2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
Bars wrote:
quote="arandombiitch"
"
arandombiitch wrote:
Hey friends,

I'm currently leveling my fakener caracter on PHC.

At what level do you think it's safe to go switch fakener?
I got a 4L voll's protector to link cyclone / coc / discharge / Life leech (HC). I'll do the labyrinth soon to sustain cyclone as a trickster. discipline / blasphemy assassin's mark / purity of lightning auras
I got this dagger :

is this dagger good enough to start?

I don't have vaal pact for now, is it mendatory for this build? even in cruel difficulty?

Thank you for the time spent on my case,
have fun IG, aRB

Hi, I don't play fakener but I have a coc cyclone cast on crit assassin and I've played 4 different CoC builds in past leagues, so - my 5 cents:

- hardcasting EK, Bladefall, Arc or another spell depending on your build is better until about level 60 or 70. Before that, the CoC gem is too low levelled and your crit chance is not high enough to get smooth and reliable procs. You're also quite squishy and staying ranged helps.

- this build's main defense is instant leech with tons of damage. Without it, you'll be toast. In Cruel you could probably deal without it, you don't have a 5-link for a lifeleech gem anyway, but you gotta be careful.

Judging from previous experience playing CoC in HC: be patient. Do not switch to CoC too early or you'll get punished. Make sure you have at least a 5-link, lifeleech + Vaal Pact, a high crit chance and a respectable life/es or hybrid pool before you pull the switch. I usually switch to CoC between 60 and 70 in SC, for HC I would do it above 70.

reposting my reply to the same question from the previous page
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 11, 2016, 7:59:05 AM
"
Myrales wrote:
I tried Malachai's Loop for a bit and got shocked extremely often. Once I got rid of all the additions to generate power charges (Blade Vortex and Voll's Protector), it seemed pretty consistent. I was testing with a Tabula and the shield by itself generates plenty of power charges. I tested with a Surgeon's/Grounding flask, but it didn't come up often with the above setup.

6L: Cyclone/CoC/Ice Nova/Discharge/Increased Crit Strikes/Life Leech
Elemental Focus also worked extremely well (in place of Ice Nova).

Note: I tested with Power Charge on Crit and consistently got shocked. Same with running Blade Vortex in the chest. Anything added to generate charges gets you shocked a lot. But just using Cyclone had me discharging often without shocking myself. My crit chance was ~60% on Cyclone.

I tried Fairgraves' Tricorne but it seems overkill. Same with Maligaro's Restraint.

Obviously this is not optimized; but if it works in a Tabula, any chest can work. You could use something like a Carcass Jack, Lightning Coil, or just a Vaal Regalia. Major upside compared to the non-stats of a Voll's Protector.

What do you guys think?

thanks for testing, that sounds pretty awesome tbh, rolling the right colors on volls can be annoying, i think fairgraves tricorne would be alright but you'd need a really good ES body but it gives cold damage so you can play around with your rings and neck a bit, did you try using stibnite as your surgeons/grounding flask? it only uses 10 out of 30 charges and lasts 5 seconds.
Last edited by Doyzord on Mar 11, 2016, 1:24:45 PM
As far as the flasks go, Stibnite is amazing. I had surgeon's/grounding on a health pot, but having flask charges was never an issue. You really don't shock yourself super often.

Tried a Malformation map. Did complete it, but had a couple deaths. I think the problem is that while the discharges go off fairly consistently, it usually only discharges with a few power charges. On the other hand, with Voll's Protector (no Devotion) I usually discharge with 6-7 power charges.

Perhaps it would be possible to make a very defensive version with Malachai's Loop, but it doesn't seem very effective at the moment. It's hard to consistently discharge with with a lot of power charges. It's almost a lottery as to when you discharge your charges (as soon as you hit max, you are back to 0). I don't even think a higher crit chance would help the problem.

Just started lvling a scion for this build as I got a 5L voll's, should I keep going or switch to shadow? From what I read seems that the free leech is better.
Update:

Level 86

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAceCSANfA5IES8RUBGWGyUc3CBuIvQo-ilPKgsqOCsKLKYs4TLRNAo1uTdmPAU9X0GWRUdFfEZxRwZJUUmxS65Mg0yzUDBSU1fJXfJfal-wY0NknWu3bAttGW-ecFJwVnDUdIF3B3_GgpuDCYTFhX2HE4nTjDaMdo8aj_qQG5DWkyeVLpeVl5eX9JitmhOaO5u1nKSePJ_foS-jo6crrGaus7QMtDi4k7k-uZO-isBmwwnDOspKytPQ0ND118_Ydtlb217b1OUZ6QLquuvu6_XsOO9874jw1fId8uH5N_mk-_U=?accountName=Lydrica&characterName=KappaEleGiggle

Ascendancy:

Normal: Walk of the Aether
Cruel: Ghost Dance
Merciless: Shade Form

Gear:
Spoiler

"
spetakju wrote:
Just started lvling a scion for this build as I got a 5L voll's, should I keep going or switch to shadow? From what I read seems that the free leech is better.

My guess is that at the top end scion is probably better.

Trickster is nice because it allows you to get good stat rings which means resists and general gearing is easier to handle. Pretty much you can start trickster with almost no investment in currency. This is much easier to start out as. The fact that you can use cheap rings with good resists is huge. The extra ES and defenses are also huge for your survivability.

Scion at high gear levels can drop their life leech gem which means another dps support. The extra crit also means you are going to generate more crits more power charges more discharges, it's actually pretty significant. The base crit is especially nice for discharge so that discharge crits more often. That said the gearing requirements for this means its going to be more expensive to gear as getting your gear is a bit harder since good gear are expensive for this since you need Eleron rings. It probably has the biggest dps potential, especially as life based, but your talking some seriously expensive gear.

That said, the build does so much dps already that I am not sure that the extra dps is worth losing the defense you get from Trickster. Its not like the build is hurting for dps. I don't think the top end ability of the scion trumps the ease of gearing the trickster, but if you don't mind spending the currency I am guessing scion will end up better.
Last edited by Maethorr on Mar 12, 2016, 3:14:31 AM
I'm planning to try this build today. Can't pick which asc class to go for. Read many info but still can't decide. Any suggestions?
"
cihatb wrote:
I'm planning to try this build today. Can't pick which asc class to go for. Read many info but still can't decide. Any suggestions?

Read the post above yours. It's excellent. Seems you've missed it throughout your reading of "many info".
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
My take on Trickster vs AssSerker (Scion's Assassin Berserker):
Trickster: much easier start, much worse endgame. By much more easier to start, I mean for people, who's new to game. You can begin discharging much earlier in leveling process (around level 40). BUT you will need 5L for build to have any real sustain. Also, you will have access to regular diamond rings with resists, which will make gearing much more easier. Getting right colors on 5 link will be much easier (Cyclone - CoC - Life Leech - Increased Critical Strikes - Discharge). Without Inc. Crit Strikes you will die very frequently. On 6th link you slap Blade Vortex and enjoy Getting 3G 2B 1R sockets on Voll's is so much easier than getting 3G 3B. Here I imply that 5l = 6 slot 5 link. Also, bonus ES = more survilability. But I find myself dying more to chaos dmg, so that part of trickster in not so great for me.

Scions's AssSerker: hard to start, really begins to shine lategame, very OP endgame. Much more pricey. You will have free global leech (you don't need Life Leech gem) and +1 to base crit. Both of those are godlike. You can start with 4L and do quite good. You will need 2 Elreon Rings (on 5L any can do, not just diamonds) with at -7-8 mana on each of them and ~10 level Clarity on Blood Magic gem to sustain your mana. Mana gain on hit jewels are also viable, in my opinion, but I haven't tried it, because they are very rare. Much greater price of this variant comes primarily from coloring Voll's and multimodding Elreon's jewelry (Elreon's jewelry with right rolls usually costs more, than multimodding). On Voll's you WILL need 3G 3B sockets. You can buy right colors, but 5L can cost you anything from 1.5 to 8 ex. And this is for 5L. For 12ex you can get 6L Voll's, but coloring it can chew like 1-20ex in chromes, depending on your luck. But, in the end, you will have one additional blue socket as 6th link, where you can use anything to boost your damage or utility even more. Base crit = more sustain. You will be able to much more easily crit-cap yourself. With mediocre jewelry and 3 crit jewels I sit at 81% crit for cyclone BEFORE power charges. This means that I wont die because discharge will not proc in time. Flask also usually have full uptime.

TLDR:

Trickster:
+ costs much less
+ easier to start gear-wise
+ better survilability lategame, around same as AssSerker endgame
- hits brick wall at endgame
- lower damage output
- needs minimum 5L to shine
- much harder to crit-cap

AssSerker:
+ can start with a 4 link
+ easy to crit-cap
+ support gem diversity
+ much higher DPS potential
+ much better sustain late-game
- bad early-game
- cost's much more
- you will need some other way to gain currency to gear
- because of clarity on blood magic, light radius will suffer a bit
Last edited by NetBurst on Mar 12, 2016, 9:18:31 AM
Just a sidenote to the Scion's bad earlygame: there's absolutely no reason to go CoC before level 60 when hardcast Arc with Clarity on mana and herald of thunder will be simply better. You respec some points and transition to coc in the 60s or 70s when you have the gear and resources and you're good to go. Seriously, coc is weak below 60. It's just not reliable enough and you're too squishy, especially in melee.

So, to put my 5 cents, IMO assassin/berserker Scion is much better since there are easy ways around the earlygame.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 12, 2016, 9:27:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info