Skills that are still terrible.

"
mazul wrote:

The range of q20 melee splash is 12*(1 + 0.2) = 14.4

Cleave radius is tiny. I don't care what numbers you want to throw around. Try it out yourself, enjoy the punishment.
Reave is horrible, is just Weak.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
"
Kandamo wrote:
Reave is horrible, is just Weak.

Seems like somebody wants their used Skill buffed for some weird reason, it's fine in its current state, does what it's suposed to.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Every few months, I start planning a staff Templar with all those juicy staff nodes (if they are still there, not checked in 1.2) with the intention of using Sweep, and it never pans out. I'd really like to do this one day,

I'd also love to play a lightning nova "sorceress" (here: Shock Nova), but the dead zone just ruins that entirely.
"
Mivo wrote:
Every few months, I start planning a staff Templar with all those juicy staff nodes (if they are still there, not checked in 1.2) with the intention of using Sweep, and it never pans out. I'd really like to do this one day,

I'd also love to play a lightning nova "sorceress" (here: Shock Nova), but the dead zone just ruins that entirely.

Tbh, most of the Staff Nodes flat out sucks, in exception of Whirling Barrier for obvious reasons.

You'll quickly see most Staff Builds uses the Pillar of the Caged God, but then you just stack Strength 24/7, Hegemony's Era is just a dumb design in my book, another example of Best in Slot Uniques being made, downgrading Rares too hard.
"
terrex wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Cleave radius is tiny. I don't care what numbers you want to throw around. Try it out yourself, enjoy the punishment.

I am trying it out myself and been using since the start of the league. I'm not sure what you're debating since dualstrike melee splash is outright worse rangewise. I actually do use carcass and 1 AoE node that makes conc effect range quite adequate.

Do note that the damage from conc effect is not even something dualstrike has access to. If I use AoE with cleave instead of conc I end up hitting enemies half a screen away which is not something dualstrike can ever do.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 28, 2014, 9:25:07 AM
"
terrex wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Your "feeling" is based on desynched states and non-perfect visual feedback. My numbers are based on facts from GGG:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707/page/226#p5041495
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
kasub wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

I am trying it out myself and been using since the start of the league. I'm not sure what you're debating since dualstrike melee splash is outright worse rangewise. I actually do use carcass and 1 AoE node that makes conc effect range quite adequate.

Do note that the damage from conc effect is not even something dualstrike has access to. If I use AoE with cleave instead of conc I end up hitting enemies half a screen away which is not something dualstrike can ever do.

Yet Reave is still better.
"
kasub wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

Cleave partially hits around you, it might have a bit more range but enjoy hitting 6 monsters at once in a small cone.

Also with multistrike it's just a disaster. Functionality > your fancy numbers.
"

Yet Reave is still better.

I actually dislike reave when I used it lack league but it did get changed I guess. It's also different weapon requirements so no need to compare.

@Terrex Cleave allows you not to be in the middle of groups. I find that functionally superior.

It's good that there is choices among skills though, just calling cleave bad is wrong. Always nice that we can have differing opinions on what to use with the same build.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 28, 2014, 9:34:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info