New Rip-Off Scheme (Lost 35 Exalts Today)

"
holocaustus wrote:
lol@OP

Nothing new about this. People have been profiteering from others' greed and stupidity since time immemorial.

Bonus lulz though for OP trying to play the good Samaritan.

Pyramid schemes come to mind. There are scams and there are [removed] traps.
Once again, this is on Standard.

6L Searing Touch > Poe.xyz buyout for 50ex at the time
Atziri Acuity > Seen as low as 75ex

Difference is about 25EX, seemed a fair reward for being too lazy to learn how to use poe.xyz.

That really isn't that bad. Someone wanted to do a build swap. I have done these for people in the past.

People trade Shav's for Mjolner all the time. Technically a legacy shavs is worth 150, and the Mjolner is 100, but when it gets to that level its not about the monetary value of the item.

It is the same argument. A Niche Top Tier Unique Item for another Niche Top Tier Unique Item.

Did I get robbed? Yes. This game is about seeing a good deal in trade chat, and pouncing on it before someone else does. I was just playing the game how its meant to be played. The Scammer, was not. He just strait up lied, and created a second account to make me think it was all gravy. This is not what GGG had in mind when they decided to allow multiple accounts.

And just to let you all know, you would be surprised how many high level players don't know how to use Poe.xyz, or the forums to put up shops, or procurement. Just because you know how to do it, and you know how easy it is to do, doesn't mean that people have not taken the steps to learn.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
"
levy42088 wrote:
Once again, this is on Standard.

6L Searing Touch > Poe.xyz buyout for 50ex at the time
Atziri Acuity > Seen as low as 75ex

Difference is about 25EX, seemed a fair reward for being too lazy to learn how to use poe.xyz.

That really isn't that bad. Someone wanted to do a build swap. I have done these for people in the past.

People trade Shav's for Mjolner all the time. Technically a legacy shavs is worth 150, and the Mjolner is 100, but when it gets to that level its not about the monetary value of the item.

It is the same argument. A Niche Top Tier Unique Item for another Niche Top Tier Unique Item.

Did I get robbed? Yes. This game is about seeing a good deal in trade chat, and pouncing on it before someone else does. I was just playing the game how its meant to be played. The Scammer, was not. He just strait up lied, and created a second account to make me think it was all gravy. This is not what GGG had in mind when they decided to allow multiple accounts.

And just to let you all know, you would be surprised how many high level players don't know how to use Poe.xyz, or the forums to put up shops, or procurement. Just because you know how to do it, and you know how easy it is to do, doesn't mean that people have not taken the steps to learn.

HAHA, Standard. Where everyone either has enough orbs already or can ask for dem orbs. lol. Gotta be kitten me.
"
levy42088 wrote:
Learn from it? How? Don't trade on trade chat? This isn't right, and he is ruining the integrity of the game. And naming and shaming isn't the same as warning other players. Naming and shaming, to me, means don't go here and say "ha ha I just beat him in a duel!! He sucks ass!!!

And in the 2 years playing path of exile I have not seen this done. Especially not one as thought out and deceptive as this. He should be banned by ggg, lets see what they have to say

It doesn't matter what it means to you, what matters is what it means to GGG.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
In PoE, being an item/orb tycoon is all about separating 'customers' from their 'wealth'.

You were outplayed.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
"
mazul wrote:
"
levy42088 wrote:
Learn from it? How? Don't trade on trade chat? This isn't right, and he is ruining the integrity of the game. And naming and shaming isn't the same as warning other players. Naming and shaming, to me, means don't go here and say "ha ha I just beat him in a duel!! He sucks ass!!!

And in the 2 years playing path of exile I have not seen this done. Especially not one as thought out and deceptive as this. He should be banned by ggg, lets see what they have to say

It doesn't matter what it means to you, what matters is what it means to GGG.

Hes talking about integrity. In a pixel for pixel based game. He lost it completely. Lol.
"
holocaustus wrote:
lol@OP

Nothing new about this. People have been profiteering from others' greed and stupidity since time immemorial.

Pro tip: "the good Samaritan" refers the case where you help someone you normally dislike. Samaritans and Jews were known to dislike each other, yet the Samaritan helped the Jew.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I still don't see how you lost 35 exalts.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
All a result of PoEs dark age economy, we need a real trading system or better yet an auction house

Peace,

-Boem-
I dont see any any key!
"
mazul wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
lol@OP

Pro tip: "the good Samaritan" refers the case where you help someone you normally dislike. Samaritans and Jews were known to dislike each other, yet the Samaritan helped the Jew.

I always thought Samaritan was Samuel L. Jackson in Die Hard 3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info