Skills that are still terrible.

Idk, i don't find Sweep useless... I don't find it worth building around on its own really, but it serves me reasonably as an occasional triggering attack in my Bloodrage/Flickerstrike build. I've used it tied to CoMK with defensive spells to quickly pick off kills on weak mobs, triggering things like Enduring Cry/Immortal Call or Molten Shell in a more at-will means than relying on CwDT. I could see using it to spread curses around in a similar manner with CoH, although there's no 'melee attack' restriction for CoH so there's probably better options.

I tried using Leap Slam in that same capacity, but the damage point comes too noticeably later and the hitbox is a fair bit smaller, and as I use a 2H Axe for that I can't use Ground Slam (the hitbox isn't as useful for the positioning FS puts me in anyway).

Like I said, I don't think I'd build around it, but it's served me well as a triggering mech on a non-crit character.
Last edited by Shppy on Sep 28, 2014, 8:20:06 PM
Just leveled a WOE+BOR duelist over the weekend switching back-and-forth between cleave+conc and dual+splash along the way, i can say without a doubt dual+splash is faster at clearing. cleave with conc makes your aoe size minimal with only a cone in front of you, so you get kited and have to single target down magic monsters while your multistrikes whiff because the mob took a step away from you, while dual+splash you just leap slam in and kill the whole pack without moving.

just hit lvl 67 and put the skills into a BOR.

cleave + conc + multistrike + added fire - 25k tooltip dps
dual + splash + multistrike + added fire - 18k tooltip dps
dual + wep ele + multistrike + added fire - 25k tooltip dps

so by gem swapping for single target act/map bosses dual strike is at the same dps, while still being way faster (better) at aoe. and if you swap conc to increased aoe for trash packs then the cleave dps drops like a rock and youre still limited to a cone in front of you. long story short, i wont be going back to cleave, chasing around a hasted snake rare with a conc-reduced weapon range is the opposite of fun.
@Rimez

You're using the wrong supports. Conc should only be used as a 6th link when you have AoE elsewhere(carcass+tree). At that point AoE will be quite massive if you use AoE gem. You're also using the wrong supports with dualstrike.

Will list priorities: skill + multistrike + melee physical damage + faster attacks(splash if dualstrike)+ added fire + conc/aoe for cleave and WED for dualstrike. So you're missing melee physical which is a huge damage multiplier.

The end result is that you'll get pretty much the same amount of DPS if you use AoE with cleave compared to splash with dualstrike but it will have a far bigger range. Conc effect just makes it a much better single target(for bosses/atziri) and is generally better in groups.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 29, 2014, 8:48:52 PM
I really want to try a build centered around shield charge now...
"
kasub wrote:
@Rimez

You're using the wrong supports. Conc should only be used as a 6th link when you have AoE elsewhere(carcass+tree). At that point AoE will be quite massive if you use AoE gem. You're also using the wrong supports with dualstrike.

Will list priorities: skill + multistrike + melee physical damage + faster attacks(splash if dualstrike)+ added fire + conc/aoe for cleave and WED for dualstrike. So you're missing melee physical which is a huge damage multiplier.

The end result is that you'll get pretty much the same amount of DPS if you use AoE with cleave compared to splash with dualstrike but it will have a far bigger range. Conc effect just makes it a much better single target(for bosses/atziri) and is generally better in groups.

they are in a BOR (bringer of rain), it has melee physical+faster attacks+blind built into the item, the skills are essentially 7 linked.

Last edited by Rimez on Sep 30, 2014, 12:48:42 AM
"
lemonades wrote:
Sheild charge needs to pull targets you hit.
Allowing you to puncture someone and drag their bleeding body along.

Yes?

Totally yes!! ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
"
terrex wrote:
"

Played a duelist to 90 with dualstrike and a 6l. Played this other duelist to mid 80's with cleave and it's way faster and as I said WITH same setup dualstrike+splash is slower by a margine

I don't get why you are posting defending it with the way you are. With that much dps any melee skill will kill just as fast, you just need to get to monsters quicker lol. Cleave does nothing special any other melee ability wont do with that much damage. So you literally are posting saying "with 175k i can kill fast with any melee ability"

This makes absolute sense. :)

What makes absolutely no sense is you arguing over how "bad" cleave is with people that actually use cleave and have no issues with it.

It is like saying that all porsche´s are shit cause koenigsegg is indeed faster.

Swallow your pride and move on - dont be a elitist *****.
"
Rimez wrote:
cleave with conc makes your aoe size minimal with only a cone in front of you,.

A half-circle is not a cone.

Furthermore, when you leap slam with Cleave, you shouldn't leap slap into the middle of the pack (like you do with dual-strike), you leap slam such that the half-circle hits as many targets possible.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Sep 30, 2014, 2:45:19 AM
ok lets do this...

ice nova - rly nice skill got a lvl 72 crit ice nova shadow! warp in with: warp + reduced duration + curse on hit + frostbite // aura herald of ice // the whole screen shatters

shield charge... yeah... idk havent seen a build so far...

animate guardian... since beta i dont like it

punishment... pvp gem imo or the new tank disco build but otherwise...

shock nova - WHY IS A HOLE THERE?! i want my "nova" sorc back >.>

smoke mine - havent seen any use so far...

traps - i like them all... ppl who dont like them dont know how to play imo...
except conversion trap!

firestorm - is a really nice skill... fencoil: firestorm + multitraps + firepen
this is still carrying my firetrap witch (lvl 60+)

auras - all fine imo

"
XRacKS wrote:

smoke mine - havent seen any use so far...

Smoke mine has two uses that justifies its current state:

1. It is a safe way to escape spike damage when opening boxes.
2. It is a great versus cruel dominus' second form, which is actually the hardest part of leveling up to reach maps when you play a challenge league (which are the main focus of GGG and this game).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info