New Rip-Off Scheme (Lost 35 Exalts Today)

To Opinionated:

Karma is what we call it here in America. Think of every American magazine, newspaper, television commercial. Never seen it spelled differently than KARMA. Even forum sites say KARMA. Sorry if we got it wrong, but then you have something against my whole country, not just me.

And this whole greed argument is stupid. You would call anyone greedy for any reason. Buying a shav's even though you have no use for it, is greedy, because you don't NEED it, but you would like to have one. Really, if someone wants another other than food, water, and shelter is a greedy basturd.

You need to rethink your definition of "greed" because now your just saying anyone looking at the Sunday circulars are greedy, because they should just pay full price and not buy something because its $20 off. Obviously your not "Getting one over on the big box stores". So rethink your statements.

It was a good deal, not some super crazy 'omg Im going to scam a noob' deal, which I wouldn't do, or I would give them a heads up on the values. Obviously he was not a noob because he was looking for a specific item he needed for his specific build. And obviously he was not a noob because he had the gloves in the first place.

I was not trying to "Get one over" on anyone. I was normal guy, sitting in town. Saw someone looking for a 6L searing touch. I looked up on poe.xyz to see if its worth getting the item for him. And it seemed like a decent trade, nothing really crazy, so I continued.

I was not expecting for him to be lying through his teeth. If you don't want to trade something, then why spend the effort of putting it in trade chat.

Once again, Send me a message for the character name and his account name. Got both.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
Last edited by levy42088 on Sep 29, 2014, 2:28:53 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not new. Not even surprising. You got took.

Learn from it.

Indeed it's not new.

Also aren't those gloves like 150+ exalts ? And you wanted to get them for 35. "If it sounds too good to be true then it most probably isn't true" is a pretty good rule to go by.
Last edited by TGeorge on Sep 29, 2014, 2:51:07 PM
They are 75ex - 100ex in standard.

6L Searing Touch on Poe.XYZ is 50 exa

so really wasnt that great to not be true.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
It seems like you tried to out-scam the scammer by trading an item worth significantly less than the item he was trading which backfired when he obviously didn't want to sell. Think you need to work on your scamming... You didn't have to buy anything, you chose to buy the 6L searing touch to essentially scam this guy out of his gloves which are worth much more.
"
levy42088 wrote:
They are 75ex - 100ex in standard.

6L Searing Touch on Poe.XYZ is 50 exa

so really wasnt that great to not be true.

Are you sure about that?

A quick check on poe.xyz and after ordering by price 1 mirror and 170 exalted are the cheapest.
"
TGeorge wrote:

Are you sure about that?

A quick check on poe.xyz and after ordering by price 1 mirror and 170 exalted are the cheapest.

And the '50 exa Searing Touch' was easily bought for 35...
"
Opinionated wrote:

1. It is Kamma not Karma. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

Wrong.
Kamma is Pali for ( wait for it) karma.
The word is used in north America, and spelled "karma".
The guy used it properly, and in the proper context. I'd use a word for what you're doing here, but a mod would remove it.
Suffice to say...gimme a break. You know what he meant.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Sep 29, 2014, 3:20:03 PM
"
AerieSS933 wrote:
"
TGeorge wrote:

Are you sure about that?

And the '50 exa Searing Touch' was easily bought for 35...

OP confirmed as a scammer. :P
"
New
that's one of the oldest scams in the book.
Oblivious
Hmm, would he trade for mine?
kiwi nation

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info