Daggers too OP

"
"
LSN wrote:
"
TGeorge wrote:
Stop playing standard.

This translates into stop playing at all for guys like me who don't enjoy to build up stuff from the beginning every few months.

Noone even expects perfect balance from a game like poe. All I(we) want is little balance of the stuff and choices players can use and make.

Lol you don't want balance you want to be equally good as others players that work for their stuff without having to do anything.

gg

Why so? I use some gear on mirror level on my chars as well. I use all dmg relevant gems as well as defensive auras 21/20 or 20/23, and so on.

I am here to bring some balance into the game for you playstation kids who enjoy to run through 78 maps one shotting everything in a 6 man party while it would make no difference if 5 players afk or 6 players play.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 20, 2014, 10:14:01 AM
"
FadeXF wrote:
I think it needs to get a mention - if it hasn't yet - how insanely difficult, and currency eating daggers are to actually craft.

Do you even have a tiny glimmer into how difficult, time intensive, luck, and how much currency investment went into a mirror worthy dagger, OP?

It's easy to pick ANY game out there - look at the guy who's invested 24 hours daily, 7 days a week, for 2 years - and be like: man that guy's OP, and his gear's OP. YEAH - he's like the .05% of the playing population who's invested soooooo much energy to get what he has.

shh LSN may actually have some sense.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
FadeXF wrote:
I think it needs to get a mention - if it hasn't yet - how insanely difficult, and currency eating daggers are to actually craft.

Do you even have a tiny glimmer into how difficult, time intensive, luck, and how much currency investment went into a mirror worthy dagger, OP?

It's easy to pick ANY game out there - look at the guy who's invested 24 hours daily, 7 days a week, for 2 years - and be like: man that guy's OP, and his gear's OP. YEAH - he's like the .05% of the playing population who's invested soooooo much energy to get what he has.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062118/page/1

Yes, easy to craft really, compared with the expected outcome and effect.

This ~20 ex dagger is way better than any other mirror melee weapon that doesn't have an equal as high base crit chance combined with the attack speed and the 450 dps.

And aside of this you don't seem to know how crafting and mirror services work. The higher crafting costs for the original crafter are being made up with higher mirror fees. So he gets refunded for his effort. The end user pays only the mirror + fee just as for any other mirror weapon. So as this fee may (or may even not) be a bit higher for daggers, let them be 30% stronger, but not 300-500%.

"
"
FadeXF wrote:

shh LSN may actually have some sense.

Yes I do and you don't. :p

Please try using your brain and tell me why would I mirror anything else than a dagger, wand or claw if I could comparably easily/cheaply craft the above linked dagger and still gonna have double-tripple the results.

For you I do even quote myself from the exact same post so that you can't miss it:
Spoiler
And aside of this you don't seem to know how crafting and mirror services work. The higher crafting costs for the original crafter are being made up with higher mirror fees. So he gets refunded for his effort. The end user pays only the mirror + fee just as for any other mirror weapon.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 20, 2014, 10:26:42 AM
Doesn't really matter in the end. There will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be something that's going to be OP that performs better than everything else. If daggers are truly too good at both the top 0.1% and the average level they will get nerfed. Then everyone will switch to claws or whatever the hell is the next thing in line and then people will complain about that and it will also get nerfed and the cycle will continue ad infinitum. I personally don't give a damn about what's the current OP crap and just enjoy the game on my own. I really don't give the slightest shit if the next guy has some build that can solo clear 6 man double uber atziri with all curses in the game on him while I can't.
Last edited by TGeorge on Sep 20, 2014, 10:31:08 AM
"
TGeorge wrote:
Doesn't really matter in the end. There will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be something that's going to be OP and performs better than everything else.

Well little imbalances of like 50% aren't the issue here, if you have missed that. And also the issue is not that there is nothing else that compares with daggers.

The issue is that daggers and everything that compares with it (wands, crit bow builds, etc.) are way too op for the existing content in the game, even in groups of 6 while playing alone, and on the other hand there are second class weapons and builds that never reach that kind of dps with the same tankyness with all mirrored items on all slots. Not even close.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 20, 2014, 10:32:53 AM
All it comes down to is this: People with pixels are jealous of other people with pixels.
"
All it comes down to is this: People with pixels are jealous of other people with pixels.

You could call me a balance fascist. But I am for sure not jealous on some kids that enjoy to only abuse every little thing there is in the game.

As a matter of fact the game is barely playable in groups anmore for any builds that do not abuse these things in high end standard league, which is still the majority of builds.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 20, 2014, 10:36:55 AM
"
LSN wrote:
"

You could call me a balance fascist. But I am for sure not jealous on some kids that enjoy to only abuse every little thing there is in the game.

As a matter of fact the game is barely playable in groups anmore for any builds that do not abuse these things in high end standard league, which is still the majority of builds.

Why are you taking a game so serious? Its GGGs game, and if they deem daggers balanced then so be it. Why do you even care? Partied with someone who uses a dagger and took your lootz because they killed faster than you and ran across the map? Went to sarn arena and got your ass kicked by a dagger user? Its all pixels at the end of the day so who fucking cares? I know i dont as i got other IRL shit to deal with that causes problems.
"
LSN wrote:
You could call me a balance fascist.

More like a marxist.
"

Why are you taking a game so serious? Its GGGs game, and if they deem daggers balanced then so be it.

Wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info