[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hello again Sovyn!

Just a quick question, you recommend Added Fire Damage for Static Strike - I noticed slotting Phys to Lightning instead gives more dps (at least on the tooltip with no buffs active). What's the rationale behind it?

Thanks!
"
Hello again Sovyn!

Just a quick question, you recommend Added Fire Damage for Static Strike - I noticed slotting Phys to Lightning instead gives more dps (at least on the tooltip with no buffs active). What's the rationale behind it?

Thanks!

Now that we have a way to leech mana from elemental damage there is no good reason to not just choose the higher tooltip. I guess the rational for added fire would be to keep some physical damage for elemental resistant monsters. Also, elemental reflect is not as brutal, reducing the chance of death.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 11, 2016, 4:54:17 PM
Hi, thank you for this amazing build, reached 50 pretty quickly with it and I'm really enjoying it so far. Got a few questions, would be really grateful if you could answer them.

I'm planning to use the Aegis Aurora for this build so it goes well with the Rainbowstride. I'm planning to use a rare helmet with a 6 link chest, so you've mentioned to find if possible a helmet with ES for the Aegis Aurora but you linked a STR helmet which doesn't have such an affix. Should I go for pure STR armour without ES on them (helmet, chest and gloves) or STR/INT with an ES affix?

Thanks!
"
arrkas wrote:
I'm planning to use the Aegis Aurora for this build so it goes well with the Rainbowstride. I'm planning to use a rare helmet with a 6 link chest, so you've mentioned to find if possible a helmet with ES for the Aegis Aurora but you linked a STR helmet which doesn't have such an affix. Should I go for pure STR armour without ES on them (helmet, chest and gloves) or STR/INT with an ES affix?

It doesn't matter much, as long as you have enough armour. You'll probably need to get very familiar with your granite flask(s).

The shield nodes we have on the build will be your largest source of energy shield from an aegis no matter what you do. A little ES on your gear can't hurt, but don't sacrifice armour to any large extent to get it.

Note that aegis may not be even a noticeable survivability boost with this build, in my experience.
Hi Sovyn!

Few days ago, I gain level (91). I have just realised that my physical dmg reduction, chance to evade and chance to hit have dropped, althought the numbers remain the same. Do you have any idea why? Is it because of the level?

Thank you
"
Poulak08 wrote:
Hi Sovyn!

Few days ago, I gain level (91). I have just realised that my physical dmg reduction, chance to evade and chance to hit have dropped, althought the numbers remain the same. Do you have any idea why? Is it because of the level?

Thank you

I think that the game estimates those numbers based on the monster level that you would typically be fighting, which would presumably go up as you level. Naturally, it would be more difficult to hit a higher level monster than a lower level one. It would also be more difficult to evade a higher level monster, and so on.
Just ripped to trash mobs in Dried lake at 70. Overcapped resists and lioneyes shield, ~65% block. 3 good instant hp flasks. Almost 4k hp.

I guess I wasn't paying attention and my own fault. But I'll be honest... I didn't feel tanky with this build. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I felt pretty squishy.

Any tips you guys can think of I might have messed up on? I honestly didn't feel safe in Merciless, which is exactly the opposite of what I expected. I thought my HP might have been too low but then I noticed your current build only had like ~800 more than my crap gear level 70. How can this build survive with that little hp?
Last edited by gregnog on Oct 21, 2016, 1:05:47 PM
"
gregnog wrote:
Just ripped to trash mobs in Dried lake at 70.

I know ripping in hardcore sucks, but every build does it if not paying 100% attention. Usually it's an elemental reflect hidden in a large group, or a volatile in a -resists map, or something like that. Another thousand or two life wouldn't matter in these kinds of situations.

Max block builds have super high effective life pool, around 35,000. Still not immune to every trick the game has to throw at them, just most of it.
I figured some kind of reflect must have gotten me and I just durped out, but besides that I still felt squishier than expected. I was regularly getting dropped to 1/2 hp and below from trash mobs.

I am not sure what I was doing wrong exactly? Maybe my expectations are wrong with tank builds in poe but I never felt survivable other than having granite's going and spamming instant flasks. I would say that I am at least decent at moving around and dodging to. I kept telling myself I will eventually feel safe lol.

"
gregnog wrote:
I was regularly getting dropped to 1/2 hp and below from trash mobs.

That's odd. I never hardly drop much life, even in high maps.

As proof I offer my latest video, only a T9 but the results are similar in any higher map too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGPfQ3hfXsQ

You can see that I don't even have to flask.

I get a lot of elemental leech from doryani's though. Maybe you were noticing the problem in maps rolled with -resists, vulnerability or elemental weakness, which can be harsh.
Last edited by Sovyn on Oct 22, 2016, 3:44:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info