[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Are these posters exaggerating the DPS difference? Or should I really switch over? I didn't mind MS, I just disliked how BF locked you to one spot.

Thank you for the amazing guide, it's really helped me enjoy the game so far.

You bet.

Yes, people exaggerate, the skills are all similar in terms of killing monsters, the main differences are if it's ranged or not (more safety) or better at killing bosses or packs for leveling up.

The mechanical differences will make the largest difference in clear speed - generally, the less you have to move your character, the more efficiently you will clear maps, and thus level faster. That's why blade flurry, molten strike and lightning strike tend to be preferred by some - moving around less, more 'reach'. Static Strike does entail having to move toward groups of monsters more frequently. It does have more DPS, so static kills bosses faster, but there is the drawback of having to get into melee range.
"
First playthrough of PoE(Level 55, act 7) and I'm using this build. I was just reading about how Blade Flurry and Molten Strike are the only viable endgame skills, quite the opposite of what your build says. I've tried the various skills listed in your build, and static strike has been my favorite so far. However, reading these posts make me wonder if I'm hindering my DPS by using SS.

Noticed sunder is really nice for me, ive tried a few different skills while leveling and it is way better for me then MS, no idea if its good DPS, but it makes my playstyle work and the effect is very easy on the eyes and for the computer making playing comfortable instead of spammy. i tried lightning strike for an hour and my head did start to hurt :)
since we can have 2 set of weapons, just level up some extra skills on your extra weapons and try out skills.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Noticed sunder is really nice for me

Good skill for clearing, but not good for bosses, maybe early on it's OK
Hello Sovyn! if i play with Aegis Aurora, wouldnt it be better to invest 3 skill points in energy shield and 10% armour instead of Strenght? (first 3 skills of the passive tree) Thank u!
is this chest good for us build ? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Loreweave

or better use this for ARMOUR

v1tAm1n^
Last edited by Nasferatus on Mar 25, 2018, 11:04:46 AM
"
GudAction wrote:
Hello Sovyn! if i play with Aegis Aurora, wouldnt it be better to invest 3 skill points in energy shield and 10% armour instead of Strenght? (first 3 skills of the passive tree) Thank u!

Not a bad choice, but it takes an extra point or two that tend to be needed elsewhere.
"
Nasferatus wrote:
is this chest good for us build ? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Loreweave

Both are good, probably splitting hairs.

If you want damage, the unique, more life, the rare.

Armour isn't that big of a deal unless you specialize in it, which this build doesn't.
First, I wanted to thank you for the great build guide. I've been playing for a couple of weeks and I really think going with your build for a first character was a good choice to learn the game with (and beyond!)

Having an issue, however, and haven't been able to find out what's going on via the interwebs. Hatred and Molten Shell are not triggering today and Hatred is not reserving mana (my orb is showing full.) They were last night, however, and I can't figure out what's going on. None of my gems are above your recommended levels (premium build examples), and like I say, they were working fine when I logged off last night.

Doing some reading, I see in the description where Cast on Damage won't work on skills that reserve mana. Is that new?

The only thing that's changed since last night is that I was dinking around with master crafting a bit for the hell of it and added max mana to a ring. Does this frag the abilities?

Sorry for the lengthy post, and again, thanks for all the work getting newbies up to speed!

EDIT: ok... Hatred seems to be working now. I guess I just had to self trigger it in an area, but mana is being reserved and it's auto triggering. Molten Shell still isn't triggering, though.

2nd EDIT: hmmm... I swapped out one molten shell for another of a lower level and low it's working. Still a lot to learn about all the mechanics. Anyway, everything seems to be sorted and am devastating everything I'm coming across. Thanks again!
Last edited by loucidjuan on Mar 26, 2018, 8:01:24 PM
"
loucidjuan wrote:
Having an issue, however, and haven't been able to find out what's going on via the interwebs. Hatred and Molten Shell are not triggering today

The only thing I can think of is that the stats required to use the gems were not met somehow. Especially since a lower level gem worked. If Molten Shell was linked to CWDT and it leveled too high, that could also be an issue (see CWDT gem description). Glad it worked out though.
I have been really struggling this league for some reason and ended up with a Guardian that has a ton of block. Going to see when I get home, how far off I am from salvaging him to fit into this build a bit.

He does okay but his damage is really bad. I've tried tectonic, earthquake, molten strike, sunder and ice crash. Not sure if it's bad links, only being 4 link or if I haven't taken enough offensive passives.

Just another failed attempt at doing my own build.

Going to buy Doryanis Catalyst when I get home I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info