Daggers too OP

"
Wow you are the most arrogant user I have ever fucking met LOL

I'm done fuck this I'm ma go eat beef jerky and MF while watching Pacific rim.

I am gladly waiting for my forum ban for having analysed your being in poe accurately.

You wanna tell me that you are the guy who sits 24/7 in trade channels to trade for all these items but you are lacking the time to push one of your charackters higher than 91 after being around like 18 months, which takes only about 3-4 hours of one single evening and would even benefit your charackters more than further trading? :D

Seriously I am not stupid.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 20, 2014, 8:59:08 AM
"
LSN wrote:
I am gladly waiting for my forum ban for having analysed your being in poe accurately.

You wanna tell me that you are the guy who sits 24/7 in trade channels to trade but you are lacking the time to push one of your charackters higher tha 91 after being around like 18 months, which takes only about 3-4 hours of one single evening? :D

You really have no idea how much time he spends on the trade chat instead of doing maps it seems.

I really suggest you stop trying because you have 0 idea of what he does in the game from your replies thus far.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Wow you are fucking RIDICULOUS.

LOL fuck this.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The problem with daggers is their attack speed. Reduce that shit to 1.2 base max and they are fine - almost. The bigger problem is that, save claws, all the other melee weapons SUCK. THEY REALLY SUCK REALLY REALLY BAD. And for some reason GGG refuses to buff them, and introduce INTERESTING notables to them - comparable to adder;s touch. Nerfing adder's touch would be a crime, cause it is the best designed, most interesting weapon notable in the game. We need more like it-as simple as that.
Other than that, before Atziri and god gloves, ultra aegis aurora tanks could be compared with high end melee daggers in overall efficiency. Now not so much.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
The problem with daggers is their attack speed. Reduce that shit to 1.2 base max and they are fine - almost. The bigger problem is that, save claws, all the other melee weapons SUCK. THEY REALLY SUCK REALLY REALLY BAD. And for some reason GGG refuses to buff them, and introduce INTERESTING notables to them - comparable to adder;s touch. Nerfing adder's touch would be a crime, cause it is the best designed, most interesting weapon notable in the game. We need more like it-as simple as that.
Other than that, before Atziri and god gloves, ultra aegis aurora tanks could be compared with high end melee daggers in overall efficiency. Now not so much.

Which brings us back to topic of daggers being or not being op.

I clearly say that crit scales to much and everything that scales up to 400 or 700k dps due to it should be nerfed and not all the other stuff (which isnt exclusively 2handers, but also non increased base crit one-handers and spell casters, ...) brought to this ridiculous overpowered level that one shots all the content in the game.

I think, balancewise, this is a pretty much down-home and reasonable thing to achieve, isnt it? :p
So OP that I made no builds with them this entire league.

Daggers are overrated on these forums. Also wands are now better.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 20, 2014, 9:41:27 AM
Basically all the high crit stuff is op. This doesnt make the situation of daggers any better. I wonder for what situation you would need a 450k dagger reave aoe dps. This is not even single target and built for high single target dps.

Other guys with almost only mirrored gear on a freezing pulse char, can hardly get more than 60k dps. And guess what, these 60k dps are enough for playing the game. The same way 100k reave dagger dps would be enough to play and master the game instead of 450k. It is simply 300-500% overpowered, and thats the problem. If it were 50-100 of I myself wouldn't even complain.

The problem is, that the solution would be easy as the following but nothing is being changed other than making everything worse and worse every patch:

giving all weapons seperate base crit multipliers (that what is 1.5 now).

Reducing this for weapons that have easy access to high attack speed and have increased base crit chance would be a quick to implement solution that also allows to buff weapons that hit less oftenly and are less likely to crit such as 2handers.

At least this would improve balance alot and create a new fixing point to go on balancing from. Even slow vs fast weapons of one category could be balanced better like this.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 20, 2014, 10:04:36 AM
Stop playing standard.
"
TGeorge wrote:
Stop playing standard.

This translates into stop playing at all for guys like me who don't enjoy to build up stuff from the beginning every few months.

Noone even expects perfect balance from a game like poe. All I(we) want is little balance of the stuff people can use and the choices players can make.

If we end up with smth. like freezing pulse 60k vs dagger reave dps 150k, probably everyone would be fine.
Last edited by LSN on Sep 20, 2014, 10:08:52 AM
"
LSN wrote:
"
TGeorge wrote:
Stop playing standard.

This translates into stop playing at all for guys like me who don't enjoy to build up stuff from the beginning every few months.

Noone even expects perfect balance from a game like poe. All I(we) want is little balance of the stuff and choices players can use and make.

Lol you don't want balance you want to be equally good as others players that work for their stuff without having to do anything.

gg
I love teddy bears.
Last edited by Stygian_Doll on Sep 20, 2014, 10:08:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info