Remove Magnus Stonethorn

Flameblast @1100% more damage on max stage
Fire penetration
Flammability

He has all of the above. You were not nearly overcapped enough for that.

Ruby flask with curse immunity does the trick mostly.

Enfeeble and/or Temporal chains also work nicely.

He is actually a well made exile. Strong if you don't fight him right, difficult in the wrong circumstances, and simple if you properly prepare.

it's not like the player does not see flameblast coming from a mile away. OOS at beginning and then the 5 D's from dodgeball. :)
"
Nubatron wrote:
Flameblast @1100% more damage on max stage
Fire penetration
Flammability

He has all of the above. You were not nearly overcapped enough for that.

Ruby flask with curse immunity does the trick mostly.

Enfeeble and/or Temporal chains also work nicely.

He is actually a well made exile. Strong if you don't fight him right, difficult in the wrong circumstances, and simple if you properly prepare.

it's not like the player does not see flameblast coming from a mile away. OOS at beginning and then the 5 D's from dodgeball. :)

Well for one, I didnt have flammibility, I know that. Cuz the second go round with him, he hit me with it and it made me start to lose health, so my death sequence did not involve that curse. And I usually use flammibilty myself, but since I was doing a speed run and rushing, I didnt bother putting it on, taking it away from my firestorm templar. Doing as much dmg as I do, I didnt think I'd need it like I do in maps.

And I didnt say he wasnt well made, just way to ovepowered, much like King of the Mound and many of the corrupted area bosses. (anything but my RF build cant survive the flame queen in the act 3 marketplace corrupted area, the one with the giant bug that spews 6 minions at a time) He still needs to be removed.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Last edited by Zalm on Oct 5, 2014, 8:59:50 PM
Pretty sure he casts flammability as well.

If you were playing RF you should have at least had a ruby flask which im assuming you didnt use. Curse immune flasks are pretty important too.

Flame blast is meant to be extremely powerful if unchecked. If you eat a max stack flame blast you should absolutely die. No questions asked.

The problem you should be bitching about is desync.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Best way to deal with him ive found is to stun him, then his flameblast never gets past one or two stages assuming you are able to stun with some regularity. I personally find him to be one of the easier exiles to deal with. Now that motherfucker with moose horns, bear trap, and the dual ek totems, he sucks.
HAIL SATAN!
I know he casts flamability, but when I died, I did not have it on me. I know this because the next time I fought him, he had cast it on me and I started losing health with my RF active. But before I died, I was not losing health. I'm fine with desync. Does it suck? yes. Is it a problem? yes. Do I want it gone like 99% of the population? yes. Doesnt mean I cant handle it.

And I cant stun with RF. at least I dont think I can.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

I'm curious about the numbers for damage; I've survived a high charge flameblast in a 72 with less life and res than OP.
Seems it critted for sure. Were you on full life too?
A little aside: weird resists man, how come you have such low res for the rest at that level?
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Oct 5, 2014, 9:23:57 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
I'm curious about the numbers for damage; I've survived a high charge flameblast in a 72 with less life and res than OP.
Seems it critted for sure. Were you on full life too?
A little aside: weird resists man, how come you have such low res for the rest at that level?

I was full life. I usually regen about 100 life or so with all my auras and RF running. and my other resists arent that high due to my lack of gearing for them yet. I went for the basics first, Carcass jack, hrimnor helm, rise of phoenix, and the gems. everything else is kinda low end or self found stuff. going mostly self found for yellows isnt easy. Looking for resists and health is hard enough as is.

I hate Magnus, he is the most OP piece of shit in the whole game.

I don't expect him to be removed, but honestly, he should not cast Flammability and he should have like 25% less cast speed or something to that affect. The charge speed is too fast given how many effects are frequently on the screen and the fact that he off screens you with Flammability first. His charge is fast enough that if you don't start running (with a quicksilver) the instant he starts casting you'll usually get hit. You'd need 30%+ move speed to really outrun it.

What makes it even worse is when he desyncs. I've seen people RIP who were literally a full Flameblast radius away.

Totally the most BS Exile and about fifty times worse than all of the others combined. I'll fight 5 Ignas together or even the multistrike groundslam before this idiot.

Honestly, they got it right with the Beyond boss Flameblasts. Nice and slow, so even if you desync you can still get out of there.
Team Won
Last edited by ggnorekthx on Oct 5, 2014, 9:47:30 PM
"
Eternallight wrote:

The reason I said what I did is because of his VERY low armor and (i suppose I did neglect it, but lightning resist)

Flameblast itself is pure fire, however when next to a mob/totem that gives the physical damage aura or in a map with +% lightning damage, etc, a fire spell is not just a fire spell.

You should not insult people if you do not understand game mechanics.

"a map with +% lightning damage" will not add lightning damage to flame blast as I know, it affect only physical sources of damage.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
nah, it pretty much adds that type of dmg to all sources of dmg. ITs not like a wrath version of hatred. Its a standard % to all dmg.

Also, Vagan is a piece of shit. Never fight him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info