674 fusings, not a single 5L combination

"
Derpey wrote:
"
VMP wrote:
"
enaxion wrote:
vorici.

I thought exactly that after using 150. Now it's personal, between the fucking armor and me.

¬¬

Around 750+ Jeweler's now, at times I think the game just hates me
I can only imagine the amount of Fusings I'll have to use to get a 5L afterwards

I personally think some are cursed. Like i had a BotB, used 120 fuses, and nothing. Buy another BotB 5L in less then 10. if one isnt working, try another, lol.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Hmmm. I think you're being pessimistic.. I never party or scout them. Two characters one @79 one @86 this season and two master are at 7 already rest at 5-6. Play bout 20 hrs a week. Think I'll get one to 8 by seasons end. 7's all you need to 6L tho. I think 5 to 5L.

uh. 20 hrs a week is a _lot_.

really, it is.

i play about 10-12, and that's more than i should as far as i'm concerned, and you are _way_ ahead of me.
i don't have a single master even half way to seven.

this game is not casual friendly.

the masters are a great start, and they are useful at 5/6, so that's nice, but there's not way i'm getting even one of them to level 8. not without spending all my time doing that.

so i don't think that's pessimistic at all.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Derpey wrote:

I really wouldn't mind Vorici Crafting, if Masters could just be level'd as Self-Found, atm they really can't.
Else have fun resetting zones 24/7 until you get Masters, but then you barely even play the game anymore.

GGG really need justify this awful decision.

so true

the masters just turned into "lets make the game a complete joke for high level players and competent traders and give a tiny little buff to self found players to close this mile long gap weve just extended between them and the traders by an inch".

They got over excited and completely fucked up the entire thing.

Not like the game wasn't already a complete joke to the high level players and those with lots of experience in the game and know it inside and out. That said...par for the course in this game...the rich and those who can take advantage of things the fastest by whatever means possible (be they good, bad, shrewd, exploitative, or whatever) just keep right on savoring the richness served to them meal after meal.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Hmmm. I think you're being pessimistic.. I never party or scout them. Two characters one @79 one @86 this season and two master are at 7 already rest at 5-6. Play bout 20 hrs a week. Think I'll get one to 8 by seasons end. 7's all you need to 6L tho. I think 5 to 5L.

uh. 20 hrs a week is a _lot_.

really, it is.

i play about 10-12, and that's more than i should as far as i'm concerned, and you are _way_ ahead of me.
i don't have a single master even half way to seven.

this game is not casual friendly.

the masters are a great start, and they are useful at 5/6, so that's nice, but there's not way i'm getting even one of them to level 8. not without spending all my time doing that.

so i don't think that's pessimistic at all.

Well Im just comparing to when I was in school. could play like 80-100 hrs a week like many still can, lucky bastards. I agree it's not casual freindly will prolly sit out next season since they even got shorter and with master situation.
Git R Dun!
"
Alea wrote:
nice bad luck, usually ppl get 5L in 50-100 easy
150 vorici is the usual "50% tax"...

now "it's personal" like you said and you will certainly win this match soon ;)

:P Monte Carlo fallacy. He could spend another 674. That Armor has no memory. New dice roll each time. But yea odds are like 100:1 "should" win one every 100.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 29, 2014, 12:08:59 PM
"
morbo wrote:
In my experience (5Ld about 40 - 50 items during my stay here) it takes less than 100 fus on average. I had one insanely bad spike, with about 500 fus before I got a 5L.

Same here with similar sample size.

"
morbo wrote:
2.) If you have a decent amount of fuse or plan to 5L several items, then never 5L at Vorici, always try to gamble yourself. You can hit bad rng spikes, but those will be smoothed out with good rng spikes.

Agreed but I'd add another reason: The chance to get a 6l in the process.
solo/no trade player here

got extremely lucky on masters (i avg way above 50% occurrence rate in maps - and i run low level ones white) and have eleron 25% up to lvl8 with others halfway to 7

there is no chance in hell ill once again attempt linking instead of paying upfront. alts gather quickly (Esp when NOT rolling maps! these 'trash' orbs are valuable and add up quickly, very quickly)

ive gathered enough currency to 5l three items and 6s one just by running maps white. sure, quantity is good etc but who cares if one can breeze trough maps - try that. it is impossible to run out of 66-68 maps even running them white

"
sidtherat wrote:
solo/no trade player here...

...there is no chance in hell ill once again attempt linking instead of paying upfront...
I don't blame you. The Fusing Game is shit. I too am a solo player, and I am currently trying to complete a fresh play through of the game. I am at the end of A2 Merciless, and have yet to even consider consuming a Fusing Orb; they are simply anti-fun and I have no desire to partake anymore. I would rather be facing Merciles Dominus with all 3L and 2L items than have to consume Fusings to link stuff. I have similar feelings, but stronger, towards Jeweler's; they are the ultimate garbage Orb, imo.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
If you expect to 5L more than a few items, here's a stop-loss strategy that may reduce your costs in the long run. Assuming the odds to roll a 5L are about 1% (1:100):

1. Before each attempt to 5L, save up 220 Fusings.

2. Using a max of 70 Fusings, attempt to roll a 5L or better.

3. If that fails, use the remaining 150 Fusings on Vorici.

Over time, your average cost per 5L should be around 125 Fusings.

How this strategy works:

If the chance of rolling a 5L is 1:100, the odds of doing so in 70 rolls or less are about 50%. When these attempts succeed, the average number of rolls it will take is about 35. The other 50% of the time, the attempt to roll 5L will fail, and your total cost will be 70+150 = 220 Fusings. The average cost over time is then (35 + 220)/2 ~= 125 Fusings.
Sounds like a good way to minimize risk and psychological Gamblers chasing like OP did. I like it.

How would you handle 6L?

My plan is throw like 40 at it to see if I can hit a jackpot then just pay the piper.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 29, 2014, 5:50:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info