[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

hi sovyn,
i have a big problem... i have a good equip... but at T11 i have seriusly difficult... this is my equip:

Spoiler

This my tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAADuApYEswUtBjkJMwthDPcNzRPMFCAVIBhdGbQaPhuXHM4oKipNK1As6S2DL8wyTjWSPAU8LTzvPQ894j8nQKBDMUVHR35I7krITP9PBE_zUEdRYF8_ZU1nm2jyaf5qk26qcql07Xk5eu9-4oNfg8yE2Yrki0-SbpJ9l3mYb5vsnHuiAKmVrK-uPq9sr6e1BLXytz68Vr02vqfAZsC_wYLE9sau0TbSfNN-1ljYvdrB3CPiLOQi5FHlz-zL7WHvDu9673zwH_Iv8wb2o_cy-6r-Cv5U?accountName=emix86&characterName=XxXFirestormInquiXxX

Im level 80... This my offence and defence:

ty for the support...
"
emix86 wrote:
hi sovyn,
i have a big problem... i have a good equip... but at T11 i have seriusly difficult...

Level 80 is pretty low to be doing T11, you can still gain experience from lower maps. Your block is somewhat low, probably due to lack of a bringer of rain. Your DPS is also too low in my opinion.

I don't have any trouble in T15's. As with any build you watch for the gotchas listed in the FAQ section under 'what will kill me'.
Hi Sovyn nice build by the way im thinking is the bringer of rain build viable until t15 run? and also if im gonna use armor is belly the best choice for it? will the damage still be good? thanks for the time
"
equeedlibrium wrote:
Hi Sovyn nice build by the way im thinking is the bringer of rain build viable until t15 run? and also if im gonna use armor is belly the best choice for it? will the damage still be good? thanks for the time

BoR is just as good or better than anything because it has a large chunk of physical damage on it, good life even for the two pieces, generates endurance charges for more survivability, and has 6 block which saves 7 skill points on the budget build that can be invested into additional damage nodes.

Belly is fine but doesn't really do any of the above. You get a few hundred more life, but the odds of a one-hit scenario falling within such a narrow band are slim. Pretty much you will be dead or alive with either setup the vast majority of the time. Worst downside of belly is the higher cost of a 6-link vs. BoR to get similar damage when all gems are 20/20. Before all gems are 20/20, dps is probably worse than BoR. Also, to keep dps up you would need extra expensive accessories like 4 block lazhwar, 4 block defiance, maybe 2 block gloves to make up the difference in block without sacrificing damage nodes. So, very expensive for not much if any improvement.
Update: Today I used 10 regrets and tested instruments of virtue for the 7th and 8th ascendancy spec points and I can report that my base tooltip goes up around 4200 dps instead of the 2600 for sanctify (when standing on the ground effect). I think that, although the regen is nice, the inconsistency of consecrated ground vs. the always on dps boost from instruments makes instruments pull ahead overall as the life regen is not consistent and not always even needed anyway. Both are good options, but I'll probably leave it set on instruments of virtue, personally.
Hi Sovyn,
I follwed your guide since the previous version of PoE. I started playing directly in hardcore league without having any experience of the game and I managed untill level 67. Then I died with the Act II merciless boss's hammer on my head! I've been just too... lazy to move away! I can say that your build works fine, if a total noob survived in merciless for quite a long time.

However, I have recently updated my lvl 68 templar and i started playing again in standard after some time of 'vacation'. I already have both Crest of Perandus and Lioneye's Remorse, Doryani's Catalyst (but for the latter i have to wait untill lvl 75. For now I use a rare sword with high attack speed) and i wear the Tabula Rasa with Reave supported by multistrike, fast attack, concentrated effect, life leech and melee physical damage. I have some buffs and curses socketed in the rest of my gear.

Reave is my main attack skill. Molten strike - in the shield - is the second one (but I can say I never use it, actually). Do you think reave is a good choice or not? I'm asking because it seems you never mentioned it in the guide.
Other question: Tabula Rasa or other armor with less sockets?

Thanks,
Herzan
"
Herzan wrote:
Reave is my main attack skill. Molten strike - in the shield - is the second one (but I can say I never use it, actually). Do you think reave is a good choice or not? I'm asking because it seems you never mentioned it in the guide.
Other question: Tabula Rasa or other armor with less sockets?

Reave has always been in the guide, I used the skill myself for at least a year. I moved it into a spoiler under other endgame skill options. I would say that reave is good but your dps will be lower than other options mainly because you can't use it with doryani's which is the best weapon available at a low cost. Also, the range is small to start with, and it goes in only one direction so multistrike will distribute your damage between the monsters ahead and those behind, making the dps even less than it otherwise could be. Earthquake and Ice crash don't have any of these problems.

Tabula is fine if you can max your resists (should be easy). Bringer of Rain is a good option at level 67, costs only like 3 chaos, and it's a 6+ link.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 31, 2016, 5:40:00 PM
Update:

Problem: Invisible elemental reflect unique monsters buried in packs in fast paced party play. As you all know, Ice Crash hits hard and slow and in parties, monsters have a lot more life, so the harder you hit with elemental damage, well, let's just say it can be spectacular.

Solution: Today I added a new section, "My Current Gear - Premium Setup". This consists of aegis aurora (+5 cold overcap cold res), purity of ice (+4 overcap cold res at 20) and focusing all damage on cold element. This could be considered a premium setup on new leagues but it didn't actually cost me much (1 ex for the nice roll aegis and a few chaos for the +4 lazhwar, I got nice deals, as usual). I have found a few 6 link chests over time so that was free, and I found the helm also. Downside, lose a lot of dps due primarily to no blood rage, but also reduced support options, physical to lightning or added fire damage are not possible as those would ruin it by adding elements that we are not very resistant to.
Thank you for the guide Sovyn, and the updates. As a first time PoE player (diving right into hardcore), i've done really well with your build and am very happy!
Thank you for the reply Sovyn,
I found the Reave section in the guide, indeed. Anyway, I updated my character yesterday and now i'm using ice crash. My dps is more than doubled. I made to get a 6 links Belly of the beast, instead of BoR. God bless my guild mates. Res are fine except for chaos (-44). When I hit lvl 75 I have doryani's mace ready. I'm taking in consideration the idea of gettin Aegis Aurora instead of Lioneye's.

My current equipment:

Do you think i can improve something? I have to level some gems yet. I just started using them.

Thank you again,
Herzan
Last edited by Herzan on Nov 2, 2016, 9:15:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info