The menu button change is counterintuitive

"
Necrogue wrote:
The purpose of a pull-down menu or the Windows start button is to save space by not having the entire menu on the screen at all times.
The current menu button achieves this, does it not?

"
Necrogue wrote:
The PoE menu button takes up the same amount of space as the old menu.
To me, it looks like the menu button takes up, at best, 50% of the space of the old menu buttons.
The button could probably stand to be even smaller and less flashy.

Imo, the new general menu button makes a lot more sense than having separate buttons for each window, and as Mark mentioned, it allows the menu to be expandable into the future without requiring UI reworks for each addition.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
doesnt really matter if u use shortkeys
It's hard to remember the visuals of 8 interface icons, in a game filed with hundreds of tiny icons that represent things: gems, maps, orbs... ???

Are you guys saying that an average gamer can visually identify 100 different skill gem icons, but cant tell apart 8 menu icons, without hovering on them? :)

Anway, the change was good, because it will force you to use shotcut keys instead of additional clicking that it introduced. Shortcut keys are superior to both other GUI options.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Nov 16, 2014, 4:23:49 AM
I dunno was it really hard to remember what button means what? I dont like this new button too, everyime I want to click to open inventory or char shit or whatever I look at that button and like *Oh damn again to click on it and search for the line I need*, and I use a key on keyboard instead, I dont use that button at all now, before it was easy to press the little icon with mouse then press a key, and now its easy to press a key then ..
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
Deankar wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
placeholder art

After all these years, even after open beta and the game was officially released, and even after multiple expansions, this game still has placeholder graphics?

Yup. Lots of it. Every unique without 3d art is using a placeholder. Notice how some of the standard flasks repeat artwork; placeholders again. On Reddit Chris Wilson's stated that the current mini-map is "looking a bit dated now and we plan to replace it with a nicer one". Since it hasn't changed significantly since closed beta; I'd argue that it's a long lived and particularly visible placeholder as well.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Last edited by Summoner on Nov 16, 2014, 1:48:14 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
placeholder art

Whatever you say but it's kind of strange that when SJWs first started complaining about the globes it wasn't mentioned that it was placeholder art back then.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
I'm with the OP. Don't like using hotkey but now am forced to because it is 'more annoying' to click the arrow then still have to select the required icon.

I prefer the new menu. I've never been able to figure out the meaning of the old icons, especially the inventory one.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
I prefer the new menu. I've never been able to figure out the meaning of the old icons, especially the inventory one.

Yeah, we should all keep in mind that there are people for whom to remember 8 icons isnt possible. And allow GGG to release new stuff for that contingent
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
I got a nice little story about that new button.

To get it out of the way, I haven't really been using any of them normally, that's what the shortcuts are for, Z-char screen, X-inventory, C-skill tree... got the same setup in all games that have those functions.

However, there was a situation when I did. As I start typing a message, I sometimes want to link an item from my inventory, and that's where shortcut keys fail to work. So I'd just hit the inventory button and link the item.

Now I exit the chat window, hit inventory shortcut, open chat again and call back the message I started. It's faster.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 18, 2014, 5:58:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info