Remove Magnus Stonethorn

"
nah, it pretty much adds that type of dmg to all sources of dmg.

That's false. It only adds damage to physical attacks or spells. This was confirmed by Neon.
Im pretty happy this exile hasnt killed me yet, thats not to say he cant though. I died twice to being one hit by the flame blast totem in invasion & I have also been hit by a full stack of his flameblast too. Fortunately when I got hit by his 18% spell block saved my life.

Personally I think its a pretty broken skill, not because of the amount of damage it does but because of how desync prone it is.

One of my deaths to the flameblast totem from invasion was becase it was in vaal ruins 1, but because the totem was around a doorway the flameblast did not telegraph at all on the client side and I got hit by an instant full stack flameblast because I couldnt see it charge.
Op is noob. Yesterday I took Magnus flameblast in 72+ lvl map and lost only 2k hp with 76% fire res. Exile is not hard.
"
Eternallight wrote:
"
SVD wrote:
"
Eternallight wrote:
You have very low armor. His his was probably a mix of physical + fire.

What map were you in with what mods?

you should refrain from posting until you grow a brain......

1) he has incredible stats for level 71. high hp, high armour, evasion, block
2)magnus casts FLAMEBLAST,a pure fire damage spell
3)he has 86 fire res
4) he is overcapped by 36 fireresist

The reason I said what I did is because of his VERY low armor and (i suppose I did neglect it, but lightning resist)

Flameblast itself is pure fire, however when next to a mob/totem that gives the physical damage aura or in a map with +% lightning damage, etc, a fire spell is not just a fire spell.

You should not insult people if you do not understand game mechanics.

edit: in addition, his flame blast is supported with fire pen. You can check the wiki.

The increased physical damage auras don't add physical to non-physical spells. They are a percentage based increase to physical damage attacks or spells.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
I have never seen that posted anywhere, Bolt. Can you provide a link?
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
I'm happy Magnus is in the game.

Most exiles are just food or "a bit annoying", but this guy is one of the few that actually fight back.

Whenever I see a Flammability curse on my head and a burning circle quickly expanding under my feet, this song starts pumping its beat into my heart. ;)

There's actually not too much content in this game that requires you to "fight for your life", most of it can be calculated and/or avoided pretty easily.

Magnus is one of the few monsters who seriously wants to kill you.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Yep, Magnus is fucking bullshit and is imbalanced.

I lost my LVL 91 in Beyond the other day with 4800hp and max res in some guy's ezpz Zana daily LVL 70 map mission with no damage mods.

Magnus was offscreen and cast a 10 stack INVISIBLE (known bug) Flameblast and 1-shot me.

I never saw anything. Just within a fraction of a second the resurrect button appeared on my screen.
I always carry a ruby flask, but how can you flask and dodge invisible things?

This exile needs obvious rebalancing. He needs to be removed until his invisible Flameblast bug is fixed as well as having his damage nerfed because it's obviously WAY TOO HIGH. I remember even back in Cruel, I found him in the sewers and stupidly tried to fight him. Even with a dispel curse + ruby flask up he was taking me down to 10% hp.

It simply does not make sense for someone who has done double boss, with dmg mods, on the Courtyard map or killed double Palace Dominus to be more scared of death from an overpowered Exile even in low level maps.

p.s. This 'invisible spell' bug occasionally still occurs with Megaera's fire storms.

Sigh...it's frustrating when you play so carefully, without dying, and then lose your character to bugs, which the devs have known about and not fixed.
"
Odissius wrote:
Yep, Magnus is fucking bullshit and is imbalanced.

I lost my LVL 91 in Beyond the other day with 4800hp and max res in some guy's ezpz Zana daily LVL 70 map mission with no damage mods.

Magnus was offscreen and cast a 10 stack INVISIBLE (known bug) Flameblast and 1-shot me.

I never saw anything. Just within a fraction of a second the resurrect button appeared on my screen.
I always carry a ruby flask, but how can you flask and dodge invisible things?

This exile needs obvious rebalancing. He needs to be removed until his invisible Flameblast bug is fixed as well as having his damage nerfed because it's obviously WAY TOO HIGH. I remember even back in Cruel, I found him in the sewers and stupidly tried to fight him. Even with a dispel curse + ruby flask up he was taking me down to 10% hp.

It simply does not make sense for someone who has done double boss, with dmg mods, on the Courtyard map or killed double Palace Dominus to be more scared of death from an overpowered Exile even in low level maps.

p.s. This 'invisible spell' bug occasionally still occurs with Megaera's fire storms.

Sigh...it's frustrating when you play so carefully, without dying, and then lose your character to bugs, which the devs have known about and not fixed.

signed.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Chamber of Sins, Merciless, -6% lightning, lot's of sparkers there, gets one-shotted... hmmm?
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
Chamber of Sins, Merciless, -6% lightning, lot's of sparkers there, gets one-shotted... hmmm?

"one-shotted"

:p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info