[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

What do you think about ancestral warchief addition? I like this gem, cleared easily few corrupted T14 maps today with it. Havent tried T15 yet, but i am preparing for corrupted Colosseum and Abyss to finally upgrade Atlas to 100. Ancestral Warchief seems like a nice dps addition against single targets, especially with vaal haste and culling strike. Basically this gem seems to be OP overall so it can be useful in a lot of builds.
Hi Sovyn,

Do you have any recommended end game 1 handed sword for those who love to use Reave as their main skill?
I'm level 85 now and been using Scaeva now.

Thanks in advance for this simple and (in my opinion) beginner friendly build.
"
RaveHeart1985 wrote:
i would be really happy if you could take a look a my changed build. thank you very much! :)

Looking good. I assume you will level again soon, but if not, it would be slightly more optimal to take the shield defenses and retaliation rather than the two 10/3 nodes at the bottom of the tree.

Also, in future, divines are worth more than a few bringers of rain so I wouldn't use them, but would rather trade them for a bringer that is rolled how you want it already. Just a heads up.
"
emix86 wrote:
hi sovyn, i have a big problem with this build... no have a dps and not have life/armour...

emix, your hideout dps is OK. With this build, you see much hihgher DPS in combat with charges and flasks and Inquisitor effects going that are not shown on the tooltip. I can clear gorge in under 4 minutes. Also, your gems are not leveled yet, so it will get a bit better.

It would be easy to get 20+ elemental damage on that belt by removing the master mod with tora and applying it again as many times as needed (only a few).

Having some armour is good but it only works on small physical hits which we block almost all of them anyway, so not a big deal. Block works on elemental damage and spells also, so it's much more powerful than armour. You can use a granite flask or two if you like (lion's roar counts).

As to life, you are missing some in a couple places on your gear. You will have something to work towards, which is a good thing. Generally, in most content, block provides a lot of effective health pool (EHP). In the tens of thousands. You do need to be careful of a few gotchas, but that's the case with any build.
"
PanTomasz1990 wrote:
What do you think about ancestral warchief addition?

I think it needs to be manually cast, so not part of the lazy pally theme. Please do continue using it though!
"
Abe92 wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Do you have any recommended end game 1 handed sword for those who love to use Reave as their main skill?
I'm level 85 now and been using Scaeva now.

Thanks in advance for this simple and (in my opinion) beginner friendly build.

You could try Varunastra but it's going to be a sideways upgrade, the only advantage is that the damage nodes I have chosen are rather efficient and some are mace nodes.

Generally speaking you would need a 'good' rare sword, claw, or dagger to beat the Scaeva hands down. 'Good' rares are not cheap. 320+ pdps and some crit at minimum, IMO.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
PanTomasz1990 wrote:
What do you think about ancestral warchief addition?

I think it needs to be manually cast, so not part of the lazy pally theme. Please do continue using it though!

Abyss and twinned Colosseum done. Well, my version of your build is still lazy. Left click - ice crash, right click - ancestral warchief, middle click - tempest shield. Q - shield charge, W - vaal haste occasionally. I drink flask only against against bosses and some essence mobs. I decided to support ancestral warchief with hypothermia, faster attack and concentrated effect.

I am wondering if it's viable against uber Atziri. Normal one is pretty easy, you just need to dodge flameblast. But if not - it doesnt really matter. My build is worthy of 15x chaos and i can clear even tough t15 which is pretty amazing. Ele reflect is my biggest enemy though.
Last edited by PanTomasz1990 on Oct 3, 2016, 4:18:59 PM
Can you link Ancestral Warchief with Reckoning? I'm working so I can't check right now but it seems it'd be sweet if you could. You get the totem and don't need to manually cast it. Win-win.

I do use it by manually casting because my Reckoning is linked to Tempest Shield and Warlord's Mark. It's a great boost to DPS and enough to cheese some tricky bosses.
"
PanTomasz1990 wrote:
Ele reflect is my biggest enemy though.

Agreed. Pretty much have to switch to earthquake and turn off hatred.

It's not too bad to keep a few spare gems in your bag.

earthquake - less duration - increased area of effect - concentrated effect
"
tyranius wrote:
Can you link Ancestral Warchief with Reckoning? I'm working so I can't check right now but it seems it'd be sweet if you could. You get the totem and don't need to manually cast it. Win-win.

I do use it by manually casting because my Reckoning is linked to Tempest Shield and Warlord's Mark. It's a great boost to DPS and enough to cheese some tricky bosses.

I cast it manually too and i feel totally fine with it. I can tell you how my build looks in general:

Bringer of rain -> ice crash, concetrated effect, added fire damage, weapon elemental damage
Lioneye's Remorse -> faster attack support, fortify, shield charge
Weapon -> tempest shield, herald of ash, hatred
Boots -> reckoning, curse on hit, enfeeble, vaal haste
Gloves -> ancestral warchief, hypothermia, faster attack, concentrated effect.

Still not sure about hypothermia in addition to totem but i like this support so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info