2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

Would I still grab EE if I am doing the standard version of this build?
I'm currently testing this in Beta, although I don't consider myself a pro at path of exile or anything, it just looked fun and I hadn't played in a year or so, this convinced me to play again.

As for EE, I would get it for sure, it helps with your damage a ton if you have a way to apply non-lightning damage to your enemies, makes the discharges hit like trucks. I specced and noticed a huge difference in my kill speed.
Flashback IGN: Exalsted
How is clear speed going in beta? And survivability?

I would probably stay away from ondars with being in melee all the time. ..

I might test this out next wipe - I ran it for my first character in torment and it was thr fastest I've ever gotten to 85.
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
"
ElPuppet wrote:
How is clear speed going in beta? And survivability?

I would probably stay away from ondars with being in melee all the time. ..

I might test this out next wipe - I ran it for my first character in torment and it was thr fastest I've ever gotten to 85.

ATM in leveling a char forma test a build similar to this. I say similar because I wanted to see if I could make a version of this build without BM. With new cyclone mana costs I think it will be possibile
My gf and I are looking at leveling fakeners together for this 1 month league, with a mild change of grabbing Conduit (because we're playing together... double charges for BIGGER EXPLOSIONS!)

Which lightning spell would be better for leveling this build (since this build doesn't function until 60-ish), arc or ball lightning?

From what I can tell, 4L best setup would be CoC/Cyclone/Life Leech/Discharge and simply not reserve mana - have to avoid reflect packs though. 5L allows Blood Magic so you can reserve purities to not die to reflect...

My question is: with new league, voll's devotion 100% not available - worth using Warlord's mark for endurance charges and more leech or no? If yes, put on CWDT? or curse on hit + vengeance/reckoning/herald of thunder? I know it'll be lower damage than Assassin's Mark.

If no, would it be worth running Blood Rage to generate frenzy charges and nuke lightning/cold instead of lightning/fire? Obviously would need some chaos resist if I do this.
"
JaxOmen wrote:
My gf and I are looking at leveling fakeners together for this 1 month league, with a mild change of grabbing Conduit (because we're playing together... double charges for BIGGER EXPLOSIONS!)

Which lightning spell would be better for leveling this build (since this build doesn't function until 60-ish), arc or ball lightning?

From what I can tell, 4L best setup would be CoC/Cyclone/Life Leech/Discharge and simply not reserve mana - have to avoid reflect packs though. 5L allows Blood Magic so you can reserve purities to not die to reflect...

My question is: with new league, voll's devotion 100% not available - worth using Warlord's mark for endurance charges and more leech or no? If yes, put on CWDT? or curse on hit + vengeance/reckoning/herald of thunder? I know it'll be lower damage than Assassin's Mark.

If no, would it be worth running Blood Rage to generate frenzy charges and nuke lightning/cold instead of lightning/fire? Obviously would need some chaos resist if I do this.

I will try that, too and would also appreciate advice for leveling this spec!

Stay Super!

EDIT/ UPDATE:

So I am currently lvl 47 in the 1MFB HC event and tried some stuff:

- so far I did not die, but I think that is because I am lvling with a friend and he is carrying me quite a bit
- I started off with reave and it was pretty ok until end of A3N/ beginning A1C
- beginning A1C I tried using Ball Lightning (Ball Lightning - Lightning Pen) and it was awefull... maybe if I would have better links like faster casting/ spell echo or slower proj it would ve been better.
- mid cruel I picked up a mightflay and continued using reave and also vaal reave and it turned out pretty smooth.
- I managed to get a Voll's Protector and 4L it and tried my first bit of fakening :D!!! Unfortunately I am lacking way too much crit chance yet and a decent crit dagger so right now I will continue with reaveing my way through Merc and hopefully can swap then.

Hope this is of use to you my fellowfakeners! and as always:

Stay Super!
Last edited by I3lack_D_Ice on May 12, 2015, 5:55:39 AM
Up to the mid-70s now in 1MSC.

Conduit with two fakeners is INSANE. Perma-5-charge-explosions. We got vagan daggers and have >90% crit on cyclone with 5 charges.

The amount we discharge is ridiculously higher when we play together than apart. It is awesome.

getting two 5L Voll's Protectors in the first week was tough, two lucky exalt drops got us enough fusings to do it though.

Decided to skip Warlord's Mark, assassin's mark just improves the feel of the spec too much to pass up. Since we're doing this together, we skipped EE and are just running Curse on Hit Herald of Thunder to apply Assassin's mark.

Only threats so far once we started fakening have been a couple OP invasion bosses (the double reflect spike guy who fire novas, for example, is completely impossible) and huge single melee hits (giant skellies with big physical damage rare mod for example).
I will test the build on beta replacing Cyclone with Ice crash so I won't need Ice Nova anymore. Since Ice Crash has a low mana cost (now Cyclone has 12 mana too) I will keep the gem at lvl3 and taking red. mana nodes and Elreon's ring I will have 0 mana cost.

This is my planned skill tree

Edit: that sucks lol, so low atk speed because of the 2h weapon required
Last edited by Frollino on May 22, 2015, 5:24:13 PM
What best aura setup is optimal for the beta?

Wrath + Herald Thunder + Herald of Ice (Using EE)

or

PoL + Grace + Herald of Thunder (Grabbing some mana reserved nodes in tree)

Im not sure if the extra damage from heralds/wrath would benefit it, or is having the PoL and Grace necessary to stay alive.
Last edited by Expo95 on May 22, 2015, 3:33:43 PM
"
Expo95 wrote:
What best aura setup is optimal for the beta?

Wrath + Herald Thunder + Herald of Ice (Using EE)

or

PoL + Grace + Herald of Thunder (Grabbing some mana reserved nodes in tree)

Im not sure if the extra damage from heralds/wrath would benefit it, or is having the PoL and Grace necessary to stay alive.

I think that with the 1st setup you will explode at first ele-reflect mob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info