2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

Just showcasing my dagger. Yesterday it still was T1 spd, T1 spell crit and T1 crit. I had some ex lying around so decided to imprint this and exalt. Lightning dmg appeared. At this point i said fuck it and yolo-exalted it twice. First gave Fire dmg, and the second... perfect attack speed... So sad I didn't get it with the first :(
D2 4ever ;)
Since 2011
Mathil, on the gems and gem setup you have different 6L(didnt see the rest) than what you have in the end game gear 6L, which one should I follow if I can afford it? and if I go for the gems showed in the end game gear with the leech gem, should I go for the vaal pact passive(instant leech) which is only like 2 points outside of the tree you have?
I tried it out with both Voll's and Romira's and Voll's did much much more damage by far. So I bought a 5L Voll's xD The build works out nicely otherwise. Thanks for an awesome build <3 Love chu, Mathil! Keep the vids goin'
Quality before quantity.
noob question: how can u craft the attack speed mod on your gloves xD

I have searched on poe wiki but it said that gloves can't be crafted with attack speed, but where does the attack speed mod in his current gear's glove come from ?
Last edited by vandon92 on Nov 2, 2014, 11:27:32 AM
"
vandon92 wrote:
noob question: how can u craft the attack speed mod on your gloves xD

I have searched on poe wiki but it said that gloves can't be crafted with attack speed, but where does the attack speed mod in his current gear's glove come from ?

Actually gloves can get up to 15% (maybe 16% ?) attack speed. It's a pretty common and useful mod.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
thank you for this build. enjoying it so much. currently sitting @ level 63.

QUESTION:

is it okay to use vaal pact here? having trouble keeping up with DOT's like corrupted blood or poison.
I must say thank you for this wonderful build.
I've always wanted to build around discharge.

This build is so strong, currently lvling at 70 and just wrecks the maps.

altho i got abit slow dagger but i like it, whatcha guys think?

So I recently did a ton of testing with various iterations of this build and came to a few conclusions I thought would be helpful for everybody else.

I originally rolled this character because I found a Bino's and had the currency to buy a 5L Voll's sitting around in Rampage. I leveled as cast on crit molten strike using Ungil's and then Mightflay up until Bino's at 65. I died a lot, but leveling was still decently quick because I was typically leveling in areas 6-8 levels above me. Mightflay became very ineffective around level 53+... Anyway, it was pretty difficult relying on evasion before I got some of my endgame pieces, because I neglected a lot of def nodes for the crit I need to DPS. I maintained BM cyclone mostly on flasks alone, but I could use the Bino's I could easily sustain the costs of cyclone, despite lower than expected regen (mostly because Bino's gives more regen for bigger physical hits versus small, fast cyclone hits). 60-70 my biggest issues were being one-shotted by physical damage, especially when cursed, and chaos damage. My life throughout those levels hovered around 2,200 and I didn't really start investing heavily in health until the late 70s when random deaths to big hits really started to hinder my leveling progress.

The gear base I started these experiments with:
Spoiler

I tried a ton of different setups in search of something that could handle random elemental reflect packs AND still survive all the physical damage I was taking. I spent oodles of currency rerolling rings to cap my resists, chromes to recolor all the gear I was swapping in and out, regrets to respec, etc, all looking for the right combination. Deaths came from certain exiles (summoner w/ instability still gets me, due to the sheer amount of unavoidable fire damage, followed by the resolute technique exile), some bosses like map Brutus, as well as elemental reflect and, of course, desync.

For a few levels I ran Righteous Fire/Rise of the Phoenix/Bino's, but without the points to go heavily into life and regen on the tree, RF didn't seem worth it for the total stress it added to the build. Sure, it was fun sustaining the degen and it probably sped up my clears, but it made reflect even more of a death sentence and trash can't really die faster than being one-shotted anyway. At some point I switched it up to Saffel's Frame and sustained RF completely on Bino's proc/lit leech, but then I had issues with physical and stun lock on 75+ maps. I switched points around, played with all sorts of different shields, did the full belt of ruby flasks thing-- It worked, and RF is fun (I still want to make a dedicated RF build at some point), but I like to space out when I play and going RF meant I had to be on point with my flasks all the time. And, at the end of the day, if I even so much as clipped the shoulder of a Reflect pack with a flame surge I'd die. It was fun, marginally effective, but I ultimately moved on.

Next I tried the non-RF, Saffel's Frame (still using Bino's) w/ Rainbowstrides combination, along with Stone of Lazhwar for a lot of spell block w/ Purity of Lightning. Reflect was still a no go. Cycloning into a reflecting pack was death. I could sometimes handle it with Topaz up, but I could still easily RIP on high life golem packs with the flask up and reflect maps (aka chance of double reflect) were a non-starter despite some confidence that Saffel's would make reflect safe enough to tackle. It didn't. I had to go deeper.

Back and forth throughout the whole thing, I'd been using a rathpith globe on and off when the other shields I was testing with failed me in some way. It's got all the things fakener needs, including life, spell damage, block and spell block, and some extra lightning resist as well. I had more life with it, but as you'd expect, increasing spell damage meant increased reflected damage, so fast solo clears were awesome, but running zana dailies in groups was impossible, because there was always a reflect pack I'd miss in the chaos of the daily and one-shot myself.

At that point I was ready to concede that I would never be able to do reflect maps/mobs and that I'd have to do my dailies on my SRS witch-- so I did what any man would do when faced with desperation... Gamble!

Earlier in the thread someone claimed to have chanced a Voll's Devotion using an Agate Amulet they brought into a league-crafted map, so I'd been idly collecting and buying Agate Amulets from the vendors, as well as saving my Chances and Scourings for a rainy day. Faced with desperation, I went online and looked up the currency rates... To improve and reach the next step of the build I needed to either buy fusings and 6L my Voll's, switch out Bino's and significantly modify my passive tree, or chance a Voll's Devotion and shake up all the rest of my gear/defensive spec. All of these options seemed ridiculously expensive, but I figured that the easiest thing to do would be to just roll an Onslaught map with my last bit of loose change chaos and blow all my Chances on Agates. Desperate times called for desperate measures, so I yolo'd and rolled a magic Onslaught map with about 50 chance and scouring orbs along with 10 or so agate amulets. Seeing as I had never in 600+ hours chanced a unique, I assumed that I'd leave with nothing, but I was guaranteed nothing as long as the chances were just sitting in my stash. It's probably obvious what happened, given that I'm posting here, but for all those with nothing, it is possible to find solace in this game. And by solace, I mean Voll's Devotion.

TLDR: was depressed I hadn't made any build progress, 10 chances in I get:
Spoiler

Well, not quite. I actually chanced one of the lowest possible rolls on a low-implicit base. But, several blessed orbs and 1 divine later, Voll's Devotion. That's when things changed.

Suddenly I was doing a lot more damage and since Endurance charges were constantly being generated I was no longer getting one-shotted by big physical hits. I slotted in Rathpith immediately for the extra life/damage and suddenly the only real issue for me anymore was reflect. Voll's Devotion basially doubled both my offensive and defensive capabilities and with the int and dex on it as well as the resists, well, it's bar none best in slot for this type of build. Before Voll's Devotion I had done a twinned Residence (74, Dominus) map, but it was a dangerous clear. After Voll's I could faceroll even level 76 maps-- it was a huge power increase.

Despite the huge upgrade in terms of clear and survivability the Devotion gave me, I was only dying even more quickly to Reflect. With much sadness, after dying in three maps in a row on a zana rotation to crouching tiger, hidden reflect packs, I decided to make some changes.

I decided to move towards Vaal Pact and away from spell block, to some degree. I switched out Rainbowstrides for Atziri's Step (due to the extra resist on Devotion) and decided once and for all that Rathpith Globe was the shield I liked the most. This got me close to something like 40% dodge, 45% spell dodge, 26% block, 17% spell block. I had a few block nodes on the tree to shore up my physical defense, because more physical damage than I'd like was still getting through my evasion and dodge. Given the strict nature of how many crit nodes and unique pieces are required by this build to function, it's sort of hard to really max out any one form of defense.

With that said, physical damage from mobs >77 was mostly a nuisance at this point-- again, the actual really deadly stuff was reflect.

After some soul searching, (it took me a long time to come to terms with moving away from Bino's), but I eventually decided to drop Bino's and respec those Adder's Touch points into more crit and then spent a lot of orbs of alteration, probably 200 or so, to roll the bare bones (regal, then mastercraft) of what would become a decent starter dagger:
Spoiler

Dagger in hand, I specc'd into Vaal Pact. Before this, the only experience I'd had was Vaal Pact was on my BoR/WoE duelist back in Ambush and back then I found it clunky and the no flasks thing was a dealbreaker. But Vaal Pact is not only more attractive now, but arguably a necessity for CoC builds, as with CoC you basically have infinite flasks, so it's easy to top up if VP isn't keeping you maxxed out or you fail to crit for a while.

I don't hesitate to say here that Vaal Pact is civilization. Due to the sheer amount of DPS it's almost impossible to die with Vaal Pact. With that said, I did change my setup a little Herald of Thunder is cursing enemies with Warlord's Mark rather than Assassin's Mark now, because I'm too broke to rechrome my Atziri's Step for Assassin's Mark so you may in fact need more than 1% lightning leech to reach that next threshold of total invulnerability.

Long story short, I breeze through elemental reflect packs now without touching my flasks, but still have to red pot occasionally during long fights against high health reflecting or high density/fracturing reflecting groups and, of course, reflecting + elemental weakness or reflecting + lower max res is probably not something I'll be looking to do on this build, but...

All in all, pure Vaal Pact lightning leech/elemental leech/Voll's Devotion/rare dagger is way safer and way more fun (having an extra 1-1.5 aps over Bino's despite lower crit makes a huge difference in terms of sheer proc output) than any sort of hybrid regen Bino's build as I could build it. It's not impossible, but I found my progress with Bino's began to taper off in 75+ maps and again, reflect was always a no-go no matter how I stacked my defenses with that build. The points in Adder's Touch are huge to use elsewhere as well.

Level 83, going strong with the following gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

current passives

I need the resists and int nodes there, unfortunately. Maybe this can be improved in time via new rings/gloves. I run at about 3.2k life right now. If I continue to level, which is likely as it's super fun, I'm going to be picking up a few more life nodes and any global crit I missed. If I could go all the way to 100 I'd probably get the area damage node in templar area and/or just grab the attack speed nodes at shadow start and the evasion %, +1 max cold by the dodge passives, seeing as my DPS is insane already and really the major problem now is staying alive vs. reflect and physical burst that gets through my evasion/dodge/block layers.

I still don't run blood magic maps (rip auras) and tend to avoid any -max or elemental weakness, because I use a lot of uniques and am not overcapped too much on resists. Resolute Technique exile can be bad if he manages to stunchain me before I spin up on them, but everything else pretty much just melts and since you're cycloning you naturally dodge a lot of hits just from the movement of the skill.

Anyway, wanted to document some of my thoughts to help those thinking of trying it!
Last edited by FutureBlues on Nov 3, 2014, 2:58:41 PM
Build looks great. I'm interested in building with the following items
Spoiler

the gloves and rings are garbage but i'll find better ones. Also, menginord's is just a placeholder for a lifer belt.

Tree (level 75 Templar)

Anyone have any suggestions about my tree or gear (especially my exclusion of elemental equilibrium)?
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Nov 3, 2014, 2:18:24 PM
I gave up a couple life nodes and took adder's touch when i got a bino's to drop seems to be working about the same. I dont really see an improvement or loss of dps.

my old weapon and my bino's =
Spoiler
IGN urnaf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info