New Rip-Off Scheme (Lost 35 Exalts Today)

You've been played. This isn't a new scheme, though. One person with 2 accounts can play you like this.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Whatever, the scheme is out in the open, so keep alert. Pm me if u want the scammers info
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
"
olop4444 wrote:
Sell your 6L searing touch for 50 ex. Now you've made 15ex profit, all thanks to a "scammer".

You fail to understand why the con artist did so in the first place. Big ticket items don't always sell within a reasonable time frame, particularly the more niche ones like a 6L Searching Touch, which is undoubtedly why the individual performed such a scam in the first place. Everyone knows that that Searing Touch could sell for more than what he paid for it, but it will likely take a considerable amount of time.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
Thaelyn wrote:
"
levy42088 wrote:
Think I want to waste my time looking for a buyer? Until that staff is gone I am still 35 ex In the hole.

"
levy42088 wrote:
too lazy to find a buyer

oops
This isn't a new trend. This has been going on since the early days of Diablo 2, pre-Lord of Destruction Expansion. Where one trader XXX would have an item YYY wants, but YOU need to get the item from XXX for YYY and YYY will trade YOU what YOU want from YYY because XXX wont trade with YYY. You make the trade from XXX but then YYY and XXX leave.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
Tip: If it seems too good to be true, it is.
Last edited by archiadus on Sep 28, 2014, 9:18:52 PM
"
MajorThor wrote:
This isn't a new trend. This has been going on since the early days of Diablo 2, pre-Lord of Destruction Expansion. Where one trader XXX would have an item YYY wants, but YOU need to get the item from XXX for YYY and YYY will trade YOU what YOU want from YYY because XXX wont trade with YYY. You make the trade from XXX but then YYY and XXX leave.

This has probably existed long before computers. :)
"
levy42088 wrote:
Learn from it? How? Don't trade on trade chat? This isn't right, and he is ruining the integrity of the game. And naming and shaming isn't the same as warning other players. Naming and shaming, to me, means don't go here and say "ha ha I just beat him in a duel!! He sucks ass!!!

And in the 2 years playing path of exile I have not seen this done. Especially not one as thought out and deceptive as this. He should be banned by ggg, lets see what they have to say

They wont "say" anything. If you can't see what you should learn from this, you really shouldn't ever be given a credit card.
Sorry, but your freaking stupid if you think somebody with a hundred exalt item doesn't use/doesn't know what xyz is. Sorry you got scammed but this is an old one its been around in rpgs forever. Learn from it and think a little harder next time.
A pair of acuitys that go for ~200ex and a staff that goes for ~35ex.

A guy who want to trade the first item for the other - taking a loss of ~165ex

A guy who wants to gain ~165ex.

He might have scammed you, but honestly you got greedy, and when you get greedy you usually get taken :)
Still sane exile?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info