[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Thanks for the guide, this is a great build. Any thoughts on the unique Craiceann's gear from bestiary league?
"
Sovyn wrote:
Welcome back! Yes, the build is even more fun now.

Thanks, looks like PoE got alot of updates since I did play, which is a good thing. But i already miss my stash full with good things, playing in a new league with an empty stash is fun and annoying in the same time, atleast the tabslots seem to work in new leagues.
Dont like that i must delete old characters to create new ones, they are a bit greedy about that, I like my characters damned it :-)
"
MochizukiCZ wrote:
Thanks for the guide, this is a great build. Any thoughts on the unique Craiceann's gear from bestiary league?

Looks like pretty solid gear. Not sure what the crab skills do. Should work well with aegis.

The spell block on the crown would allow use of boots other than rainbows, such as the matching boots from this set.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 9, 2018, 1:30:58 PM
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Wow you keep this amazing build updated, gotta try it now on the hardcore league again and see how far i get this time. looks like alot of things are changed since i played a few years ago but hope this templar build is as fun as it used to.

This self found hardcore league looks just to tempting to not start play again.
//Hierokliff

I'm doing the Gladiator variant of this build in (standard) HC SSF. My goal is to get to level 90. At 60 now, and taking it slow, interspersing HC SSF with my SC Bestiary SSF.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
CelticHound wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Wow you keep this amazing build updated, gotta try it now on the hardcore league again and see how far i get this time. looks like alot of things are changed since i played a few years ago but hope this templar build is as fun as it used to.

This self found hardcore league looks just to tempting to not start play again.
//Hierokliff

I'm doing the Gladiator variant of this build in (standard) HC SSF. My goal is to get to level 90. At 60 now, and taking it slow, interspersing HC SSF with my SC Bestiary SSF.

I died twice now at act 5 'chamber of innocence' boss, thought a few levels extra and as good gear is i could find would save me, but it was a fast rip the second time also. allthough now that i watch youtubes maybe lvl48 aint a few extra levels as an undergeared old templar, so made an necro-witch with dropgear to try to farm some equips before a new attempt
3rd attempt now on BHCSSF, did remember that i dont need to use a shield in the start and it buffed clearing and leveling speed some, so think ill stick to 2 weapons until lvl45ish when ive got more block/shields nodes set.
is it still possible to use Lapis amulet + chance orb to get that unique amulet that gives spell block chance?
"
Hierokliff wrote:
I died twice now at act 5 'chamber of innocence' boss

It's a manual dodge encounter designed to punish noncompliance.

Some strategies here. Read down to the abilities section.

"
High Templar Avarius and his subsequent form, Innocence, are capable of inflicting massive amounts of elemental damage through specific attacks. Withstanding said attacks is simply not viable for most characters coursing normally through the game, as even capped resistances will not ensure the player's survival when hit by the boss' most devastating abilities.

As always, go practice on standard before trying it on HC.

As far as chancing a Lazhwar, I think it's still possible but probably wouldn't make any difference for this encounter.
Last edited by Sovyn on Mar 12, 2018, 4:33:32 PM
Thanks, think one of my problem is 1-1.1k dps in that fight, so waiting for level50 before i attempt it, i could dodge around him for a long time, just not get him dead before i messed up. wish i hadnt deleted my characters that did die against him, i should have gone and trained alot in standard. guess i could use my old standard chars and go train. hmmm
atm 2 weapons works a bit better, having just 32-34% block chance dont seem to help so much yet, still leveling alot of shield nodes so hopefully ill get a few % more.

its a good thing to practise jumping into portals and healing up and filling pots and taking a deep breath now and then. fun with all these new bosses, instead of repeating act1-3 3times
"
Hierokliff wrote:
Thanks, think one of my problem is 1-1.1k dps in that fight

Don't forget concentrated effect for a nice boost on a boss like that, and maybe a ranged skill like blade flurry, also use an an ancestral protector 4-link.
Can this build do all content?
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info