Remove Magnus Stonethorn

"
I would like to repeat: Read. The. Fucking. Thread. before commenting. Or at least the first few responses, wherein it's clarified that this is purely about the OP's fire resistance and life vs Magnus Stonethorn's purely fire spell.

I edited the main post for some clarity to those who wanna talk trash 'lrn2plynub, dont stand in aoe, blah bla blah' so they get the full story when they first so, so they can be lazy and not read the other posts.

Thanks for the back up as usual though, Charan. Always the helpful one around here.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Last edited by Zalm on Oct 7, 2014, 9:00:37 PM
Yeah this guy just killed me in hc in 1 hit from across the screen in about a second. I was lvl 78 running a 69 map and got a lvl 5 exile quest. It was a "leave the guy on lowlife" for 10 seconds quest and Im a summoner with zombies meatshield evangelist dome and SRS dps so I killed them off figuring id throw 1 or 2 srs at him. I had full resist 4k HP 1.2k ES 30% armor etc etc. I didnt even get close, as soon as he saw me began casting, it didnt even reach half cast - maybe 1/3 - and boom goodnight 1 hit you are dead, happened in less than a second had no time to react. Troll boss.
"
Eternallight wrote:
"
SVD wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:
You have very low armor. His his was probably a mix of physical + fire.

What map were you in with what mods?

you should refrain from posting until you grow a brain......

1) he has incredible stats for level 71. high hp, high armour, evasion, block
2)magnus casts FLAMEBLAST,a pure fire damage spell
3)he has 86 fire res
4) he is overcapped by 36 fireresist

The reason I said what I did is because of his VERY low armor and (i suppose I did neglect it, but lightning resist)

Flameblast itself is pure fire, however when next to a mob/totem that gives the physical damage aura or in a map with +% lightning damage, etc, a fire spell is not just a fire spell.

You should not insult people if you do not understand game mechanics.

edit: in addition, his flame blast is supported with fire pen. You can check the wiki.

Jesus, you have no idea what you're talking about. A physical damage aura will only affect something that's already doing physical damage, it's a % modifier to physical damage. And +% as element also only affects physical damage. So neither of the things you said would even affect flameblast, and his armor is completely irrelevant.
"
jdilly23 wrote:

Flame blast is meant to be extremely powerful if unchecked. If you eat a max stack flame blast you should absolutely die. No questions asked.

this lol

but desync

so whateves
S L O W E R
like most very strong attacks in this game the secret is to not stand in it
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
VictorDoom wrote:
This "secret" is worth a pile of dung when he starts FB right and left in tight corridors. I died 2 times in a row with my tankiest char, all other deaths of which were strictly my own mistakes. These 2 weren't.
PS. yeah, i'm a noob that should l2p but that changes nothing :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
This "secret" is worth a pile of dung when he starts FB right and left in tight corridors. I died 2 times in a row with my tankiest char, all other deaths of which were strictly my own mistakes. These 2 weren't.

use a quicksilver flask, or some movement skill, and of course fire rez flasks, i always keep a topaz, a ruby and a quicksilver flask in my toolbar since they are more useful than health flasks.

its not anything about l2p or any stuff like that, im not good at the game and my reactions/flask timing is complete shite, i survive by using both fire and quicksilver when i see him and go for the kill without hesitation or if you cant kill him fast just run away with the same method
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Nov 21, 2014, 8:33:43 AM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

use a quicksilver flask, or some movement skill, and of course fire rez flasks, i always keep a topaz, a ruby and a quicksilver flask in my toolbar since they are more useful than health flasks.

its not anything about l2p or any stuff like that, im not good at the game and my reactions/flask timing is complete shite, i survive by using both fire and quicksilver when i see him and go for the kill without hesitation or if you cant kill him fast just run away with the same method
this is general problem (but to some people it is somehow a feature) of PoE: there are many enemies that require many specific items/skills to deal with safely - so many that it is near impossible to have all that items/skills ready when you need them...
also lol @"not good at the game" from player who defeated uber with 2h :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

I think your perspective is considerably skewed considering the amount of currency you're able to play with.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
"
silumit wrote:
this is general problem (but to some people it is somehow a feature) of PoE: there are many enemies that require many specific items/skills to deal with safely - so many that it is near impossible to have all that items/skills ready when you need them...

how is it a bad thing though ? if you could faceroll any and all enemies in the game regardless of build, whats the builds distinction ?

poe is already largely a one-skill spamfest. making it even more uniform makes the content more repetitive than it already is.

it is a feature to me, because if your build has an achilles heel, you better plan for it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info