Re"rolling"? seriously?!

"
Wang_Jouster wrote:

Excuse me for interupting your triumph over this player on this super important issue but there are gamebreaking problems within the game that GGG does not seem to wish to address, is there a reason as to why these issues are repeatedly ignored? Do such issues simply not fall under such a high priority as the correct use of the word reroll?

So, your own, personal crisis absolutely invalidates the Devs choosing to interact on the forum?

Such ego. =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:

Excuse me for interupting your triumph over this player on this super important issue but there are gamebreaking problems within the game that GGG does not seem to wish to address, is there a reason as to why these issues are repeatedly ignored? Do such issues simply not fall under such a high priority as the correct use of the word reroll?

So, your own, personal crisis absolutely invalidates the Devs choosing to interact on the forum?

Such ego. =0[.]o=

You're right, it is a personal crisis exlusive only to me, I want it fixed now because it is me.

Instance crashing/missing items has certainly never happened to anyone else, boy am I selfish for wondering why nothing has been said or done on the matter when threads complaining about it date back over a year.
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:

Because the maybe two minutes it took him to write up a fun response could have fixed every single issue in the game.
"

When you read posts like this, you can understand why some of the Devs don't want to engage with the community :)

I don't think anyone is going to deny the seriousness of the issue raised in your other thread, but taking your frustration out on an individual employee for a problem that is owned by the company as a whole (or the upper management of said company) is a bit of a shame.

I would say that the more we embrace and encourage devs to be part of the community instead of treating them to demands, insults, and attacks ... probably the more we would see them engage and communicate with us.

If you are truly salty on this, and see no other option other than to be sadface about it, feel free to PM me in game and I will donate a Rumi to you. I'm probably not going to bother with the Collect Uniques challenge anyways :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
CycloneJack wrote:
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:

Because the maybe two minutes it took him to write up a fun response could have fixed every single issue in the game.

No, but such issues could be addressed. They could let us know "hey this is just another thing we're gonna let slide like desync, we don't care" or let us know that they're actually aware of what is going on.

Considering I've posted numerous threads myself on a particular issue over the past 6 months and searched google high and low for a GGG response on the matter I can only assume that they are unaware and keep trying to bring it to their attention, something that is proving to be quite frustrating as, like the nice forum moderator suggested, devs choose to make nonsense posts in threads such as this when there are legitimate issues NOT ONLY ON THE SAME PAGE BUT DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH THIS THREAD AT THE TIME OF GGG's POST.
"

If you are truly salty on this, and see no other option other than to be sadface about it, feel free to PM me in game and I will donate a Rumi to you. I'm probably not going to bother with the Collect Uniques challenge anyways :)

This is very kind of you however I don't believe it is your problem to remedy and I can not in good conscience accept your offer.

I think I should mention that I first posted this issue 6 months ago, it has not been fixed, it has not been addressed. When I did first post about it 6 months ago, I could find other threads that went ignored dating even as far as a year back. I hope this helps you understand why I am frustrated, I didn't just wake up this morning and decide I was going to get upset at GGG for no reason. I'm always hearing how great of a company GGG is and how they're so interactive within the community but so far in the year I've been playing I have not seen anything to back this up and to be honest I'm left wondering why, is it because I have not donated? Have I not spent enough dollars in the store to warrant customer support?
Last edited by Wang_Jouster on Sep 24, 2014, 6:54:12 PM
"
Wang_Jouster wrote:

This is very kind of you however I don't believe it is your problem to remedy and I can not in good conscience accept your offer.

I think I should mention that I first posted this issue 6 months ago, it has not been fixed, it has not been addressed. When I did first post about it 6 months ago, I could find other threads that went ignored dating even as far as a year back. I hope this helps you understand why I am frustrated, I didn't just wake up this morning and decide I was going to get upset at GGG for no reason. I'm always hearing how great of a company GGG is and how they're so interactive within the community but so far in the year I've been playing I have not seen anything to back this up and to be honest I'm left wondering why, is it because I have not donated? Have I not spent enough dollars in the store to warrant customer support?

I just know dem feels as far as losing stuff :) We can't always rely on GGG to be able to fix stuff, I think most of us have come to the conclusion that a lot of the problems we have to deal with (desync, crashes, server rollbacks etc.) are so deeply embedded in the game that any meaningful fix is basically going to have to wait for POE 2.

It would be nice if the problems weren't further exacerbated by the addition of new content that places stress on the engine and netcode, but at the same time I don't think the game would survive without regular content updates.

The horrible catch 22. I certainly don't envy Chris and the guys. They made a game designed to give them all the joy they remembered from the old days, but I reckon its probably turned into a bit of a millstone around the neck thanks to how big and popular it has gotten, and how passionate the user base is.

</THREAD DERAILMENT>
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info