196% life
+36% attack speed
+230% damage

-40% reduced mana
-14% reservation
+32% mana
+40% mana regen
Points spent on mana shit: 8
Points spent on Aura stuff: 5

As I don't think I'll be cycloning 5 times/second, I think I can reduce the mana stuff by quite a bit, probably even re-invest 7 skillpoints into crit.

I'm collecting rings with high mana regen atm to make it actually work.

Oh, and since I'm running lvl20 clarity, there will not be room for too many more auras. Hatred will fit in, and I hope I get Herald, too. ;)
I haven't done the full math on the aura stuff so far, I'm not sure if I need more/less reservation... I guess I'll find out.

But swinging a 5 damage support Cyclone with a real DpS weapon seems incredibly sexy to me.

Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 9, 2014, 3:15:58 PM
"
Etherfire wrote:

It would be awesome not to have to spend 20ex just to sustain mana.

XD

I think a Duelist can do it. My plan is to only run Hatred/HoA and use Mana Flows/Revelry combined with some Mana on gear. The relatively low aura reservation should allow me to run a 5L Cyclone.

Of course, I will be running Phys Mana Leech.

If that fails, I'm one point away from Mental Fortitude circle.

Picked up this sword. Not the best by any means, but it will be good enough for this build.

Last edited by K0rrupted on Oct 9, 2014, 10:35:07 PM
"
K0rrupted wrote:

I think a Duelist can do it. My plan is to only run Hatred/HoA and use Mana Flows/Revelry combined with some Mana on gear. The relatively low aura reservation should allow me to run a 5L Cyclone.

The 5L Cyclone is not an issue. The mana cost ist drastically lower.

And then everyone will come and say "why not just get a 6L and add the blood magic gem, then you don't need mana flows and revelry?".

And I don't think "mana on kill" (Revelry) will do the trick here.
How will you maintain mana when there's nothing to kill, only you versus a boss?

Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 10, 2014, 2:17:22 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
K0rrupted wrote:

And then everyone will come and say "why not just get a 6L and add the blood magic gem, then you don't need mana flows and revelry?".

How will you maintain mana when there's nothing to kill, only you versus a boss?

Heh, that's true, I didn't think of that.

Then I think we'll definitely need mana cost reduction on tree.

Revelry also gives us Mana on hit, which is useful though.

And of course, Mana Leech on gear :)
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
K0rrupted wrote:

good point. it works well for a flicker build because if you are not killing stuff you aren't getting frenzy charges and can't attack anyway, and if you do get the kill you get quite a bit of mana instantly.

haven't tried to run hatred + grace yet. however my tree is up and running for crit. i've got about 25% crit chance. i was surprised how easy it is to get decent crit mult. 60% from tree, 100% from a level 7 (!) crit damage gem is all it takes to be running 390%. with abyssus it will be about 600%. i'll try abyssus, but by the time my gem levels and with the use of ass-mark it's actually not going to be necessary. however it would be a great way to go situationally against bosses that are primarily elemental damage. temple piety for example...

i've just been messing around with Dom runs. it's actually a good test because you can run into some ridiculous mobs, and yet i don't even need to use IC. i do use IC against Dom since fist of god has a phy component and so it works really well. with IC up I can tank it. IC also makes the uniques trivial, not that they were hard before, but if I get IC going I don't even have to pay attention.

One interesting note is Daresso's defiance. It's really great, except... accumulate 5 charges, go to cast IC, get hit and lose your charges before it activates. That could prove to be a fatal problem. Not sure i'll be able to keep using it in the long term. That's really too bad because onslaught is pretty cool.

Hmmm, nice.

Say, don't you think that if you can get enough crit and still run cyclone on mana then the crit multi gem is better than melee on full life?
I mean, this is a two hand build. Without block and dodge it will be tough to remain at full life all the time. Or maybe WED for an RT variant?
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info