RaizQT's budget RF incinerator (Atziri killer build) 2.0 UPDATED!

Hi Raiz

Could you tell us why you choose incinerator over other fireskills?

IMO the advantage of incinerate is the crazy amount of logh from cybil's paw
and the ability to counter reflected damage.

But we dont use cybils paw so there is no logh at all,
and with a 89% fire res+fire pots+high level AA the reflected fire damage should not be a problem anyway.

So,why don't you use below skill

1.Flameblast

much higher damage than incinerate,
benefits from both the buring damage nodes and aoe nodes,which synergize with RF verywell

2.Fireball

still higher damage than incinerate,though the aoe ability would be a little worse.
benefits from both the buring damage nodes and aoe nodes,which synergize with RF verywell

3.Freezing Pluse/Ice spear with pyre
higher damage than incinerate,good aoe ability
Last edited by jrsyn on Oct 4, 2014, 3:55:07 PM
"
KRYPTONINER wrote:
"
Savik85 wrote:
Hi Raiz/Other RF knowledgeable people

Just wondering if anyone can check my math and tell me how PoE calculates degen etc?

Wondering if, instead of going for Master of the Arena for the 1% regen we need to run an IF Righteous Fire, we could instead go for Arsonist and drop some of the Duelist area?

And seeing we're right next to it, we could take the Champion of the Cause cluster for 12% Aura Buff and drop the path to Athlecisism depending on how PoE calculates increased effect?

Example tree here : Passive skill tree build

If my math is right, we need >12% regen to run a IF Righteous Fire with 89% Fire Res.

Fire Res = 75 + 8 (RoF) + 1 (Barbarism) = 84%

So we need 5% from our PoF. With the current tree we get 4% (Lvl 20 PoF) x 1.26 buff effect = 5.04.

I'm pretty sure PoE rounds down so thats the 5% we need to get our 89% resistance?

With the new tree I propose and the aura effect nodes we instead have :

4% x 1.21 = 4.84 which doesn't get us to the 5%. However, we also have 12% Aura Buff effect which should then get us the rest of the way?

4.84 x 1.12 = 5.42% which rounds down to the 5 we need? However I don't know if PoE first takes the 4.84% and then rounds that down to 4, then multiplies that by 1.12 which is nowhere near the 5% we need?

Hopefully someone knows the answer to my stream of math? Thanks to anyone that can help.

Interesting tree for more radius and to get unwavering if needed.
Would be interesting to find out if this is a better tree than the default.

no it isnt,u loosing alot life notes,dont increase the rf dmg(to burn atziri at close range) and u loosing mana+manareg what u need to handle the dmg what goes to ur mana! the old build its a good way to handle atziri
"
KRYPTONINER wrote:
Would this be a good amulet for this build?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri's_Foible

Also heatshiver helm looks good for this build.
"
jrsyn wrote:
Hi Raiz

and with a 89% fire res+fire pots+high level AA the reflected fire damage should not be a problem anyway.

1.Flameblast

2.Fireball

still higher damage than incinerate,though the aoe ability would be a little worse.

Its a atziri killer build. None of the skills you have mentioned would deal even half of the single target damage that incinerate does :) The only alternate option might be flame surge but its still kind of meh. Just because a skill has high damage on the wiki does not say anything sadly. There are many better ways of scaling the skills you mentioned than with RF but they will NEVER have the single target damage this build has.
IGN - RaizQT
Last edited by RaizQT on Oct 5, 2014, 7:49:00 PM
"
jrsyn wrote:
Hi Raiz

1.Flameblast

2.Fireball

cybils paw has zero dmg on it, it only gets spelldmg in combination with spellblock which you can get from the shield with spell block. But you can't get that shield because you need phoenix for RF which adds at the end even more dmg towards the mix. (mate of mine runs this build with full block, but does 1/4 lesser dmg on incinerate let alone the dmg RF does add. )

The catalyst is a nice mix of crit (40) cast speed (10) and spelldmg (110) more then cybils paw and it still does add 1% life leech which is frankly enough. raiz can easily expend this regen by going for a belt which also adds even more dmg towards the mix (doryani's belt) if he needs more leech + dmg. but he simple doesn't and that's what he explains in this build, a cheap build that has upgrade potentional but doesn't require it. ( i saw on his stream him killing the boss with a lifesprig and 4l defiance cloak which cost a few c at most ).

To get back on his survival through life regen, keep in mind that he doesn't only relay on that 1% leech, he has multiple ways to deal with the dmg.

1) life regen over head will heal his life
2) life leech can easily be put on 2% through belt + doryani's weapon if needed
3) defiance cloak pushes 40% of the dmg towards the mana pool, because of a high mana regen solution results this in basically healing 40% of the dmg through his mana pool. His hp pool only gets 60% of the dmg to take care off.
4) pots add towards this survival, armour pot / resist pots = reduction in dmg on top of it

About reflect, i spended a ton of time in elemental reflect maps and i have absolute zero problems with it. Unless you see somebody shout its a reflect mob "because he just died on it" you won't even notice it at all. Reflect doesn't do any dmg on you at all.

About the other skills, i highly doubt they even come close towards incinerate dmg as raiz build explains. The dmg is insanely high and constant.

"
Raiz2 wrote:

its a cloak of defiance skinned with sacrificial garb :)

Thanks for your reaction, was holding off buying a 6l defiance cloak because i though you where using a different one now. But i will get one now thanks.

I also followed you hint on a elemental curse on hit gloves, and i must say its a amazing piece of equipment for sure, no longer needing to curse anything. specially in group play its incredible handy.

I do have another question tho ( didn't watch your youtube video's yet, maybe its explained in there ) but for maps what buffs do you run? because i run atm, ash fire + cold, rf, clarity, arctic armour, purity of fire but my mana pool is stuck at 120 left. What buffs do you use on normal maps that are like 74+.

Last edited by GATYGUN on Oct 5, 2014, 8:25:51 PM
Decided to use empower lvl 4 instead of faster projectiles since it spreads way too much out at the end of the animation so it won't hit constantly all targets if they're far off and the damage increase is totally abnormal this way :D
- Best Signature Ever -
Hi, can someone help me out? I am lvl 86, I started as a scion and I have 12.3% life regen with inner force and Athleticism, I also have a lvl 20 Purity of Fire gem running for a total of 89% fire res. I am still losing about 1 hp per second. I've tried increasing and reducing my life through other items and life nodes (Just in case it's a rounding up or down issue) and I can't seem to get rid of the 1 loss of life per second.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers
"
bugage wrote:
Hi, can someone help me out? I am lvl 86, I started as a scion and I have 12.3% life regen with inner force and Athleticism, I also have a lvl 20 Purity of Fire gem running for a total of 89% fire res. I am still losing about 1 hp per second. I've tried increasing and reducing my life through other items and life nodes (Just in case it's a rounding up or down issue) and I can't seem to get rid of the 1 loss of life per second.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Get one item with life regen on it.
I had same problem which got resolved with a +5 life regen on my belt.

Nice buid. I use
+ Static blows passive.
Are there any alternative chest pieces that can be used instead of the Cloak of Defiance up until you can afford the Cloak of Defiance?
Last edited by AbdulJafreeze on Oct 6, 2014, 6:34:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info