fuck the fucking one shots. for real

Lol I surely thought this thread would have been locked by now XD

"

In a nutshell: very good defenses and defense synergies are the key.

You mean like 87/77/77/-28 and 5k Armor? Haven't found something for chaos yet and I don't know how to push armor anymore. But chaos is not the problem most instant kills are from physical or ele bosses anyway. So how the fuck do u go beyond 77 Res?

Nice last encounter: RF Vaal cyclon everything gets sucked in but nothing dies. I run trough all my potion still nothing dead and I'm locked in the cyclon an die. One would think if I desync either the RF on the server would kill anything OR nothing get sucked in because the Vaal cyclon didn't work. Noooo that would be way to easy. Suck everything in an disable the player skill. I swear the devs sit in front of their PC watching this and laughing their ass of.
BTW as I walked back all monster where indeed packed like I Vaal cycloned. I did a normal cyclone and everything was dead in a second no dmg taken -.- this is fucked up.
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
cruel dominus is a huge gearcheck, you just need a ton of armor and capped res.

Makes no sense it being so much harder than the rest of cruel tho.
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
cruel dominus is a huge gearcheck, you just need a ton of armor and capped res.

Makes no sense it being so much harder than the following 2 act's of merciless.

Fixed that for you sir :)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Ice nova...screw this one
Related to Oneshots

I tried yesterday this new unqiue map: Whakawairua and after cleaning the map i got to the boss

and he oneshotted my hardware

Seriously from good 15 fps (which is good for my laptop in THIS GAME)
to 0-1 frames per second at boss fight same with new merevil and brutus

in b4 "learn to buy new rig"

why new content have to be always more and more a hardware check?
"

To top it all off, you can't even cull form 1.

This is my biggest issue with dom, killing blows don't kill form 1. He is still going to do a move or two, like cutting a worm in half, he just doesn't know he is dead.

I like ya char, you have a very different perspective on things, and/ or lots of knowledge about some things to which I am clueless.

I will say running around dom in a circle is a fairly reliable way to avoid his lightning stream without having to gtfo.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Sep 30, 2014, 11:58:29 AM
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
l2p i face tank everything with 100% resists and lightning coil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVFnBniuK8&list=UUfr_OnbD7g8uPk0s_mjzZLQ

I dont have a video for this season yet gems arnt even 20 yet let alone 20/20 but i will

I have no skills so I have to rely on max mitigation and its very possible (max block or max resist) but some like mathil do uber glassy as hell.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1027037

Either-way learn to deal with it or perish.

Oh and D3 rifts are way fucking harder. There is no gear/build that does the higher rifts you got to party got to get lucky on Map draw everything still one shots. Least here there are options.

So we all have to make the same PoS , arc build cause everything else sux compared to it.
So its FOTM builds or GTFO. Or maybe its do 5k dmg but tank everything (maps will take u 15 mins to clear but np).

What if i want a two hand build? Well, you CAN make one but that way u will deal like 3k more dmg and die 100% faster cause block is so fckin overpowered in this game.

You want a fighter counting on his weapon/bow to deal dmg? Get lucky with drops or GTFO again, cause spells are the new shiet with 0 investment required to deal damage, compared to weapons ofc.
Want to buy some by doing the chaos recipe? TOO BAD, cause now that elreon is 2 exas , ex:chaos is
1: over 9000.

MOVING TARGET! MOVING TARGET!

Why does everyone post their build telling , hey l2p (its not even his btw its foxtactics arc) this is what you should do in order to play the game.
Like sitting 10 hour getting tendonitis from having to press right click 100000 hours in order for smn to die is SO much fun.

Balance sux here, period.

lol want some cheese with all that whine? jesus.

There are hundreds of builds that do end game/atziri. And thousands more no one thought of yet.

With such a losers attitude I doubt you'll find any arpg satisfactory. I usually tell people to try D3 because drops rain and can have best gear in a week or two but EVERYONE get one shotted in higher greater rifts.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 30, 2014, 12:21:07 PM
"

No one does Merciless Dominus, so you're talking about Cruel, right? And let's assume self-found, since it's part of the core story.

I may not play optimally but I've had plenty of characters that can get to Cruel Dominus quite easily and then get destroyed, repeatedly. The spike remains. It is a thing. As Clive said, what may seem an OHKO can be a MHKO, but if you're stunned or shocked for the duration, in essence it's an OHKO.

Nothing new: Dominus form 1 is a failed attempt at making a stronger, more challenging Oversoul. Everything Oversoul got right, Dom form 1 gets wrong -- EXCEPT for the touch of god.

Well, I only have one character that can breeze through Merc Dominus, and

makes it much easier along with Saffell's Frame. The rest either have a hard time or end up getting wrecked.

As for Cruel Dominus, he is much much easier than Merc Dominus, but the difficulty is almost like Merc Piety. Really never made sense that Cruel Dominus is tougher than most of the Merc bosses. The spike damage from the lighting spell (it is almost like incinerate since Vaal's lightning shot is more like a beam) shotguns you down. You have to have high life/ES regen, and maxed lit res and another secondary defense to mitigate most of the damage.

Most of these issues are avoided if you can kill him fast enough, and dodge them physically and/or take cover to avoid the lightning spell. Of course, as a melee character, you are up in his face, so you are at risk from his lightning spell and touch of god. Takes away the enjoyment if you kite away every few seconds to avoid death.

But yea, Cruel Dominus can be a major roadblock for new leagues, especially for the hardcore leagues. If your build is not OP from the beginning, you are either out of luck, or join a party. GGG needs to tone down the lightning spell, because even at Cruel Difficulty, it can still pack a wallop of a punch.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 30, 2014, 2:58:43 PM
my level 78 righteous fire maurader with 5k life got practically 1 shot in a level 71 map by a rare whipping miscreation.

Basically as I approached it, it whipped me and applied the vulnerability debuff, then when I cycloned thru it I got like 20-30 corrupting blood debuffs applied to me, and my character was dead in less than 1/3 of a second, there was no time for me to pop a staunching flask, let alone the curse immune flask as well.

Granted had I examined the rare's nemesis mod to see ahead of time that it was corrupting blood I wouldnt have cycloned it. But it just seems like it was a double hard counter to my build, that can instant kill me if I attack it like I attack all other enemies.

Another example of hard counters in this game is the devourers against pure summoners. Bypassing your defenses and pop up right on top of you typically causing an unavoidable death. I dont see any way to counter this as a summoner, and that is basically why I stopped playing my summoner even though it was my favorite build. But when I kept dying to devourers that characters progress become stagnant and frustrating.

Then there is all the hard counter map mods that make most builds unplayable, like blood magic, 50% or no life/mana regen, reflect. I mean I rarely play rare maps simply because these mods so often appear in them and they are completely unplayable. So its a really stupid currency sink to try to get a playable rare map. This game has a lot of really bad balance issues in the end game stuff, where the devs basically punish players for continuing to play the game after act 3 merciless. So the question becomes why keep playing.
Life is a incomplete picture. Meaningless really when highest phys hits are 9K uber vaal and highest elemental are 60K (uber flmmeblast). What do you have protecting that 5000 life?

If all you ran around with was 5000 life and no mitigation almost everything wound one shot you in merciless. Phys wouldnt because phys dam is low relative to elemental so ES users can survive but would two shot
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 30, 2014, 6:14:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info