fuck the fucking one shots. for real

"
The character I just defeated Cruel Dom with has 30% spell dodge, 28% spell block thanks to Perandus+Lazhwar (what a godly combo on a budget!). You can SEE the spirits just going through him, but once one hits, it's all over red rover.

Touch of God is easy to avoid with WB, or just running away. The spirit stream, my god, it virtually stalks you.

Are you using a topaz flask during the stream of ghost's and a healing potion once you hit like 50% to counteract the "degen" of the stream?

I play a lot of melee and that's how i do it. cap resist to 85%, then facetank it and outregen/life leach/heal the damage effect.

Then kill some mobs after potions are gone and rinse and repeat.

Not saying i like the design do, for a game with this much sync issue's most of these moves will eventually be insulting to a player, if not on go one it will be on go two etc...

And if your playing non-hc league's, you can easily shrug it off and go "meh that sucked, let's zerg him and be done with it" but on a hc character the real punishing design comes to light imo.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
agreed a topaz flask with stun recovery is nice vs dom
Hey...is this thing on?
"
zzang wrote:
Related to Oneshots

I tried yesterday this new unqiue map: Whakawairua and after cleaning the map i got to the boss

and he oneshotted my hardware

Seriously from good 15 fps (which is good for my laptop in THIS GAME)
to 0-1 frames per second at boss fight same with new merevil and brutus

in b4 "learn to buy new rig"

why new content have to be always more and more a hardware check?

*puts tinfoil hat on*

They are conspiring with the industry to force you to buy the new stuff all the time.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"

Another example of hard counters in this game is the devourers against pure summoners. Bypassing your defenses and pop up right on top of you typically causing an unavoidable death. I dont see any way to counter this as a summoner, and that is basically why I stopped playing my summoner even though it was my favorite build. But when I kept dying to devourers that characters progress become stagnant and frustrating.

cwdt+ec+ic

not many summoners do it cause of lack of sockets but I find it a must due to the issue you mentioned (and also similarly charge and leapslam)
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
My response to this has been to just stop caring if I die to these kinds of things. 99% of this game's meta is about finding ways to avoid these bullshit instakills (usually with gear that costs multiple exalts or 100 health nodes on the tree) and I finally realized....WTF do I care if it kills me? The EXP penalty is moot - I can level to 80 using lower maps and Zana anyway, and the content doesn't exist for a mostly solo player like myself to expect to get past that until act 4 is released. It doesn't hurt my drops. At most I have to spawn at the zone entry and run back to where I died which costs me maybe a minute.

Realizing that I don't really have to care about this crap has made the game actually interesting for me again.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
zzang wrote:
Related to Oneshots

I tried yesterday this new unqiue map: Whakawairua and after cleaning the map i got to the boss

and he oneshotted my hardware

Seriously from good 15 fps (which is good for my laptop in THIS GAME)
to 0-1 frames per second at boss fight same with new merevil and brutus

in b4 "learn to buy new rig"

why new content have to be always more and more a hardware check?

*puts tinfoil hat on*

They are conspiring with the industry to force you to buy the new stuff all the time.

Hopefully they backtrack a LOT and fix these issues in a way that reduces the memory footprint, already got a lot of confirmations that the game uses 3.12-.3.2 gb of memory on normal resolutions and tested myself that it goes over 4gb on ultra high ones. Considering that a 32 bit os is only allowed to allocate 3gb of memory space for this game and a 64 bit os is only allowed to allocate 4gb of memory space for this game there is already a severe issue that has been and likely will be getting worse with each patch.

Eventually a new rig won't do jack**** if the game cannot allocate the memory it needs even on a normal resolution. And yes, windows 8 was made with 32 bit versions that pretty much cannot be considered to be able to play this game even with brand new video cards due to memory space allocation limits.
Cruel dom is way over tuned, but this problem has existed since A3x release and the devs seem to think it's ok. He should not be required to progress, but should have a good reward tied to him (passive point maybe in an expansion)

Only characters I've made that can kill him are high block melee's

definitely been totem + minion bomb + trying to dodge back to town, it gets sluggish for sure

Spoiler
i am a huge fan of the totem mechanic, i can feel dominus beating me into a corner, and then i have to relieve the pressure by moving or (i wish i could reliably end his first form)

second form could be more dynamic, but it is a fair strategy check imo, and good tactical awareness of building pressure
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Oct 1, 2014, 10:00:55 PM
I agree that (cruel) Dominus might be a bit overtuned but how do so many people have problems with his ghost attack, especially since it is telegraphed? I myself have never died to it, it is quite easily avoidable with that piece of wall down bottom of the arena. Just dance around it and use some movement skill when needed, for example to avoid those ice searing bonds.

And yes, I've played tons of melee builds, never had any spell block/dodge at cruel Dominus tho. Just capped lightning resist and close to capped other resists.
Last edited by MIIKKAAA on Oct 2, 2014, 12:24:44 AM
Lol the more I play the more I shake my head in disbelieve. A boss skill that auto aims me with 25% movement speed (I first thought it was a degen because I couldn't avoid it) and kills my 5k life with lightning in 1 1/2 sec with my 77 lightning resistance. Did they even test this shit?

I lost half a level because of this shit that's about 3-4 hours of playtime -.- every time u start enjoying the game again there is some fucked up shit in ur face.
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
Last edited by restinpieces0815 on Oct 5, 2014, 12:44:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info