Remove Magnus Stonethorn

For the record :

Died 2 times this week in same conditions :

- Zana lvl 74 map with +60% move+attack+CAST speed for mobs

- Mission = Kill rogue exiles in time limit (+- a way to add time)

- One of the rogues is that guy, Magnus Stonethorn

- See the guy and his flameblast starting, cast teleport lvl 18 to dodge the area of effect (supported with cast speed Q20 lvl 18 + reduced duration lvl 18)

- Die anyway in one shot before teleporting because of the +60% cast speed

I'm a CI lvl 90 arc Witch with 7.7K energy shield and 75% fire res, didn't get cursed by flammability (very sure), died in a second both times.

I don't understand why rogue exiles benefit from a map's mods (they do according to the wiki and experience).
I mean, role play talking, I thought they were like us, exiles, human beings exploring Wraeclast (turned Rogue, ok): they don't look like mobs. They don't look to belong to the maps, to be borned there.
They look like real characters that can be created. To me, the encounter seems supposed to look like a kind of a PVP fight, just with an AI managing the Rogue (maybe a way to encourage players to try PVP? That would be my feeling).

If I don't get +60% cast speed, why do they? This seems not fair to me.
In my opinion, they should be affected like us by a map: if there is an elemental weakness/vulnerability in the map, it should affect them; and they souldn't get bonuses from the map's mods.

Or at least not +60% move+attack+cast speed bonus mods with a skill that oneshot...
"
grepman wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
this is general problem (but to some people it is somehow a feature) of PoE: there are many enemies that require many specific items/skills to deal with safely - so many that it is near impossible to have all that items/skills ready when you need them...

how is it a bad thing though ? if you could faceroll any and all enemies in the game regardless of build, whats the builds distinction ?

poe is already largely a one-skill spamfest. making it even more uniform makes the content more repetitive than it already is.

it is a feature to me, because if your build has an achilles heel, you better plan for it
"deal with safely" != "faceroll"
The "feature" is that almost any build has tons of "achilles heels", they are just very rare but still (insta)deadly.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Magnus Stonetard is nerfed.

Having 75/75/75/65 resists, 90% damage reduction (Endurance charges and flasks) this guy one-hits with 2k hp.

STuPiD.

Simply, I will never fight this mob ever again, unless I am shooting him off-screen with an archer. End of story.

What a dumb mob.
"
haleabus wrote:
Magnus Stonetard is nerfed.

Having 75/75/75/65 resists, 90% damage reduction (Endurance charges and flasks) this guy one-hits with 2k hp.

STuPiD.

Simply, I will never fight this mob ever again, unless I am shooting him off-screen with an archer. End of story.

What a dumb mob.

Only fire res is relevant, 2k life? Where, if merci, then it is all your fault. Besides, he can also crit. And you're(surprise!) NOT supposed to facetank the flameblast :O

Magnus is fine imo, except for when he crits.. :)

And lastly, why do people dig up all of these old threads that are inaccurate for todays gameplay.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on Oct 4, 2015, 2:40:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info