[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Update: Blade flurry is pretty good. Certainly the range is great, adds another layer of protection. There are a lot of support options, here is what I'm currently experimenting with, budget gear:

Update2: Since Blade Flurry will presumably be the new meta, I have been working on a small revision to the build. here's the tree.

The jist is I removed about 6 mace nodes and went with some more generic ones + deadly dilettante, although I do hate to have weapon type specific nodes, it would be taken toward the higher levels.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Update2: Since Blade Flurry will presumably be the new meta, I have been working on a small revision to the build. here's the tree.

The jist is I removed about 6 mace nodes and went with some more generic ones + deadly dilettante, although I do hate to have weapon type specific nodes, it would be taken toward the higher levels.

I just checked the new skill tree and I’m not crazy about it...

% Critical Strike Multiplier: 105 vs 40 !!
% Increased Critical Strike Chance: 220 vs 220
% Increased Physical Damage: 372.6 vs 380
% Increased Attack Speed: 70 vs 44 !!

% Increased Armour: 120 vs 56 !!
% Increased Life: 142 vs 150

Is Blade Flurry worth it?
I was disappointed that they did not include a new "real" melee skill gem.
I will follow with wild strike as main skill :D
Last edited by Sutanu on Nov 19, 2016, 9:21:30 PM
Hello Sovyn,

I currently am interested in running a variation of your Lazy Templar, but would rather go RT over crit. I have a strong desire to run Juggernaut over Templar in this scenario with 5x Reckless defence and a brass dome with Avengers flasks to provide flexibility in defensive options. Would you take a look at the following tree I have been tinkering with?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAHuMxthYY8sewAH3uT380jgGxha7jM9dpPZI3dVfP8EEFCB5aO8OqW5QR8Aad-PkUW87AdyXeZ5XhNkoKnZ_R34vzItPvTbBgptqZU1NRoVSvqdi7NlhGbSE71cNrY0tg6Lq2sHSIZZs85vPfhUgEuF07fJBkc5oZXas9qMs6QkzBS2CB-96hrPRNnrv2XxEDdN-4ixAoMjwJJ1I7sC_RrdxsGJaPeKplQSH02_8xXiuDPePmbcXDY2xs6yvMk5c-Yd2o4obrWRa458j9pS4OJZKfU2SexTqGPcyfNlyqayqWfMaOJBVJy-fPi3S
Last edited by Magerdanu on Nov 19, 2016, 9:52:03 PM
"
Sutanu wrote:
I just checked the new skill tree and I’m not crazy about it...

% Critical Strike Multiplier: 105 vs 40 !!
% Increased Critical Strike Chance: 220 vs 220
% Increased Physical Damage: 372.6 vs 380
% Increased Attack Speed: 70 vs 44 !!

% Increased Armour: 120 vs 56 !!
% Increased Life: 142 vs 150

Is Blade Flurry worth it?
I was disappointed that they did not include a new "real" melee skill gem.
I will follow with wild strike as main skill :D

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. Is blade flurry worth it? I think so.

Well, it just goes to show how good Galvanic Hammer is. You really can't replace it with a non-mace weapon, without going into the shadow area of the tree.

Here are a couple of corrections to your numbers however.... my fault for forgetting to spec the ascendancy area...

blade flurry tree vs. earthquake/ice crash tree
55% increased Attack Speed vs. 81% increased Attack Speed
150% increased maximum Life vs. 142% increased maximum Life
62% increased Accuracy Rating vs. 90% increased Accuracy Rating
56% increased Armour vs. 120% increased Armour
15% increased Radius of Area Skills vs. 10% increased Radius of Area Skills
+70% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier vs. +105% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
8% chance to Avoid Elemental Status Ailments vs. -
20% increased Life Recovery from Flasks, 20% increased Flask Recovery Speed vs. -
+45% to all Elemental Resistances vs. +43% to all Elemental Resistances
58% increased Elemental Damage vs. 65% increased Elemental Damage
5% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite vs. -
381% increased Melee Physical Damage vs. 373% increased Melee Physical Damage
- vs. +20% to Chaos Resistance

Comments: As mentioned above, the main difference in the offensive stats comes from Galvanic Hammer, and since blade flurry is not compatible with maces, there is no point taking that node. The difference in armour comes from not taking the mace node, Blunt Instrument, but also rerouting a little bit past the scion area to save two skill points. One option would be to take Cloth and Chain for two points, instead of Elementalist. It depends if one wants more tank or more offensive. Is % armour a big deal? I don't think so, particularly since we are killing monsters at the edge of the screen with blade flurry.
Update: Revised new build again, this time it's closer to the stats of the existing build, with the advantage of being complete weapon type neutral; link to tree
"
Sovyn wrote:
Update: Revised new build again, this time it's closer to the stats of the existing build, with the advantage of being complete weapon type neutral; link to tree

Right now, I still have a full passive respec in place and want to use it for this. Do you feel the tree is worth committing to at this point, or do you need more feedback?
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
Based on those numbers you provided, why would anybody choose to run Blade Flurry build over the IceCrash build? Almost all of the numbers are lower.
Last edited by brianbrian on Nov 20, 2016, 8:45:34 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but at the current moment, blade flurry gives the highest damage multiplier. Nearly double of pre-nerfed EQ. Of course this is assuming that GGG do not nerf BF next patch. Dagger also has generally higher crit chance. And most importantly you can BW around :)
"
Khavali wrote:

Right now, I still have a full passive respec in place and want to use it for this. Do you feel the tree is worth committing to at this point, or do you need more feedback?

Yes, it's a good tree, go ahead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info