[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Sovyn:

Back on 11/23/2013 I put together my first post responding to your build - and personally I have found this build to be one of the easiest builds to play, get gear for and meet just about any challenge this game has to offer. This is my fourth go around with your build.

Thank you.

My current guy is 75/71 on block - max resist - -33 chaos and 3657 life at lvl 76.

Need to work on my life more than anything else - the remaining skill point placement should take care of all other challenges. Today I will be working on Ascendancy points - have put it off due to it being my "least" favorite part of the game, but I do get nice bonuses in one sizable chunk.

Well done

Ishkabibble
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Mar 31, 2018, 2:52:23 PM
I'm wondering if we should take Soul of the Brine King as the Pantheon major god? I heard we get stunned more easily if we block a lot.
"
tkensei wrote:
I'm wondering if we should take Soul of the Brine King as the Pantheon major god? I heard we get stunned more easily if we block a lot.

I don't think Sovyn actually discussed which Pantheon powers to get; most probably because it boils down to how you play. I prefer Ryslatha and Lunaris myself.
"
malakhglitch wrote:
I am using this build again on Bestiary (my second league) and I have this gear.

Looks fine except ancestral call doesn't work with blade flurry, so you'll want a more effective support there such as phys to light, added fire, concentrated, or dmg on full life.
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
Sovyn:

Back on 11/23/2013 I put together my first post responding to your build - and personally I have found this build to be one of the easiest builds to play, get gear for and meet just about any challenge this game has to offer. This is my fourth go around with your build.

Thank you.

I remember, welcome back!
"
tkensei wrote:

It doesn't matter that much. These are extremely minor.

Actually, we don't get stunned by blocking any more than any life based build. This issue is mostly for low life or CI builds.

I went for soul of solaris and soul of tukohama.

Ok thanks!
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
malakhglitch wrote:
I am using this build again on Bestiary (my second league) and I have this gear.

Looks fine except ancestral call doesn't work with blade flurry, so you'll want a more effective support there such as phys to light, added fire, concentrated, or dmg on full life.

Man this is probably a stupid question, but why phys to lightning?
"
frenzul wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
malakhglitch wrote:

Man this is probably a stupid question, but why phys to lightning?

Because we scale damage based on elemental to a large extent (note:not elemental damage nodes) so this gem converts more to elemental which can be scaled with elemental damage support. Try it, your tooltip will go up over added fire, etc. Also, shock is a nice damage increase, so doing a lot of lightning damage will shock more often.
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 3, 2018, 1:35:22 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

Because we scale damage based on elemental to a large extent (note:not elemental damage nodes) so this gem converts more to elemental which can be scaled with elemental damage support. Try it, your tooltip will go up over added fire, etc. Also, shock is a nice damage increase, so doing a lot of lightning damage will shock more often.

Thanks man. I will check it out. I got damage a little better but i'm still struggling. At least the single target is doing better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info