Reflect needs a rework

Playing Flameblast and Arc crit reflect is not a problem since i just adapted my self.
And i have ranger whit rain of arrow, never get killed by reflect.

-block
-Life leech
-Totem
-Mine
-Trap
-Alternate weapon/skill
-less dps more defense.

is more than enough.

Normally you should take a least one or two reflect..
If you get OS, your are doing something wrong.
You are using grace and ondars, right?

E: and to reach 95% crit, you're using rats nest? Malis?
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Sep 27, 2014, 4:12:32 PM
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:
I'm currently running a 100% Puncture build, with a 280 DPS bow, 95% crit, and 555% crit multi.

And seriously... reflect is just a broken mechanic.

...and so is your build. GGG, no amount of reflect can "balance" such outrageous levels of crit.
"
Nervantoss wrote:
If you get OS, your are doing something wrong.

"
RogueMage wrote:
...and so is your build. GGG, no amount of reflect can "balance" such outrageous levels of crit.

Crit from the tree (all hybrid crit nodes I should add--I didn't even spec into pure crit multi ones), gear, and a gem. They're the resources given to you to make a crit build in this game. And I don't even have a godly bow, just average. This is all I use.

Spoiler

Mobs should not one-shot you--GGG has understood this and in the last 6 or so months balanced most mobs in the game to not have such insane and unfair damage.

So why should reflect?

Edit:

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
You are using grace and ondars, right?

Grace, Ondar's, and Acrobatics. It helps but things still go through.
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Sep 27, 2014, 5:44:24 PM
"
Lord_Kamster wrote:

Mobs should not one-shot you--GGG has understood this and in the last 6 or so months balanced most mobs in the game to not have such insane and unfair damage.

So why should reflect?

Because mob damage is not something the player can control. Reflect damage is though.

High crit + high multi is much less an issue against off-screen reflect mobs if you don't have crazy high pierce as well. You can't have it all!

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
So you spec an insane damage build that can kill stuff so far away you can't see it, and then complain about reflect?

This game has ways to deal with everything. You just need to use them. Mitigating physical damage projectile attacks isn't that hard. Evasion and Ondar's Guile. Armour raised with Granite Flasks of Iron Skin. Endurance charges and Immortal Call. An alternate attack or a proxy attack like totems or traps.

In your case there is one that's easier than all the rest (Assuming you are applying Puncture with a bow since you are hitting stuff offscreen). Point Blank. You will never kill yourself again when you Pierce and Chain your attacks to monsters off your screen.

Or you could just complain that it's a bad game that makes you be aware of what you're hitting.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Doesn't Ondar's make you all but immune to reflected projectiles as soon as you have 50%+ eva?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
Doesn't Ondar's make you all but immune to reflected projectiles as soon as you have 50%+ eva?

Haha fuck no I wish this shit fucking hurts.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'd like to see the lore reasoning for reflect's existence.

If a god strikes a creature that has reflect, with an attack that deals infinite damage, does the god die?
Yes.
Yes it would.

But why, and should it be that way?

Magic should have a limitation, and a reason for existing, and a method of working.

And unblockable reflect damage outside melee seems very dubious, from a "fantasy logic" perspective.

Fireball:
Reason: Magic exists, and it's possible to channel / spend / convert mana into the element of fire
Method: The caster conjures an explosive ball of fire, and hurls it forth. It explodes on impact.
Limitation: It deals damage based on the skill level and has a cost limiting who can cast it and how many times it can be cast.

Reflect damage:
Reason: Trollolol
Method: Eh. [metagaming] A script in the game engine tracks the dealer of damage and deals damage based on the damage dealt?[/metagaming]
Limitation: Eh... None? Wait. The damage dealt by the source of the damage the monster takes!

I mean: TRY to defend it's existence as anything else than a god's aura -- and even if a god had such an aura, it would most likely a god of purity (disrupting it's purity backlashes), fate (what you do to fate reflects to you), hate (because this gods HATES you) or retribution (what goes around comes around).
"
mark1030 wrote:
So you spec an insane damage build that can kill stuff so far away you can't see it, and then complain about reflect?

This game has ways to deal with everything. You just need to use them. Mitigating physical damage projectile attacks isn't that hard. Evasion and Ondar's Guile. Armour raised with Granite Flasks of Iron Skin. Endurance charges and Immortal Call. An alternate attack or a proxy attack like totems or traps.

In your case there is one that's easier than all the rest (Assuming you are applying Puncture with a bow since you are hitting stuff offscreen). Point Blank. You will never kill yourself again when you Pierce and Chain your attacks to monsters off your screen.

Or you could just complain that it's a bad game that makes you be aware of what you're hitting.

How about having monsters that block projectiles?
How about adding high armor enemies -- and single target attacks that pierce armor, so that physical isn't useless versus them?
How about limiting the range of AoE projectiles like Tornado Shot?
How about making monsters that get hit activate aggro?

How about NOT allowing damage to scale exponentially too easily?

My bowazon in Diablo 2 is a glass cannon.
She deals 10 000 damage with a might mercenary and a Faith Colossus Crossbow.
That's not a lot of damage considering that she doesn't survive one second in melee.
She does not clear the screen ahead with her multishot, unless it's an open area and I spam the button for ten seconds before advancing.
She cannot clear the Worldstone Keep, because enemy ranged mobs, and fast moving melee monsters, is too difficult to handle.

And why is she a glass cannon?
Because she picked up 500 dexterity instead of 500 vitality.
Which suggests that damage nodes in Path of Exile is too effective, if glass cannons become too effective compared to life builds.
Except that glass cannons already become useless versus bosses.
I died 40 times versus Dominus because my glass cannon could not stand in the blood rain nor inside the sphere.
Last edited by Red_Frostraven on Sep 27, 2014, 8:43:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info