New Rip-Off Scheme (Lost 35 Exalts Today)

Its still not much of a rip off, you paid a pretty fair price. (depending on rolls of course)
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
Last edited by Eternallight on Sep 28, 2014, 8:19:56 PM
I'm amazed you thought buying a 6l Searing Touch for 35 exalts was a good idea, regardless of the trade for trade potential.

I'm really hoping my reading comprehension is failing me though on this one.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Sep 28, 2014, 8:19:07 PM
Oh boy.........here we go again.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Oh yea, so greedy buying my friend a pair of gloves. I'm such an asshole.

The way the game is you have to be fast or else someone else will take it, been there as well. And it was well thought out. I just wasn't expecting him to strait up lie to my face. Say hey if u give me this I will give you this. I say here it is, and he chuckles like a loser? Doesn't make any sense.

I also was helping the guy out of a rut. I have been In that spot, wanting to change builds but all my money is tied up.
It wasn't even that great of a deal. Searing touch is 50ex, and I've seen acuity go as low as 75. So in my eyes he just didn't want to look. Which = laziness
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
This is one time I'm kind of glad some type of scamming exists. Stop trying to flip items and just play the game. And don't try to guilt me in to feeling bad for you before I even get to why you're angry or I'm just going to feel like you are suckering me, too.
"
levy42088 wrote:
Oh yea, so greedy buying my friend a pair of gloves. I'm such an asshole.

The way the game is you have to be fast or else someone else will take it, been there as well. And it was well thought out. I just wasn't expecting him to strait up lie to my face. Say hey if u give me this I will give you this. I say here it is, and he chuckles like a loser? Doesn't make any sense.

I also was helping the guy out of a rut. I have been In that spot, wanting to change builds but all my money is tied up.
It wasn't even that great of a deal. Searing touch is 50ex, and I've seen acuity go as low as 75. So in my eyes he just didn't want to look. Which = laziness

If in your eyes, searing touch is 50 ex, and you got it for 35 ex, YOU DIDNT GET RIPPED OFF.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
lol u kind of deserved this. u clearly knew the acuity guy could sell his gloves for 100+ ex in 1 second1 and buy a 6l st in 0.5 seconds for 50 ex, but u played on greed.

look this happened to me many years ago in diablo 2. like others said, learn ur lesson, dont be greedy, if something is too good 2 be true then IT IS. there's no free lunch in this world.
Like I said, the guy was prolly too lazy to sell his gloves then find a seller to buy a 6l searing touch, if a person is doing trades like that using trade chat, they most likely don't know how to use poe.xyz. Which is totally ok, they just have to pay a little extra for the convenience.

And I did get ripped off because wtf am I going to do with a searing touch!?! I only play my aegis block build marauder!! I can't even use the acuity gloves!
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
Last edited by levy42088 on Sep 28, 2014, 8:34:45 PM
sorry for your lost but that is probably one of the oldest scam tactics in gaming history. Whether if the other person advertised the searing touch in trade or put it on PoE xyz for people to look for.
It's part of the risk when acting as a broker. You're fortunate it was just pixels and not real world dough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info