Remove Magnus Stonethorn

"
Eternallight wrote:
edit: in addition, his flame blast is supported with fire pen. You can check the wiki.

True, but I have 113 fire resist, so even with his fire pen, he still has to contend with at best, a level 20 fire pen, only pierces 35% of my resists. with 86, he has alot to go through before he actually strts doing real dmg. Point made, he still should not be able to instakill me. I expect it, even with over stacked light resist, agaisnt dominus, but not some random exile from a strongbox.

Getting one hit by a boss= fine. Its a boss, it should have the ability to insta kill you.
Getting one hit by a randomly spawned monster= bad. Its random, its weak, and its not supposed to do enough dmg to one hit soemone with stats like mine.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
Last edited by Zalm on Oct 5, 2014, 8:16:27 PM
"
Zalm wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:
edit: in addition, his flame blast is supported with fire pen. You can check the wiki.

True, but I have 113 fire resist, so even with his fire pen, he still has to contend with at best, a level 20 fire pen, only pierces 35% of my resists. with 86, he has alot to go through before he actually strts doing real dmg. Point made, he still should not be able to instakill me. I expect it, even with over stacked light resist, agaisnt dominus, but not some random exile from a strongbox.

Getting one hit by a boss= fine. Its a boss, it should have the ability to insta kill you.
Getting one hit by a randomly spawned monster= bad. Its random, its weak, and its not supposed to do enough dmg to one hit soemone with stats like mine.

Not how fire pen works.

It is treated as your present fire resist and not your over capped resist. So by penning 35% of your resist (86%) it reduces it down to 51% http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Penetration You can read about penetration effects here for the game.

Likewise, monsters are not capped at level 20 for gem effects. After all, have you ever been hasted by their haste aura? Its insane... (via headhunter or the like)
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
"
Eternallight wrote:
"
Zalm wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:

Not how fire pen works.

It is treated as your present fire resist and not your over capped resist. So by penning 35% of your resist (86%) it reduces it down to 51% http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Penetration You can read about penetration effects here for the game.

Likewise, monsters are not capped at level 20 for gem effects. After all, have you ever been hasted by their haste aura? Its insane... (via headhunter or the like)

Like I said, they still have to do alot of dmg with a lvl 20 fire pen. I would still have 50% fire resists, whcih is half their dmg gone. IF they do over 10k dmg, thats still absurd.

And I realize they arent limited for gem level, but do you honestly think an exile would spawn in a lvl 59 area with over gems at level 20? I personally dont think they even spawn with capped gems till maps.

And no, they were alone, no totems, no auras, nothing. It was me, my Spec Thro crit buddy, a strong box, and the fire god asshole. We killed him, but not before he one hit me, and I told my buddy to retreat, I had to solo so I didnt get killed again.(rampage players)

Also, though it never made a difference to me, his searing bond did more dmg per second to me than the zombie clouds in the area with my -60 choas resist.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

You are probably right about gem level being linked to at least area level in regards to that, so given the 50% fire resist, your hp, the no auras/map bonuses to his damage.

You most likely got unlucky and his flameblast scored a crit. stage 8-10 for high damage then being multiplied even more into a crit probably would do enough damage to one shot you.
It's a telegraphed spell that takes a LONG time to get to the amount of stacks you received. It's no different (to me), than complaining about touch of god. You let his stacks build up. Which you shouldn't do. Ever.
Why did you stand in it?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'll explain again. I didnt stand in it purposfully. I wasnt event he main target of the attack, my friend I was rushing was. He is a crit based spec throw build, and he was being targeted by the flameblast. I was standing and letting my RF do its magic(which wasnt very good against a pure fire templar) when I was killed by the blast. On my screen, I was standing outside of it, a good 3-5m away, easily. But when I dies outside of the circle, I /oos and found out that I was infact on the edge of the circle when I died.

I died due to an OP exile that does more apparent damage than the end game boss in the act before the end game boss(act 2, chamber of sins) mixed with desync not letting me know I was in the skills range.

"
Zalm wrote:
I'll explain again. I didnt stand in it purposfully. I wasnt event he main target of the attack, my friend I was rushing was. He is a crit based spec throw build, and he was being targeted by the flameblast. I was standing and letting my RF do its magic(which wasnt very good against a pure fire templar) when I was killed by the blast. On my screen, I was standing outside of it, a good 3-5m away, easily. But when I dies outside of the circle, I /oos and found out that I was infact on the edge of the circle when I died.

I died due to an OP exile that does more apparent damage than the end game boss in the act before the end game boss(act 2, chamber of sins) mixed with desync not letting me know I was in the skills range.

Has little to do with that.

Flameblast deals 184–276 damage at gem level 16 (level 59, appropriate for that area i think you said)
Lets assume he has damage of +100% increased overall.
Lets assume the damage rolled high (250)
Lets assume it hit stage 10.

This means the damage you would suffer would be 250 x 2 x 12.

Lets assume it scored a crit and that he has 0 crit damage mods. I assume monsters are also 1.5x damage on a crit so the end result is 250 x 2 x 12 x 1.5 against your fire resist - his fire pen.

We worked out you would have around 55% fire resist

You would take 4050 fire damage after your resist etc.

You can figure it was somewhere in this range then and you died to an unlucky crit (5% chance) and in all honesty, +100% increased at level 59 is rather low. If it was instead 200% increased, you would have taken around 6000 damage.
Last edited by Eternallight on Oct 5, 2014, 8:41:24 PM
If it was an unlucky shot, a full on crit that got me, with its 5% chance and I got bsed to death due to desync and a crit that should have never happened, then maybe I can accept a one hit death. I've come back from a desync with alot more bullshit on my flicker build, so can deal with the desync, but a crit, on the first, last and only hit he made on me today is a bit of a crapshoot had I been on beyond, Id probably have quit right there. Probably canceled all my payment plans and never looked back.

But to be hit one time, and only once(aside from a dot from searing bond, again also OP as hell, but not as bad, much more manageable) and have it be his crit seems highly unlikely. Borderline bullshit impossible.

Last edited by Zalm on Oct 5, 2014, 8:46:20 PM
"
Zalm wrote:
If it was an unlucky shot, a full on crit that got me, with its 5% chance and I got bsed to death due to desync and a crit that should have never happened, then maybe I can accept a one hit death. I've come back from a desync with alot more bullshit on my flicker build, so can deal with the desync, but a crit, on the first, last and only hit he made on me today is a bit of a crapshoot had I been on beyond, Id probably have quit right there. Probably canceled all my payment plans and never looked back.

Crits happen alot in the game, you just dont notice them unless you are a crit build or get hit by an enemy that does large scale damage already.

This is one of those cases.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info