2.3 Fakener (budget fake Mjölner) build - Trickster Version

"
frenchlion wrote:
skill trees don't work anymore :(

any updated tree plz ? :(

This is mine
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAceCSANfA5IES8RUBGWGyUc3CBuIvQo-ilPKgsqOCsKLKYs4TLRNAo1uTdmPAU9X0GWRUdFfEZxRwZJUUmxTLNQMFJTV8ld8l9qX7BjQ2Sda7dsC20Zb55wUnBWcNR3B3_GgpuDCYTFhX2HE4nTjDaMdo8aj_qQG5DWkyeVLpeVl5eX9JitmhOaO5u1nKSePJ_foS-jo6crrGaus7QMtDi4k7k-uZO-isBmwwnDOspKytPQ0ND118_Ydtlb29TlGeq66-7r9ewY7DjvfO-I8NXyHfLh-Tf5pPv1?accountName=Lydrica&characterName=KappaEleGiggle

I'll put next points into jewel socket near Witch until it get enough points/gear for CI.
One you have intuitive leap and Voll's Devotion, you want to unspec Faith and steel and the power charge on tempalar and grab these nodes together with the endurance charge with intuitive leap jewel.
"
frenchlion wrote:
skill trees don't work anymore :(

any updated tree plz ? :(

The three is working just fine on poe planner...idk what u're talking about oO
Last edited by Seymowr on Mar 10, 2016, 4:57:13 AM
Hey friends,

I'm currently leveling my fakener caracter on PHC.

At what level do you think it's safe to go switch fakener?
I got a 4L voll's protector to link cyclone / coc / discharge / Life leech (HC). I'll do the labyrinth soon to sustain cyclone as a trickster. discipline / blasphemy assassin's mark / purity of lightning auras
I got this dagger :

is this dagger good enough to start?

I don't have vaal pact for now, is it mendatory for this build? even in cruel difficulty?

Thank you for the time spent on my case,
have fun IG, aRB
quote="arandombiitch"
"
arandombiitch wrote:
Hey friends,

I'm currently leveling my fakener caracter on PHC.

At what level do you think it's safe to go switch fakener?
I got a 4L voll's protector to link cyclone / coc / discharge / Life leech (HC). I'll do the labyrinth soon to sustain cyclone as a trickster. discipline / blasphemy assassin's mark / purity of lightning auras
I got this dagger :

is this dagger good enough to start?

I don't have vaal pact for now, is it mendatory for this build? even in cruel difficulty?

Thank you for the time spent on my case,
have fun IG, aRB

Hi, I don't play fakener but I have a coc cyclone cast on crit assassin and I've played 4 different CoC builds in past leagues, so - my 5 cents:

- hardcasting something EK, Bladefall, Arc or another spell depending on your build is better until about level 60 or 70. Before that, the CoC gem is too low levelled and your crit chance is not high enough to get smooth and reliable procs. You're also quite squishy and staying ranged helps.

- this build's main defense is instant leech with tons of damage. Without it, you'll be toast. In Cruel you could probably deal without it, you don't have a 5-link for a lifeleech gem anyway, but you gotta be careful.

Judging from previous experience playing CoC in HC: be patient. Do not switch to CoC too early or you'll get punished. Make sure you have at least a 5-link, lifeleech + Vaal Pact, a high crit chance and a respectable life/es or hybrid pool before you pull the switch. I usually switch to CoC between 60 and 70 in SC, for HC I would do it above 70.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Mar 10, 2016, 8:05:00 AM
hmm does anyone think this build would still work with a malachai's loop
sub out the volls for it and a fairgraves hat and grab a high es body with res and life.

that gets you 9 powercharges which could be insane damage.

i also find that getting 3 off colors on volls destroys your chrom reserves so watch out when your at 5 links
Last edited by Doyzord on Mar 10, 2016, 12:17:01 PM
Interested as well, has anyone tested Malachai's Loop?
"
Hey dude,

- why don't you skill intruments of virtue on the ASC tree of the Inquisitor?
Doesnt triggering spells count as 'cast'?

I play with 5l volls (no vortex) for now.

Thanks for explanation!

What do you get out of it Instruments of virtue? At best 20 INCREASED spell damage and 10 attack speed. The big bonus on the node is attack damage and cast speed. And meanwhile Augury of Penitence is 10% MORE damage on all mobs around you and make you and your team take less damage.

also traded this for a windripper
I tried Malachai's Loop for a bit and got shocked extremely often. Once I got rid of all the additions to generate power charges (Blade Vortex and Voll's Protector), it seemed pretty consistent. I was testing with a Tabula and the shield by itself generates plenty of power charges. I tested with a Surgeon's/Grounding flask, but it didn't come up often with the above setup.

6L: Cyclone/CoC/Ice Nova/Discharge/Increased Crit Strikes/Life Leech
Elemental Focus also worked extremely well (in place of Ice Nova).

Note: I tested with Power Charge on Crit and consistently got shocked. Same with running Blade Vortex in the chest. Anything added to generate charges gets you shocked a lot. But just using Cyclone had me discharging often without shocking myself. My crit chance was ~60% on Cyclone.

I tried Fairgraves' Tricorne but it seems overkill. Same with Maligaro's Restraint.

Obviously this is not optimized; but if it works in a Tabula, any chest can work. You could use something like a Carcass Jack, Lightning Coil, or just a Vaal Regalia. Major upside compared to the non-stats of a Voll's Protector.

What do you guys think?
Yo guys. Just picked up Path after taking a good 10 month break and I've always wanted to try this build, so now is the time. Based on what most people have already recommended I am going Shadow Trickster.

Since most of you guys are well into the league, you can probably easily answer this for me. So, how did you guys level and when did you eventually switch to fakener?
"
Techneeq wrote:
Yo guys. Just picked up Path after taking a good 10 month break and I've always wanted to try this build, so now is the time. Based on what most people have already recommended I am going Shadow Trickster.

Since most of you guys are well into the league, you can probably easily answer this for me. So, how did you guys level and when did you eventually switch to fakener?

Im currently lvl 51 using same build as yours, i tried to switch it now ( currently leveling using reaver ) and things did not get that great hahahaha, u need a certain amount of crit to proc discharge a lot, and at least 4l on your volls protector and vagans dagger, with a lot of crit u should be gtg, i think around 60+ would be the time to switch to it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info