fuck the fucking one shots. for real

In decent balanced games u die fast with low res and slow with high res.
In this game u die instant with low res and u die instant with high res.

whats the fucking point
and yes i'm pissed
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
guess your res isn't high enough
when there are very few ways to challenge the player's intellect and skill - it is a lot easier to resort to "BOOM! you die!" methods for pseudo-difficulty.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Restinpieces
Man even Dark souls doesn't have 1 shots :P it's usually 2 shots!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
This is how feel facing cruel dominus as a melee char. Every fucking time. Max light res, decent life. Lightning spirit stream, bam dead.

Sadly, that lightning beam is balanced around spell block and going past 80 max lightning resistance.
:(
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Most of the time, what you think was a 'one shot' was actually a combination of factors that resulted in rapid burst damage that tore through your defenses and killed you. This is the result of not having tiers of defense and fast reflexes on flasks to help keep you alive.

That isn't always the case, but most of the time, that is what happened when people complain of being 'one shot'.

That said, I do agree that the balance in PoE is ass, I've said that for awhile. The value of resistances and also spell block is still so high that it is unreal. I used to think that someday GGG would re-evaluate it all but given how far along we are now. I just can't see it happening.

-EDIT-

One more thing to add. In this game, you can leave battle at any time via a town portal or you can flat out log out of the game to save yourself. As long as this is an option, GGG have no choice but to create 'challenge' via huge amounts of burst damage that you cannot escape from fast enough.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Sep 29, 2014, 6:45:46 PM
No context = cant help you bro, rip in pieces
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Rare zombie with volatile blood in -max res map. Kill him -> boom 5k life gone

I hate oneshots but i laughed so hard with that one lol

"
This is how feel facing cruel dominus as a melee char. Every fucking time. Max light res, decent life. Lightning spirit stream, bam dead.

Pretty sure you're not supposed to stand in it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info