[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
tyranius wrote:
Can you link Ancestral Warchief with Reckoning? I'm working so I can't check right now but it seems it'd be sweet if you could. You get the totem and don't need to manually cast it. Win-win.

I do use it by manually casting because my Reckoning is linked to Tempest Shield and Warlord's Mark. It's a great boost to DPS and enough to cheese some tricky bosses.

Reckoning can trigger curse on hit support but you would need cast when damage taken to trigger a spell. Unfortunately, totems had the spell tag removed a while back so they don't work with CWDT anymore.
Even if you would be able to cast ancestral warchief with reckoning it would be even worse. Reckoning is imho curse generator while ancestral can be played as your secondary dps and decent finisher if you put culling strike into it.

P.S I've never felt that i need warlord's mark in this build.
Last edited by PanTomasz1990 on Oct 3, 2016, 7:09:52 PM
sovyn i just buy gems for earthquake and i feel like i lost money. :/
apparently earthquake got nerfed a lot but the images of your build are kinda old
you should fix that bro.
also the ice crash is indeed amazing but the area of effect is kinda crap if u use concentrated effect. so if u remove it u loose a lot of dps but that's ok you can put it back when boss time comes. Well that's not lazy at all. so i stick with my classic gem that it's really good and you have never refer it. Trust me just one time just try this with tabula :P
I use Earthquake and it's working fine for me. I may re-test Ice Crash soon though.
I made the first new video in a long time today. It's a speed clear of a Gorge map in 2 minutes, 19 seconds. Here it is.

Less than 10 monsters remaining, and no edits.

This is with Ice Crash, Weapon elemental damage, increased area of effect, physical to lightning socketed into Bringer of Rain, which is the best gem combination for the build for clear speed.
Do a Shaper kill video =)

Anyway, I switched to Ice Crash a couple days ago. Liking it a fair bit. Anything I can upgrade to with a 2ex budget?
"
tyranius wrote:
Anyway, I switched to Ice Crash a couple days ago. Liking it a fair bit. Anything I can upgrade to with a 2ex budget?

You could upgrade everything you have on for 2 ex, if you shop smart and patiently. The amulet and reckless defense are fine, the rest is up-gradable.
Is it worth investing into a 6L chest now? However I'd lose out on the block chance from BoR. Resists from chest would allow me to use a Romirras too, increasing my DPS.
"
tyranius wrote:
Is it worth investing into a 6L chest now? However I'd lose out on the block chance from BoR. Resists from chest would allow me to use a Romirras too, increasing my DPS.

I don't think a 6-link chest is worth the cost. Once you get all 20/20 gems in there, it may be the same or a very very little bit more DPS than BoR.

You don't need a chest to use romira's, I use romira's and have max resists, no problem. Just get some jewels for your skill tree that have the resists you need. Other than that, you just need 1-2 resists on your belt, gloves and other ring.
Hi! First of all, thank you OP for the comprehensive guide!

My question: I can't really figure out what to upgrade Doryani's Catalyst to. Between 300+ pdps, up to 132% increased elemental damage and the elemental proliferation support (which I currently use for Herald of Ash + Increased Burning Damage), it seems to be really hard to find a substantial upgrade, even for multiple ex.
Related, how much pdps (or alternatively, maybe something that causes bleed?) would I need to offset the missing increased ele damage in another weapon? I tried to figure it out with the PoESkillTree application, but I can't get the stats there to exactly match the in game stats.

So, did anyone here upgrade from Doryani's to something else?

(Apologies, if this has been discussed before, I don't feel like reading through 570 pages and there doesn't seem to be a search in thread function)

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info