[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey Sovyn,

Awesome guide, I've read it quite a bit and after coming back from a multi-year hiatus, decided to follow it to get back into the game.

I'm trying to decide the gear I'll go with for this particular character - I have a decent bit saved up, enough, roughly, for a decently geared version of the currently proposed 'premium' setup. Do you believe the Aegis/Energy Shield gear to be superior to a standard armor/life/The Surrender build?

Thanks for keeping this updated for everyone!
Hey, Sovyn!

I played this build a while back using scaeva and aegis, got a question though.

I made a pretty nice 6L elder block staff in standart and want to incorporate this uber build to use it, only problem is i don't really know how lol.

Any advice you could give would be super appreciated. also, how can i link the item in the forum to show you?

Thanks and hope you're having a great day man!
"
anti404 wrote:
Do you believe the Aegis/Energy Shield gear to be superior to a standard armor/life/The Surrender build?

Pros and cons.

Aegis has the ES, which, with other ES gear on, will give you more total health pool, so one-hits will kill you less often. It also has resists, making capped resists that much easier, along with overcapped cold resist, which helps occasionally. Also, 2% more block, making max block that much easier.

Surrender has more armour, which makes small, fast, physical hits hurt less. Also has solid life, which may be up more often than the ES. Finally, it has the 250 life gain on block, which is nice for the budget or premium setups (the uber doesn't really need it).
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 22, 2018, 1:24:15 PM
Thanks for your thoughts. The main reason I'm asking is I'm considering either an Aegis/ES/Armor build or a Belly of the Beast/The Surrender/Armor build. Currently I have the 6L BoB in my sights, so if that option would prove stronger it would save me the hassle of finding a good 6L ES/Armor chest.
"
adeewun wrote:
I made a pretty nice 6L elder block staff in standart and want to incorporate this uber build to use it, only problem is i don't really know how lol.

Any advice you could give would be super appreciated. also, how can i link the item in the forum to show you?

Staff is outside the scope of this build, but if you go to the uber skill tree and remove all of the damage and shield nodes from the uber tree, leaving all the defensive stuff the same, and then use the search box to enter the word staff, you'll then see the staff nodes and you can pick those.

Better yet, use Emmitt's skill tree program for PoE and check the nodes you want and use the automatic generator.

FYI, you can link an item by putting your cursor where you want the item to appear in your post composition box, clicking on your character icon at the top left of the screen, choosing the character and then clicking the item. A code snippet will then appear in your composition box. When you submit the post, it'll appear as the item.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 22, 2018, 4:16:23 PM
"
anti404 wrote:
Currently I have the 6L BoB in my sights, so if that option would prove stronger it would save me the hassle of finding a good 6L ES/Armor chest.

It's close enough for government work. Go the easier way.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
anti404 wrote:
Currently I have the 6L BoB in my sights, so if that option would prove stronger it would save me the hassle of finding a good 6L ES/Armor chest.

It's close enough for government work. Go the easier way.

Interestingly, I'm a government employee...

I'll plan with the BoB in mind, but we'll see, that may change depending upon what ES/Armor chests come available...
"
anti404 wrote:
I'll plan with the BoB in mind, but we'll see, that may change depending upon what ES/Armor chests come available...

Sounds good, be prepared to try both and see what you like best. You can always try a 5-link just to get the feel of things as far as this choice goes.
Thanks for the char tree link! that's perfect.

Thanks for your reply too! :)
First playthrough of PoE(Level 55, act 7) and I'm using this build. I was just reading about how Blade Flurry and Molten Strike are the only viable endgame skills, quite the opposite of what your build says. I've tried the various skills listed in your build, and static strike has been my favorite so far. However, reading these posts make me wonder if I'm hindering my DPS by using SS.

Are these posters exaggerating the DPS difference? Or should I really switch over? I didn't mind MS, I just disliked how BF locked you to one spot.

Thank you for the amazing guide, it's really helped me enjoy the game so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info