[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Rippster wrote:
Can this build do all content?

Yes. A few pages back a user mentioned having killed Shaper with this build. Expect to go with the uber build option unless excessively good at games.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Thanks, think one of my problem is 1-1.1k dps in that fight

Don't forget concentrated effect for a nice boost on a boss like that, and maybe a ranged skill like blade flurry, also use an an ancestral protector 4-link.

Hmm found the "Hideout" omg what an OP place to add stats to the gear, so almost 3x the dps now and alot more hp, max resist, better defense, so it starts to feel like i remember. jump in, kill mobs collect loot while all buffs etc resets by itselfs.
training to play it safe and toss in the acestral protector totem first and let it do alot of damage while staying a bit on the side and spamming my molten strike.
still gonna farm to level 51 before i go and see if i learned the fight against High Templar Avarius, think those extra defense nodes and levels might save my old lazy inquisitors butt. And being able to use level50 pots instead of 42 might be good also.

so far 0 granite flasks, which is odd, or maybe they have changed how you could get them, allthough mana pots with 80% armor is very nice. being able to buy skillgems from Siosa is awesome...so much good changes.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
so far 0 granite flasks, which is odd

If you want to push things along, you can burn some alts to make one with this vendor recipe: 1x Ruby Flask (of Iron Skin), 1x Sapphire Flask (of Iron Skin), 1x Topaz Flask (of Iron Skin)

Or, A set of 5 Earth Drinker can be exchanged for a random unique Granite Flask. Farming areas for the cards:
This item can be acquired in the following areas:

The Vastiri Desert
The Oasis
The Foothills

Level 61-62 areas.

Sounds like you are getting the new game down.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Uber Setup

Since many players enjoy this build so much that they wish to take it to Shaper or level 95+, here is an all-out unlimited budget setup. This one focuses more on surviving the hardest encounters in the game and is extremely hard to kill. Mind over Matter, Elemental Overload, Consecrated Ground, and significant life and mana leech.

Gearing as above except the weapon will be Varunastra and we will socket a Red Nightmare near Elementalist. You'll also want to drop Herald of Ash and run only Hatred to make more room for MoM.

Tree

Pastebin for Path of Building

I am currently using Scaeva as my weapon, and was thinking of purchasing a Varunastra. I notice the DPS for Varunastra is lower according to Path of Building (I use perfect rolls for comparison). Is there a reason why you choose Varunastra for your Uber setup? Would we be taking advantage of the "all one handed melee weapon type" notables?

Also wondering if "-xx Physical Damage taken from Attacks" on Immortal Flesh belt and amulet corruption is enough to mitigate the "xx% increased Physical Damage taken" on the Abyssus?
Last edited by tkensei on Mar 14, 2018, 11:26:26 PM
"
tkensei wrote:
the DPS for Varunastra is lower according to Path of Building (I use perfect rolls for comparison). Is there a reason why you choose Varunastra for your Uber setup? Would we be taking advantage of the "all one handed melee weapon type" notables?

Also wondering if "-xx Physical Damage taken from Attacks" on Immortal Flesh belt and amulet corruption is enough to mitigate the "xx% increased Physical Damage taken" on the Abyssus?

Yes, check the tree for uber setup. Main reason is we don't need the ranger area to get good damage as it's all closer to templar start as we move away from crits and into elemental overload instead. Uber tree has a lot more survivability with high leech and MoM. This setup is to rival other high end builds for killing the optional endgame bosses. DPS is similar to normal budget setup.

It would depend on the size of the hit, big hits imm flesh might be not a noticable diff, small hits, it'll be better. This is because abyssus is a percentage, imm flesh is flat. You won't need abyssus to do good damage endgame, just levels to complete the tree and the recommended gear.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 16, 2018, 12:35:26 PM
Thanks, I did not notice there was a tree for the uber setup. Would the Elemental Overload and Mind Over Matter work for a non-Varunastra setup also? And I'm not seeing where we get Consecrated Ground and is it needed?
"
tkensei wrote:
Thanks, I did not notice there was a tree for the uber setup. Would the Elemental Overload and Mind Over Matter work for a non-Varunastra setup also? And I'm not seeing where we get Consecrated Ground and is it needed?

Check the ascendancy nodes on the uber tree. It helps. You could get those nodes on the regular tree but you wouldn't be max block. Also there is no point to crit multi then. I balanced the builds differently. Use one then respec to the other when you have a pile of ex saved up - that's what I intend.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 16, 2018, 1:52:24 PM
Amazing work..ty++;)
Is Glacial Hammer viable for this build? Thank you!
"
GudAction wrote:
Is Glacial Hammer viable for this build? Thank you!

Absolutely! It just won't kill monsters as fast as the recommended skills. Doesn't matter what the tree is, Hammer is just not a DPS skill. Not every skill can be the best. It'll provide a small amount of additional safety over the other non-ranged skills though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info