fuck the fucking one shots. for real

you can tell when hes about to do something, I dont wait around long enough to work out if hes about to touchslam, ghost barrage or simply curse me when Im melee, Im out of there.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
This is how feel facing cruel dominus as a melee char. Every fucking time. Max light res, decent life. Lightning spirit stream, bam dead.

Pretty sure you're not supposed to stand in it

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
This is how feel facing cruel dominus as a melee char. Every fucking time. Max light res, decent life. Lightning spirit stream, bam dead.

Sadly, that lightning beam is balanced around spell block and going past 80 max lightning resistance.
:(

In cruel?
Hey...is this thing on?
"
DS_Deadman wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"

Looks shocked.
"
Man even Dark souls doesn't have 1 shots :P it's usually 2 shots!

This... is true.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
What really gets me frustrated, especially as a hardcore player, is that you are put in situations where you can't really do anything to save your character. It feels like bullshit.

And this is after you've dedicated 90% of your build and gear towards mitigating those circumstances as much as possible. Then there's always some standard mode douchewad on the forums whose like "that's why they make x flask or y skill" without realizing that you can't have enough flasks and gemslots for every contingency of poor game design that GGG throws at you.

Take strongboxes, they're this awesome idea that is so poorly implemented it's not funny. All they'd really need to do is put a delay on the spawns - but I had a friend requit the game last week because he opened one and instantly died. It wasn't a 1 hit, it was a 30 hit at once... but is there really any difference? Another friend had his beyond character gibbed by magnus from a strong box. I lost a year old HC toon to content 20 levels below him (Haku rocks) and there was literally shit I could do.

There are just too many "fuck you" moments in this game that aren't things like vaal smash/etc, and it's so frustrating as a player when they happen and there really just isn't shit you can do about it.

For all of GGG's good ideas, their execution of them leaves so much to be desired.
"
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"

NO WAY. You mean I can actually move when he's firing that shit that tracks me effortlessly?

Or when one hit manages to stun and shock me?

[Removed by Support]

Lol. Learn to relax man. Posting shocked cat got it. Maybe I shouldve put in a preeety sure*.

Either way, GGG has chosen the path of telegraphed attacks/spells dealing massive dmg. Which in theory I have no problem. But that 1:50 occurrence can really dampen the play session.
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Sep 30, 2014, 3:04:58 PM
dw charan, i personally hate the giant bunny fight. Its like you can run around in a small circle but he will be hitting you almost everytime, or you can run around further away but he might start some rain and then your screwed aswell. Absolutely annoying on my build that doesn't have surgeons staunching flask
l2p i face tank everything with 100% resists and lightning coil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVFnBniuK8&list=UUfr_OnbD7g8uPk0s_mjzZLQ

I dont have a video for this season yet gems arnt even 20 yet let alone 20/20 but i will

I have no skills so I have to rely on max mitigation and its very possible (max block or max resist) but some like mathil do uber glassy as hell.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1027037

Either-way learn to deal with it or perish.

Oh and D3 rifts are way fucking harder. There is no gear/build that does the higher rifts you got to party got to get lucky on Map draw everything still one shots. Least here there are options.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 30, 2014, 12:35:04 AM
"
Dominus form 1 is a failed attempt at making a stronger, more challenging Oversoul. Everything Oversoul got right, Dom form 1 gets wrong -- EXCEPT for the touch of god.

Charan agreeing with me on something, is a rare sight indeed :)

I have to face him again soon, this time on my self-found Freeze Pulse Shadow in Hardcore League.
so far, I've only managed to get one HC character past him - my Main melee Marauder - and that fight wasn't solo, nor is the character fully self-found.

going up against him in SC means at least one death for me, and usually to that Soul Stream.
and the fact my PC can't handle the fight's awful optimization and drops below 5 FPS frequently - doesn't help.
I've literally learned not to trust what I see, and instead "guess" what is actually happening Server-Side while my Client is in performance-imposed "bullet time".

though I can help you out in Standard, Charan.
I'm rather good at attracting his attention and dying, so other party members can take him down unharmed.

@Clive, a short damage burst that kills you before you can react, a combination of factors, call it what you like - but to me all of the above are collectively known as "one shot".
and "balancing" the damage assuming players log-out/AF4, is exactly like "balancing" the damage assuming players are Mark NeonSpyder, playing a full-godly-geared god-mode character: bullshit balance.

I have neither Neon's reflexes, nor Slayer's insane SSD-powered gaming rig, nor Mortezzah's crazy "face-tank everything" gear.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Sep 30, 2014, 12:43:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info