[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
brianbrian wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
brianbrian wrote:
Do you think it's worth saving for a legacy BoR? It's like ~10 ex for a legacy for an extra 9%, an additional 6 levels to faster melee attack, and an additional 12 levels to blind.

It can't hurt, but the build works fine with a regular BoR, or with that much currency, perhaps consider the premium setup with good rares and aegis instead.

Any chance you can link your current gear set up?

It is on the first page under premium setup
Hello,

First at all, please sorry for my english (french native speaker).

I’m young in PoE, i began the game at half of the previous season, with a kindy sunder marauder.

I really like your build. I choose it for my main (and only) character this season. Lot of fun :)

I have full stuff, just a no perfect reckless (20/3/8), and can’f find a lioneye’s remorse with a 4% spell block corruption.

For the moment, i did pale council, farming uber lab and atziri isn’t a problem. I try to complete the atlas, and complete key for trying uber atziri. Running map+14 easily.

As you, i’m having problem with élite mob with reflect caracteristic, hidden in pack. Too much dead … :( With « increase area of effect » skill in place of CE, it’s less dangerous ; lesser dammage, more survivability. But it’s not a long time solution …

So, i’m actually bringing together the « premium stuff » that’s you suggest … I’m trying some tests, and i found a large up of dammage (due to increase elemental dammage on aegis, some buff/skill on chest, … over 5k dps just with stuff and auras).

But … i have 2 (big) problems …
One hand, poor armor … i lost a lot by replacing the shield and helm. I try to crafting a good saintly chainmail (with armor, %increase armor, + life), but no very lucky for the moment.
On the other hand, i’m no longer max block without the BoR … I could upgrade my stuff (reckless and good corruption on shield), but it will not be enough (72% block and block spell with tempest shield). Just for information, my other jewel give all +1 %block.

Can you tell me how do you remplaced the +6% block of the BoR in the premium stuff ?

Thanks for your attention :)
"
Ulren001 wrote:

But … i have 2 (big) problems …
One hand, poor armor … i lost a lot by replacing the shield and helm. I try to crafting a good saintly chainmail (with armor, %increase armor, + life), but no very lucky for the moment.
On the other hand, i’m no longer max block without the BoR … I could upgrade my stuff (reckless and good corruption on shield), but it will not be enough (72% block and block spell with tempest shield). Just for information, my other jewel give all +1 %block.

Can you tell me how do you remplaced the +6% block of the BoR in the premium stuff ?

I have enough armour for aegis to work pretty well. I use granite flask sometimes (lion's roar counts).

Just roll your 6-link chainmail with chaos. You'll get it in not too long. You don't have to worry about getting resists on it so it won't be difficult.

I got a 4 block corrupted lazhwar. Sometimes they can be had cheaply. I found a very good deal on mine.
Hi guys I need some advice I'm not that tanky and I don't have that much more currency what should I upgrade next? I mainly kill myself on elemental or reflect enemies since so much of their dmg is elemental (cold and lightning)

edit:my problem with upgradeing is that I get uncapped res if i change one of the jewelry so I'd have to change all
edit2: just bought a BOR and ir fixed most of my problems guess this is answered since i can now more freely change my jewelry without going below cap
Last edited by Lorgres on Nov 14, 2016, 3:11:48 PM
"
Lorgres wrote:
Hi guys I need some advice I'm not that tanky and I don't have that much more currency what should I upgrade next? I mainly kill myself on elemental or reflect enemies since so much of their dmg is elemental (cold and lightning)

With abyssus + blood rage you were fairly vulnerable to taking physical damage without level 20 purity of lightning aura. That explains why you were having trouble.

For elemental reflect, ice crash is the worst skill for that because it hits slow and hard. The cheap fix is to just use earthquake instead, it's a good skill too. Or, you can try using level 20 purity of ice instead of herald of ash and focus all of your elemental damage on cold (see premium setup on page one for gem example). If you have more currency, throw in aegis for the +5 cold cap as well.
Last edited by Sovyn on Nov 14, 2016, 3:41:26 PM
Hi Sovyn !
Thank you for your reply.

I will try to find a good lazwhar, I saw some with 2% block, but it’s not enough :/
Actually I bought a second reckless defence (20/4/10), very expensive, but It allows me to be full block and spell block, and It gives me the opportunity to change other jewel with more dammage/resistance. 18% more chance to take critical strike is dangerous ? I will see … 

For the body, I have 2 choice in 6L : a saintly chainmail, and a gladiator plate (1500 armor). Would the gladiator plate be better with the aegis’s 2% replenishes ES ?

Last edited by Ulren001 on Nov 16, 2016, 5:12:41 AM
Hi Sovyn! In the passive tree, starting from the Art of the Gladiator, which path would you recommend? The one to Golems blood, Testudo and Retaliation or the one to Command of Steel, Precise Interception and Aspect of the Lynx? Both of them provide 9% blocking. The first one provides block recovery, attack speed and the other one accuracy, dmg and increased defences. I am trying sth new.
"
Ulren001 wrote:
18% more chance to take critical strike is dangerous ?

For the body, I have 2 choice in 6L : a saintly chainmail, and a gladiator plate (1500 armor). Would the gladiator plate be better with the aegis’s 2% replenishes ES ?

Since the jewel ranges from (7-10)% additional Chance to receive a Critical Strike, I assume you meant 8% instead of 18%. I wouldn't say that 8% to take a crit is bad. The spell block you get is a good exchange.

For body armour, you are choosing between, in my case, 166 es from chest gives me 200 es or so, so that's 800 es total vs. 1000 es total. The armour would be, say 400 ar vs. 1500 ar which (tested it) means around 114 es regained per block vs. 156 es regained per block. In theory, the first option may be better in a rare one-hit scenario as your total life+es would be 200 more. Unlikely though. Out of the two, I would probably choose the 1500 ar chest and work toward an upgrade someday.
"
Poulak08 wrote:
Hi Sovyn! In the passive tree, starting from the Art of the Gladiator, which path would you recommend? The one to Golems blood, Testudo and Retaliation or the one to Command of Steel, Precise Interception and Aspect of the Lynx? Both of them provide 9% blocking. The first one provides block recovery, attack speed and the other one accuracy, dmg and increased defences. I am trying sth new.

Probably Golems blood, Testudo and Retaliation. I don't really consider the mana leech node to be optional for quality of life, and if you are already down there, it becomes a no-brainer.
To do: test Blade Flurry for this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info